Is this a joke I don't understand?

First for top tier artists.

>100 errors and 100 warnings
Impressive Jason.

Just me trying to showcase the despair of when programming goes wrong

Why is rent so god damn high in Ireland

also >java
fuckin pajeet

Don't know anything about programming but I do know that you have the potential to get this done and fix all the errors

>macedonia, one of europe's tech capitals
>not

That last thread was terrible. Glad I gave it the skip for the most part.

Wish you'd stop posting lain here and disrespecting her. Doubt you even deserve to be part of lain.

So what anime are you lads watching atm?
Just started mashiro-iro

You can't tell me 900€ for a shitty 40m2 flat in Cork is reasonable

Skip or boycott?

>Did you play it already?
Yes yesterday but not far. Beat the first world in single player. Feels weird being so far behind most people in levels since I played the original from day one. Disappointed in the lack of new stages. It's probably just bad rotation luck but most of the matches I've played have been on stages from the first game.

Bit of both. Although I did drop in to remind everybody that Azur Lane is shite.

Lain spends all day shitposting half-naked in her room.

>anime
I had started New Life a couple of weeks ago, only watched two episodes though.
Downloaded "Mahoutsukai no Yome" and "Inuyashiki" from the new season earlier, will watch soon.

>Bit of both
Any particular reason you were boycotting it?
>Azur Lane
t. fanboy

There's going to be a splatfest next weekend, haven't played one of those yet, well I didn't play the original so all the stages are new for me
>Pic
Why's she aiming at flowers?

>Any particular reason you were boycotting it?
It was a Sunday thread with an extra serving of whinging. Also, a lot of unsavory Brits from what I can see.

xfce4 god tier

She truly is /ourguy/

>aiming at flowers
Think she is just aiming at the person looking up her skirt.

>extra serving of whinging
Been quite a lot of that the last few days alright.
Also I thought you told me boycotting was bad because that meant letting them win?

>There's going to be a splatfest next weekend
Team warm breakfast all the way.
>haven't played one of those yet
You mean you didn't help lead Mayo to victory? You'll never win the All-Ireland Turf War Championship like that.

>xfce4
That's not how you spell GNOME.

nobody here relates to her in any way except for sitting in your room all day on your playing games on your computer. Which is not what she is about.

I played the demo splatfest and defended the honour of team cake, nice to see a fellow hotty

So OP is a guy named Jason who is studying CS/Software Engineering first year at Uni (or maybe still at 6form (do the Irish have that?)) and he's trying to learn OOp in Java.

That was me 10 years ago.

Now I do math. Thank fuck I switched to math.

>Jason O'Connor

>Also I thought you told me boycotting was bad because that meant letting them win?
It's important to pick your battles. Boycotting would be if I just left and never came back.

>Now I do math
What do you work in? I'm assuming you've graduated at this point

>math
Think you mean maths. What do you work as?
>trying to learn OOp in Java
What's he even doing exactly, working with XML files?
Errors indicate something a bit more than a simple Hello World program.

>if I just left and never came back
The context you said it to me in was me boycotting an /eire/ thread. I had intended to come back for the next /éire/ one.

>nice to see a fellow hotty
Lewd.
But seriously it's weird to see so many coldfags. I guess a lot of people have cereal and stuff for breakfast but even if I had a cold breeakfast every day a hot one would still be nicer.

>me boycotting an /eire/ thread
>/eire/
Also, how was I to know you'd come back? You should have given your intentions in writing to the relevant authorities.

obviously xfce4>gnome tard

>actual Hilda next to the fanart design of what we thought she looked like from the first image of her sprite
Some quality Pokégirls tonight Poi. I'll make a consolefag of you yet.

Hot cereal is better, I never have warm breakfast unless I'm in a hotel but I still find it nicer
>Hilda
Who?

I know a couple of people called Jason.

>clunky interface from 1999
Looks dreadful desu.

>/eire/
Yes, that's what the thread was name? Am I misunderstanding?
>how was I to know you'd come back
Doesn't a boycott typically only last until the things you disliked go away? So I would have been back for the next correctly named thread.

Pokemon Black and White female protagonist. Speaking of Pokemon, I forgot I had this chart saved.

>Who?
Pokémon Black/White girl.

>quality Pokégirls tonight Poi
Thanks, though I know next to nothing about Pokemon.
>make a consolefag of you yet
Never ever ever. Master race till the day I die.

>Yes, that's what the thread was name? Am I misunderstanding?
Ah sorry, I forgot the context of the boycott.

mfw : you have a pc with 16gb i7 4.2ghz, gtx 1070 you are rich
fuck i broke my laptop's screen two days ago, i'm now on an old one, 4gb 2.2ghz EASY

please, stop using this shitty distro, "UBwanTu", go arch (and topkek screenfetch in ~/.bashrc)

>though I know next to nothing about Pokemon
Well you know the girls, or at least the ones this artist likes. Gamefreak may have been phoning it in lately content wise but they've been making solid repeated perfection on their female character designs.

>Pokemon
I feel /eire/'d.

>Never ever ever. Master race till the day I die.
You will learn the ways of the idort.

>thinking I would ever misspell the name of my country
Rude. Have some Azur Lane as punishment.

>rich
Wouldn't say that now...
>shitty distro
But it just works (TM).
>topkek screenfetch in ~/.bashrc
What?

in your terminal, you have the output of screenfetch, that's really kek
like check your ~/.bashrc, you surely have
if [ -f /usr/bin/screenfetch ]; then screenfetch; fi
nvm, if you want to change of distro, go for Arch :).

>perfection on their female character designs
Character designs really do look nice alright.
I know I've asked this question before but if one was to start playing Pokémon, which game would they play first?
I'll take notes this time!

>surely have if [ -f /usr/bin/screenfetch ]; then screenfetch; fi
No, I just ran the command and edited out the prompt that contained my name etc.
Also I'm using neofetch, not sure what the difference is but neofetch has more stars on GitHub so it's obviously better right?
>go for Arch
I'm happy with Ubuntu for the moment, but maybe in the future. I'm still relatively new to using Linux as my primary desktop OS and I like the amount of guides that exist for Ubuntu. I know a lot of the information transfers and I know Arch has an excellent wiki but still.

np, just an extremist trying to convince everyone in his environment to use arch, my mother as well : i didn't let her choose.
Didn't know about neofetch ^^.

just for information, with arch, xfce started, 90mb of ram used :)

>chart

>just an extremist trying to convince everyone in his environment to use arch
Why do you like it so much over other distros? I know some people in Sup Forums love it and some hate but I don't really know the reasons.
I guess it it very minimal, has good documentation and a nice community?
Are criticisms that it has a tendency to break and you have to spend a lot of time fixing it valid, in your opinion?
>didn't let her choose
Is she able to use it? My mother is currently struggling with Windows.
>90mb
Pretty good desu.

>Dark
>Electric
>Dragon
>Fighting
>Fire
>Flying
>Ice
>Poison
>Psychic
>Water
All of them are great choices desu. Might fire up Sacred Gold again for another run this week.

>maths_aides
You should be studying, shouldn't you?
>which game would they play first
I'd say, Soul Silver, but that's just personal bias

>Soul Silver
Are the stories in the game connected or not really?

To be fair lads watching anime as grown adults is a bit sad isnt it. Lets not pretend its socially acceptable.

FireRed/LeafGreen would probably be the best choice. They're remakes of the first gen with an added post-game and other features, as well as IN COLOUR.
My personal recommendation would be Emerald. I have a lot of fond memories of Hoenn and overall it's a very good game, one of the best in the series in fact.
Those are my recommendations for a starting point. There are great games later on as well I feel either of the above are better for beginners. I don't mean they're easy or worse or anything I just mean they introduce you to the world and gameplay better.
I take it you'll be emulating (and in this case I can't blame you since second-hand Pokémon games will probably cost you more than a GBA or DS) I'd say it's better as well since I remember DS emulators not being the best. I don't know how far they've come in recent years but I remember them having a lot of minor graphical issues.

Whatever you do don't go for the non-third version games like picking Diamond or Pearl over Platinum. My favourite game is Sapphire but that's only over Emerald out of nostalgia, Emerald is objectively improved in every way.
I'd say avoid the recent-ish anyways, the games haven't gotten terrible but all games since XY haven't been nearly the best. They've all been lacking in some way or another.

They are connected and I believe it's the game that introduces you to the most important aspects of pokémon lore
I can see the appeal in most of these pokémon except for
>ground

>tfw always wanted a Scizor but nobody to trade with as a kid

>Breloom
Good taste

>socially acceptable
Not an issue if you can hide it like you're supposed to

Oh shit I did one of these the last day but can't find it. Just as well, I wasn't sure on some of my choices.

>Not liking Wooper/Quagsire
How is that possible? They have the happiest faces
All of the good mons in Gold and Silver evolved via trade, it's so annoying replaying it. I can't play through with NFE mons, my tism won't allow it

we're losers anyway, might as well go all the way

it's very light, keep updated, yaourt is really nice and stable
No way it has a tendency to break, never had a real problem since I use it (2 years).

Of course she is able to use it, xfce4 starts when she logs in and the she click on that little "fiyefoux" icon and everything is fine.

I understand that you mother is currently struggling with Windows, because It's fucking retard shit, like really, since w8, i can't handle it

>watching anime as grown adults is a bit sad isnt it
how so?

Are you the VPN lad?

nope I'm 100% French

For that reason alone I had to fall back on romhacks just so I could get the pokemon I wanted. I can't believe GameFreak hasn't made a "evolve at level 45 if you can't trade" feature yet.

then she clicks*
your mother*
retarded shit
sorry tired :(

>How is that possible?
The great marsh in Diamond made me want to strangle every single wooper in existence and rape it's offspring

Oh the south french lad. what city?

Damn lad, I've never meet anyone who hates Quagsire, he's impossible to hate. Ya, I really want them to retcon all the trades

There's not a real ongoing story but some games are connected more than others. HeartGold and SoulSilver are sequels to the FireRed and LeafGreen, they take place 3 years after them and you spend the second half of the game in the region FRLG takes place in. HGSS are very, VERY good games but I wouldn't ever recommend starting on a sequel.
The only games that are more tied together are Black and White with Black 2 and White 2.

Aside from that most other games are secluded story wise with the odd reference or character from another game appearing.

>Oh the south french lad
yep that's the one
>City?
Narbonne

>Narbonne
Never heard of it until now. My knowledge of french geography is nothing beyond where the ferrys go, paris, where the beaches roughly were and the south with nice/marseille/monaco

>Narbonne
I was in Gruissan a couple of time with my grandmother, nice place

Thanks for the info. The quantity of games and naming schemes are all a bit confusing.
>don't go for the non-third version games
So go for the remakes over the originals is that correct?

Depends what kind of anime you watch and what kind of environment you're in. I've known work colleagues and student friends who are into anime and I've never got any sense of a negative perception from people. But then none of them watch things like Keijo.
I think stuff like Death Note and Attack on Titan has become very mainstream and acceptable with streaming services like Netflix and Amazon putting a lot more focus on them in the mainstream, when you say you watch anime most normies probably just think of stuff like that.

I won't bother to correct anything from now on

it's a small city located roughly between Montpellier and Perpignan
>I was in Gruissan a couple of time with my grandmother, nice place
Aye it's nice, I don't go out much though since I don't have friends but it's a comfy place

The official "I want to get into Pokemon but where should I start from" list:
FireRed/LeafGreen
Soul Silver/HeartGold (Romhacks are better as they add more to Kanto and fix the disgusting level curve)
Emerald
Platinum
Black and White 1
Black and White 2
X/Y (if you really want to play a 3DS Pokemon game in 3D form, and can stomach the shitty "power of friendship crew")
Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon if you want a break from the same formula to try something new.

>Montpellier and Perpignan
Wouldn't even know where they are except in the south because you told me it.

How are DS and 3DS emulators these days? Playable?

>There are people who never played Pokémon

DS is fine but last time I tried Sun or Moon on Citra it lagged a lot, but that was on Nov 2016. Give it a try and see. Even a phone can emulate the DS if you want portability. Personally I'd say get a 3DS and flashcart to enjoy them all on one machine.

can't blame you, I suck at geography too
I spent so much time on Pokemon Emerald, looking back it is probably one my best memories as kid

How long does it typically take to complete a game?

A gym a day would be reasonable I'd say

On average I'd say like 20 hours. They are very easy to play while watching TV and if you emulate them, you can speed up the fights

Worse yet there are people who never played Pokemon and will or have introduced themselves to the series with Pokemon Go

>A gym a day
Playing X/Y would be interesting
>or have introduced themselves to the series with Pokemon Go
You have to be older or younger than the average Millennial to be introduced to the franchise via go

>The quantity of games and naming schemes are all a bit confusing
I suppose it seems worse than it is since they come in pairs. If you were more familiar with the series it would be easier to use gens or abbreviations. This would probably be easier if I had a chart handy.

>So go for the remakes over the originals is that correct?
Pretty much. For games with a third version then always pick the third version (ie; play Platinum instead of Diamond or Pearl).
When it comes to actual remakes then FRLG and HGSS are objectively better than their Game Boy predecessors.
However, there is an exception, do not go anywhere near Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. They are basically the EA Star Wars Battlefront of Pokémon as in they're casualised and have less content than Emerald despite coming out more than 10 years after it.

>tfw finally got nominated for a Hurling All-Star
Think this might be my year, lads.

I'd say there are a good few teenagers on this site who have grown up with a smartphone from a young age and never bothered with gaming handhelds as a result.

>add more to Kanto
Since when was HGSS Kanto missing content? It was the gen II Kanto that was bare.

>and fix the disgusting level curve
The Elite Four was a bit of a letdown.

>can stomach the shitty "power of friendship crew"
That was far from XY's biggest problem.

>hurling all-star
Do you get money?
Hope you invite your /éire/friends to the ceremony

>that scene
God, I'll never forget the first time I saw that.

>image
Seems like I missed that one, thanks.
>nominated for a Hurling All-Star
At what level?

>Since when was HGSS Kanto missing content?
They could have done more now that there was no technical limitation. The Romhacks are the definitive way imo to play these games.
>That was far from XY's biggest problem.
It's been so long but all I remember is the shitty cast, the Kanto pandering, the silly villain's motives, and a hobo being the final boss.

Charizard fights are always 10/10's. The Johto League finale is still my favourite fight, I love it when they reveal new Pokémon in the anime.