Iron Fist defies the critics to become Netflix's most-binged drama

>It's the streaming service's most successful Marvel property to date

>Iron Fist may have been Netflix's least popular TV series critically but the negative reviews didn't stop it from becoming the streaming service's most binge-watched drama premiere.

>The Marvel TV series debuted on 17 March and, according to data from research firm 7Park Data, the percentage of people watching episodes three or higher was above the binge score an average hour-long episode of television would usually receive.

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/iron-fist-netflix-finn-jones-most-watched-drama-marvel-the-defenders-a7661951.html

Is this the beginning of /whitekino/?

The difference between you and a "professional critic" is that they own a blog. Why aren't we cutting out the middleman again? Professional reviewers only exist because you couldn't compile user scores in a pre internet era.

I hope so. Less muds in capeshit is a plus.

>Sup Forumstards successfully tricked into watching and promoting terrible tv capeshit just to spite sjws

>Market your movies as "sjw" friendly
>when it's bombing, change the narrative to watch it despite critics hating it to "stick it" to those PC yuppies.

Seems like a sound tactic.

Daily reminder that white people are the reason we have nice things.

Or you know, maybe people just enjoyed the show and aren't as obsessed with politics as you are.

Ah, if only io9 hadn't blocked my account for calling out the writers for nitpicking their racist "whitewashing" shit. I'd be blasting this shit all over it.

>Danny Rand, back from the dead.
>How the hell did you learn martial arts?

>You know the rules about cell phones in my dojo.

It goes to show what Finn said was right.
This show is for the fans, not the critics.
The fans proved the star right.

Trips confirm

Out of all the Netflix Marvel shows, this is my second favorite
DD S1>DD S2 (Punisher)>Iron Fist>DD S2>JJ (Kilgrave)>>>>>>>>>Luke Cage>JJ

Most people like shit.
The worst of all watch Netflix.
People who watch Netflix watch and enjoy watching shit. It's self-explanatory.

I don't get the whole binge watching thing - I hear friends say all the time that they get bored sitting down for a 2 hour movie, but they're just fine binging an entire season of a show on Netflix at once. What am I missing? In this day and age it's turned into an "so quirky and nerdy xD" thing, but doesn't the term binge normally have a negative connotation?

Not that surprising. I read that some companies plummeted at the stock market as soon as they started pandering heavily to SJWs, LGBT and such shit.

"Target Retailer Hits $15 Billion Loss Since Pro-Transgender Announcement"

Complaints about whitewashing have clearly had the reverse effect here.

>muh Sup Forums

pitiful

White people, specifically white MEN have created the vast majority of nice things, retard.

Io9 became trash the day the editor declared their sci-fi fantasy blog would become political. I stopped going after that.

They watch it while on their phones and doing some other thing. TV shows have a lower threshold of commitment than movies.

Yes of course, but white women birthed and help raise white men so we can still say white people. Most of us are not SJW retards, so cut the MGTOW crap.

This show was fucking garbage. The "whitewashing" shit that critics mentioned really distracted everyone from the fact that this show is poorly written, poorly choreographed, poorly acted trash.

Does he racemix? As an asian male, I'll admit I'm a bit afraid to watch this...

>HOLY SHIT THIS SHOW IS TERRIBLE 1/10
>"Huh? Is it really that bad" x100000000
>Watch the show until the bad part comes
>You're already half way through the series
Like magic

Could this mean that liberals are poortards and watching shows illegally?

APOLOGIZE

>wmaf
Damn Netflix gets the Sup Forums, Reddit AND White Supremacist audience!

What happened?
I don't know jack shit about the series.
Can someone sum it up real quick?

>488

It got worse once the Hulk shut down Gawker. Then the election happened and everything is anti-Trump.
Now the whole thing is just a joke, but the best part is visiting The Root. You really get a view into how stupid even normal black people can be. They still push the conspiracies of Travon and Big Mike being murdered and that the courts were corrupt and paid off.

White men also love taking credit for shit they haven't done, like you're doing to other great men who were more than just white.

Lel. Digits know I'm right. They really did their marketing research desu.

Obviously, the show is bad. But we stay till the end for the best guy.

>white billionaire kid watches parents die in plane crash
>crashes in Himalayas
>raised in the East
>taught asian languages, mannerisms and fighting styles
>becomes Iron fist (super)
>goes back home, bes hobo, becomes rich again
>fucks azn QTs and beats up old women

It couldn't believe it when he removed his shirt.

He was a fucking nazi all along?

What the fuck?

SJW wanted main character of Iron Fist to be an asian, even though the character Danny Rand is white. Marvel decided against it and kept the main character as Danny Rand and cast a white guy. So SJW flipped out because a white guy can be good at martial arts. They spun a false narrative filled with bullshit. All in attempt to teach Marvel/Netflix a lesson. And it failed miserably.

Do critics have any sort of respect among the modern man and woman any more? The only people that really read their bullshit are beta cucks and tumblr females.

another win for White America

Well, maybe you just don't like this type of show in general? I watched all the Marvel Netflix shows so far and enjoyed Iron fist far more than Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.

Only if they agree with what the critics are saying. That's when they'll name drop critics to prove a point if someone disagrees with their opinion.
"Well obviously you're wrong because so and so has been a critic for 10 years and they agree with me!"

The Donald Trump of shows

This guy, Tom Pelphrey, is based as fuck.
Good in Banshee, bangs Lili Simmons from that show, and now he is great in this awful, piece of shit show.

Jesus Christ, these people are cancer.

He's one of the ones bitching about how Danny acted, which was on purpose.

Prove it tumblr

>mfw someone would spend time bitching about a show they didn't like, like actually click a thread and sit in it reading responses just so they can say its shit to people, somehow this is what people believe trolling is

The only one I liked was Daredevil

His girlfriend in the comic is a black woman, the Asian chick (Colleen) is his " like a sister friend". For some reason though, the writers got them to bone. If you don't like WM/AW beware of ep 7.

Yeah because of the Luke Cage series and who they cast as Misty, there's no way her and Danny are going to hook up.

When did "binge-watching" replace "marathoning"?

Its true karate teachers don't really let you have phones in class

Why not? I'm sure it would have to build first, their characters haven't even met yet.

>Luke fucking slut!Misty

Unless Colleen dies in the near future, it's just not possible to make the audience suspend their disbelief that anyone would choose the actress that plays Misty over Colleen.

It wasn't objectively good but it was weird enough to be endearing and put itself above the others. I agree with your list but I'd probably rank cage higher. JJ only had Kilgrave going for it.

>vocal minority complains about it
>vast majority just enjoy it
its funny how desperate these reviewers and critics are becoming

so true

Binge = can't stop
Marathon = can't keep going
Just like you can't binge on eating healthy vegies.

/ourgals/

It's pretty fucking bad though
Mainly because Iron Fist is a shit character to begin with and the lead can barely act

How can you "whitewash" a White character?

Are vietnamese men /our guys/?

Same reason there won't be a Daughters of the Dragon with Misty and Colleen. The actress they cast isn't going fit into the role. Their age difference and the whole Danny is still a naive boy in ways.

Come on Bruh, they're both good looking women. Besides Danny/Colleen aren't the best influence on each other, and Misty wouldn't enable him.

I don't know. Isn't that what the reviews complained about? I'm just saying it was stupid of reviewers to include that retarded criticism because it takes away from how bad the show is.

That's why it won't happen. Misty, a mature police woman, isn't going to date some rich white boy who still acts childish.

Only in Idaho and Wyoming

There's really no such thing as bad publicity.

No, see Ghost in the Shell box office earnings

Initially they were given the first 3 episodes and that's where all the criticizing came in about whitewashing. There were a few complaints about the pace but the rest was pretty much just trumping up excuses to not like it. Kinda like people such as yourself who didn't enjoy it, can't explain why, so you just keep coming to threads to talk about something you thought was bad.

>Daughter of the Dragon

People are pining for it though, even if they look a bit odd together. There's always been an age gap between Danny and Misty, but his maturity level needs to rise.

>There are people not for D/M, because of that yet ship C/D?? Hmmmm.

>implying Danny, a billionaire white boy with a 10/10 girlfriend would date some old hag black police woman

It's Danny who's WAY out of her league, which makes it a very unlikely pairing, not the other way around.

Jews aren't white

That movie failed because ScarJo is a bad actress and cannot carry a movie on her own.

It would have made even less if it starred some random asian chick and didn't have Scarjo's star power.

I get that, I just think the concept is retarded, hypocritical, and a double standard. Do the same critics call it blackwashing when Idris Elba plays Roland in the Dark Tower? Or 1 racially ambiguous NASA employee turns into 3 uppity sheboons?

Because Lucy didn't make like five times its budget?

Moron

>Can't explain why
I literally already did so. Just because you're a pleb who thinks that bad story, acting and fight scenes doesn't mean that everyone else is making up reasons to dislike this garbage.

The movie would have failed no matter who you cast. It's like pretending the Assassins Creed movie only failed because of Fassbender and not because it was simply a shitty movie.

Semantics

>inb4 'semetics'

I'm sure his balls will drop by the time he checks on Misty.

Plus, she's gotta get her arm from somewhere...

The acting wasn't bad at all and the fight scenes were fun as hell. You're use to karate and mma bullshit movies, not kung fu. Some of the camera shots were bad.

You're proving my point for me. You didn't like it. But want to keep talking about it. Because even you don't know why.

Again, it's fair to criticize the show, but we are calling out those same critics who were rating the other Netflix shows in the 80- 90% range. If Luke Cage and Jessica Jones are a 80%+ on RT, then Iron Fist is objectively not a 17%. That's simply a fact. It is better than both shows in everything you listed. Story, acting and fight scenes.

There's nothing wrong with this fight scene? wtf are you even on about?

It's actually not semantics, they don't get to pick and choose. They're either sand niggers, or they're white and should gtfo the ME and stop stirring shit up

He's a troll. Possibly one of the paid kind. You get use to them around here. It's fun to call them out on their shit though because they double down on it.

U what? Misty is built for breeding and taking care of you, Colleen is just a casual romp

Agree

Favourite fight was between Danny and the drunken master, also Coleens sword fight with the other asian gril

So are you saying Scarlet Johansen is Bin Laden's daughter?

Are you implying Israel isn't sand nigger tier?

It's about the amount of "cuts", which has less to do with the actual fight choreography and more to do with the directing and editing of the sequence.

I will say that most of the fight scenes are not this bad. Most of the fight scenes are serviceable, which is still a problem because this is a show about martial arts. The fight scenes should be amazing.

>mfw someone is bitching about cuts

I'm implying people with white skin and blue eyes are white. Fits Hitler's 'supreme race' theory

>Plebs and reddit watch anything marvel shits
>(((Sup Forums)))fags joins them, cause muh white boi
I'm not surprised tbqh

This exactly.
Add in that most reviewers were professional in that they kept their own personal bias away and judged the work on its own merits.

Right user, everyone is against you and watched tv shows only to spite you and for political reasons.

Second hottest azn in Marvel right behind Quake and bumping down Melinda May to third.

Sure, I'd agree, then they have no basis in being in the ME in the first place. Mix breed europid mutt jews like Askhenazis, Khazars, and Sephardic jews aren't even semitic (North African/Middle Eastern descent)