I can barely get passed the horrid acting but seriously? People unironically liked this?

I can barely get passed the horrid acting but seriously? People unironically liked this?

i know right
it is fucking terrible

Yes, intelligent people did.

>intelligent people did.
>durr you were just dumb if you didn't like it

12 year old aren't supposed to be on Sup Forums

It's awful, but people like this will say "ohh you didn't understand it because you're dumb and I'm really smart".

It was awful. The acting, the script, the kino, the plot, everything.

Ironically, only retards like the film.

Can you explain what you need to be so smaryt for to understand? Can you explain why you liked it?
I mean, I can sit here and name 10 better time travel related films, so I also don't understand why people always said it's the most 'realistically' done time travel film, just because the script has a bunch of scientific words in it.

it was an almost ok movie

>donnie darko for grownups
holy fuck lol i wanna see it on the strength of that quote alone

>i wanna see it on the strength of that quote alone

I bet you last 30 minutes. It's truly awful.

Yeah I remember being pretty disappointed with this. I tend to really like intricate convoluted plots, but this was really just in service of nothing

It's literally impossible to fully understand everything on your first viewing but it is nonetheless a pretty mind blowing and clever movie.

I remember quite enjoying this, but I couldn't really tell you percisely why.

I was mostly trying to just figure it out and that distracted me from the bad elements. It's also pretty fucking short.

No.
The only people who pretend to like this are fedoras, because they think it makes them look smart.

Its an indie film with no money. For what they had its well done. But if you need cgi and retarded magazine cutouts to look at, then this isnt for you.

it's kinda bad
there's nothing good in the movie besides "le realistic time travel", something that attracts the redditors in first place

It's an objectively bad movie. Plebs think it's good because it's opaque, they feel like if they didn't get it then it must be an incredibly intelligent complicated film, when in reality it's just made in such a way that it's hard to follow. It's visually basic, the dialogue is workaday. The premise and plot are interesting but the movie is just too shit to carry them over properly.

The movie was about a group of engineers. I would say the stiff and shallow emotion displayed in the acting was spot on.

Goodluck getting through the first table convo and garage scene

Upstream Color is the better film

There are two kinds of people, those that don't understand primer on the first viewing and those that don't even realize they didn't understand it.

i thought the two main characters did fine, and it's intentionally dull and realistic

Wow that quote on top is beyond pretentious.
"GLORIOUS REBUKE TEE HEEEEEEE"

>Donnie Darko for grown ups
That didn't work out, now did it?

Forgot pic

This is one of those films that is somewhat technically incompetent, a good example of "bad" cinematography (soft or out of focus a lot of the time, barely exposed shots, etc), but still manages to be a good film because it is genuinely interesting and engaging.

At least your post is constructive, unlike the rest of this thread.

It was just boring to be honest. The ending isn't really much of a twist either. You know he never really had a plan for dealing with time travel so it wasn't a surprise when they just sorta go their separate ways.

What's really to understand? Two science guys develop a time machine, and due to neglience the timelines start mucking up and then they make an effort to inform thair "past selves" but thigns get out fo control quick and Shane Carruth leaves for France.

You have to genuinely be autistic to think understanding the perfect intricacies of all the timelines is understanding the movie when it's the opposite. Not understanding them is understanding the film, since it's a demonstration of how incredibly complex and convoluted these sort of time travels would end up being, and how the two characters quickly get in over their heads.

It's not a bad movie though, finally a somewhat accurate portrayal of how scientists actually act and talk, and its brief length means it's not unwelcome, though it is fairly dry and uncompelling.

You can dislike it and understand it, your fucking idiot.

The plot is just a framing device for how this newfound power corrupts them morally and ruins their friendship. It's an archetypal story: power corrupts. The power of time travel corrupted them internally, as they used it for personal gain, and it corrupted their friendship.

Into the second category you go.

Thing is, I feel the movie not being fully understandable in its first viewing isn't because of clever writing, but due to intentionally obtuse writing and filming. You could have kept an identical plot, and filmed the movie in a way that makes everything clear by the end. They just decided to make the movie hard to watch on purpose instead.

Except for the fact that it wasn't negligence, and one of those two science guys had already time traveled before the movie even mentions time travel, and is playing the other for a fool the whole time.

>I can sit here and name 10 better time travel related films
go on then ....

Or rather, both of them already had, but one was still the fool.

>durrr this movies above criticism you didn't get it if you didin't like it lol

I hope you die.

explain the logic of not getting it if he didn't like it? why are people so arrogant about this fucking film.

It very good once you realize they made it for $2 and a catering tray

$7000, but close.

This. I liked the fact the movie focused (or tried to) on technical descriptions. It feels more natural that other 'genius at work' movies I have seen. That could be boring for many people, though.

I thought it was alright. It was pretty cool that they made it on the cheap with such a small crew. For what they made it with it could have turned out a lot worse

>Its a bad acting is good movie

I might try it.

I like it for being the only time travel fiction that explains how they avoid ending up floating in space or embedded inside the earth or whatever because it moved since their target time.

I, for one, liked the movie. I can see it's hard to understand since you don't have a guy showing up every five minutes to explain the plot.

Maybe Inception will be more to your liking.

It was okay but I really fucking love UC

UC was legitimately one of the worst films I have ever seen in my life. It makes Primer look like Gone With the Wind.

Why? I'm not claiming it's some masterpiece, but when I'm really fucking depressed I just watch it and kind of zone out. It's pretty therapeutic. Something about the visuals, sounds, and minimalism just makes it easy to watch when you're sad.

Once you look up am explanation the story sounds really interesting but the fact that this was made by one dude with zero knowledge on movie making on a 7000 dollars budget means there's no fucking way he would be able to present the story in a way that's understandable. The movie isn't confusing for being too smart, it's confusing because it's poorly made

this is what happens when scientifically-minded people try to be creative. see also: man after man, by d. Dixon.

ITT: Movies Sup Forums tricked you into watching

I remember red.dit sucking Carouths dick and saying that A Topiary would be the greatest film ever made, I read the script, just a bunch of autistic ramblings, what the fuck is his problem?

>I can sit here and name 10 better time travel related films
No you can't

I wholeheartly agree with this.

the script is simple,the only reason that is difficult to understand is because of the bad execution.I don't underastand why reddit keeps sucking this guys dick

It's Sup Forums too. Look at the thread

what is this? A timeline for ants?

I will admit, I didn't like the movie until I googled it and read all the "analysis" of it, rewatched it, and realized it was a good movie.

Just like Mulholland Drive.

hahahaha

Yo, the stick phased thru the beam.

i think that was done on purpose. the filmaker wants the audience to feel like they are lost as fuck and like only the characters can keep up with whats going on. i dont think it is the future of film making or anything but it is a good experimental movie for what it is.

It's not great but there are hardly any good time travel movies in the first place.

Predestination

12 Monkeys

>i think that was done on purpose.

Not really. For instance, when Character is fighting himself, originally they had intended to use greenscreen to superimpose his face onto the other guy so that it was clear that it was two versions of the same person having a scrap. In the end they didn't for no other reason than they couldn't afford a greenscreen, instead they just got one of the guys to grow a beard and hoped no one would notice that they didn't look alike. Which is why that very important scene is so unclear.

>12 Monkeys
Definitely not better than Primer
>Predestination
Haven't seen it yet, will watch

>12 Monkeys

Saw it as a kid and loved it. Was a good watch through my teens.

Rewatched it last year cause the wife hadn't seen it and holy fuck it was bad and the ending was so fucking obvious.

Timecrimes

>the ending was so fucking obvious.

I'd hope so considering you'd already seen the movie

You know what I mean, she figured it out during the first act.

How have I never noticed that?

Because that dog's a genius.

I know right
I know,right?
I know. Right!
I know....right!
I know right I know right I know right I know right I know right I know right I know right I know right I know right I know right I know right I know right
Right

Fucking American wankers

I'm 28. I've been watching films as long as I can remember, I've seen every genre and type, from countries around the world, from the most well known to obscure indie projects and cult classics, out of all these film, Primer, is without a doubt the worst fucking film I have ever seen in my life.

You

just

didn't

replytothisoryourmomwilldieinhersleep

It even beats The Room, Birdemic and Bulk?

FUCK YOU

UC?

It was garbage, but I'm sure there are worse films.

Take your meds, John.

You're 100% full of bullshit if you say you followed the timeline to the movie completely. It was okay. Like Op said the acting was a little weak.

unshaved cuntholes

I'm not that guy but

Terminator
Back to the future
planet of the apes
Twelve monkeys
Looper
Bill and Ted
time bandits
flight of the navigator
safety no guaranteed
HG Wells the time machine (1960)

I believe so, I've never seen "bulk" but the room and birdemic are at least enjoyable on some level, even if it's cringe or Ironic, they are fun bad films to watch.

Primer is like watching paint dry. Beige fucking paint. It's not entertaining or edifying in any way, shape or form. It's a horrible experience.

The color of the film is horrible. it's blue or yellow. The audio of the dialog is horrible. The dialog itself with the constant mumbling and interrupting and scientific jargon is horrible. plots are brought up and dropped never to be mentioned again. It's a mess, it's nonsense.

you're gonna mind read me?

Those are all worse than Primer and half of them aren't even really time travel movies

Immunity cat protects me.

>Can you explain what you need to be so smaryt for to understand? Can you explain why you liked it?

No, I was only shitposting.

It's another of those films that literally offends and trigger plebs. This is but one more thread full of them.

One of the top 100 films of the decade

I liked that film a lot when I saw it years ago, always meant to give it more viewings.

It makes a change from hollywood garbage that somehow costs tens of millions.

Just looked it up. It cost 7.000, fuck man that's amazing.

I loved Upstream Colour too.

The thing about Mullholand Drive or any of Lynch's films is that you don't have to fully understand it nor it is needed of you to enjoy the piece.

You can say that Primer is a bad movie when you categorize it as a movie. It isn't though, it's a puzzle you have to put together. Like a meta-interactive film. I didn't like it at all but I see how some might. Primer pissed me off real hard actually.

>fuck man that's amazing.

Is it, though?

I mean what did they do with that 7000 that was so impressive?

An excellent film done by pretty much no money and most of the work by one guy. It's very impressive

Produced a well made film that's famous and well acted.

Looper was fucking shit

It's a shame they never released this excellent movie and instead produced Primer.

>hating on low budget OC kino
>the absolute state of nu/tv/
just stay in the capeshit threads you fucking plebs

> pretty much no money
7000 dollars is more than no money. The film had a small cast of nobodies, used no CGI, wasn't shot in any expensive locations, wasn't shot in HD. It looks like exactly 7000 dollars worth of movie, honestly.

>a well made film
Not really, as evidenced by this thread.

>kino

It's fucking shit though, user. Evaluate the film on any other grounds than "wow it was so complex like I didn't know what was going on" and you'll realise that. It has a fine plot, but that doesn't make a film.

The IQ level of Sup Forums is that of your average nigger these days anyway.

MODERN OCEAN WHEN!?!

Explain to me what's good about this film. Bear in mind that if you allude to the phrases "realistic time travel" or "low budget" your post will be ignored.

You know what's good about it. Is that I liked it.
Good chemistry between the two protagonist, snappy dialogue.

It's like me asking why you like dub step when I like Creedence Clearwater Revival.