>the return of the king: part 2 2025
>the return of the king: part 3: part 1 2026
>the return of the king: part 3: part 2 2027
>the return of the king: part 3: part 3 2028

no thanks

>directed by Michael Bay
>full cgi Orlando Bloom shotting 5 arrows at once
>every arrow hits a different orc and they explode in a giant fireball

Only if Aragorn is a black man, Gandalf is a wise old woman and Sam and Frodo are gay lovers.

Wouldn't be a bad idea. The originals are a bit too white for me.

that's excatly how will they do.
thanks for a good kek

Yes. Let's post actors we'd like to fill the roles.

For me, Michael B Jordan is the perfect Aragorn.

>Aragorn is a transexual black woman
>Frodo is a non-binary polykin
>Sauron is a cishet straight white male and wants to build a wall around mordor

no

I hope that never happens.....
I could only imagine all the diversity quotas being filled

>directed by Christopher Nolan
>epic battle scene
>wth am I looking at

Memes aside, how long do we have until they try it?

We failed Star Wars

The least we can do is defend Lord of the Rings

Laverne Cox as Gandalf.

amy schumer as arwen

The Orcs are sympathetic characters. Embrace the complexity of life.

>>the return of the king: part 3: part 2 2027
W-what's wrong? Is it recursive?

>starwars

Asinine popculture trash anyway

Tolkien is high esoteric literature

Leslie Jones as Frodo

whatever, it will stand as a testament to how these people ruin everything they touch. it's not like the originals are going anywhere

>funny quips every 4 seconds
>sam and frodo now gay
no

NO

I thought we are still in cool down time of Hobbits trilogy

I know you faggots are memeing but im triggered as fuck

LotR is universally loved and was only made about a decade ago. Even then, it still looks good today. I can't imagine any serious reboot attempts getting off the ground for at least another 10-15 years.

literally 5 years

What about the spin-offs? It's 2017, every movie should be part of a cinematic universe.

Gimli is now a spunky she-fem dwarf with a shaved undercut.

and tattoos

>a modern remake

You will not take this away from me
I will blow up the damn studio

Of course. The were no homos, transfags, niggers, gooks, beaners and autist in this triology. Come on it's 2017! Also only white cis males had the rings! And every kang was white too. And the ending needs to be changed so the orcs, dwarf, elbs and human live together in a multiculturell society. Maybe they could make some new races so it will be even more colourful and tolerant

Meant
And I totally forgot about funny 'woman'

>You must fulfill your destiny and take your rightful place as king, Aragorn.
>Aw hell nah ... Sheeeeeit.

It's too soon

Same With harry potter

It WILL happen, but not in this decade or the next.

Maybe in the 2030s, but you know, at lot can happen in a decade.

>So you be sayin
>HOL UP
>YOU BE SAYIN
>I WUZ NUMENRIAN EN SHIEET?

IT. WILL. NEVER. HAPPEN. IF. IT. DOES. THERE. WILL. BE. BLOOD.

>Lembas bread?! Sheeit, where the chitlins at, Samantha? I can't wait to throw this little nigga into Mount Trump. I gots be getting back to dah Shire. Find me a good man. Nah-um sayin?

Well, they won't have an excuse for not adapting the entire books, including the appendixes, the prologues, the notes, and some flashbacks to Akallabeth and the Quenta Silmarillion.

Shut up, I am having an aneurism

Dont forget the spin offs

>Fellowship of the ring: The rings story 2019
>The two towers: The 3rd tower 2022
>The Return of the King: The Return of the Queen 2025

>Rights are bought by Disney
>screen goes black
>"Coming in Summer 2018...the story of the unlikeliest hero...:
>*record scratch*
>*funky music plays*
>Yeps, that's me. Just your average princess who kicks butt."
>Summer 2018, meet the daughter of Aragorn and her sidekick dog!
>This girl can do anything she sets her mind to!
>Watch her team up with Orcs to fight against The Empire of (white) Men!
>Summer 2018!

WE

WUZ

LOTR modern remake:
> Aragorn is black, making his relationship with Arwen interracial
> all orcs and goblins are given white pigmentation
> Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin are openly gay
> Minas Tirith reimagined as a multi-ethnic melting pot Wonderland
> 10 unnecessary female characters added to the fellowship, Eowyn's role in the story dramatically increased tenfold. Return of the King renamed to "I AM NO MAN"
> add in a bunch of terrible fight scenes that didn't exist in the original, put one katana wielding Asian in the mix
> tons of unnecessary sexual innuendo between members of the fellowship, gay and straight

This shit will be made in our lifetime.

RANGZ

One of the few movies that could work as a TV show.

>West Wing like politics 'n shit in Minas Tirith, also dealing with Rohan and other areas
>Dwaren buddy cops solving crimes under the mountain, with some Dwarven politics mixed in
>light-hearted comedy/drama with Hobbits, one of which is actually a wizard but doesn't want people to know because he likes the cozy Hobbit life too much
>life as a soldier in Osgiliath or whatever, fighting Orcs and other crap while having to deal with moronic decisions (like Generation Kill)
>two lesbian Elves, because lesbians and elves make everything better

Arwen is mixed race, jewish/turk

Theoden is a proud ethnic queen. She wears a hijab.

>Man vs Wild
>I am Halbarad Dunadan, ex-Ranger
>Now I am gonna show you what it takes to get out alive from some of the most dangerous places in Middle Earth
>I got to make it through a series of challenges, in the sort of places you wouldnt last a day without the right survival skills
>Now I am in the dense forest of Fangorn
>Tackling the oldest and most unfriendly flora on the world

Boromir is played by thugzilla

Not before at least 15 years. They have to wait for the generation who grew up like me (26 now) to be old enough to have children of my own, so they can tap into my nostalgia and bring my wife's son to see it too.

That said, I honestly doubt they'll ever remake it. It's too iconic to be remade, it would feel like a cheap knock off, no matter what (for example, how the fuck would you do the "You shall not pass" scene when the original is already perfect and remembered even today?).
If anything expect some extended universe bullshit like Fantastic Animals in the next ten years; what i fear the most is a butchering of the Silmarillion, but that's the only available option without resorting to obscure tales (and most normies already don't know what the Silmarillion is) or just straight up inventing shit.

This is basically a Discworld show

would watch/10

>> Aragorn is black, making his relationship with Arwen interracial
but it was already interracial

Not to be racist but i just can't see lord of the rings with minorities.

I just hope someone will do a fucking berserk movie already.

its a modern trilogy

if they made it now it'd be 9 movies.

>If anything expect some extended universe bullshit like Fantastic Animals in the next ten years; what i fear the most is a butchering of the Silmarillion, but that's the only available option without resorting to obscure tales (and most normies already don't know what the Silmarillion is) or just straight up inventing shit.
This.

>How did Gandalf get to middle earth?
>What's Saurons backstory?
>The Hatefull 9 Rings

>Not to be racist but i just can't see lord of the rings with minorities.

You sound racist.

They won't, they'll only do a few spin-offs or something. Right guys?

Unfortunately the timing window for an actually good fantasy movie has passed.

If they reboot it on 2030s white people will be a minority so it will be ok

Are you ready for a black Aragon or even worse the elves being black

it's buffling how so many fucking fantasy movies came out in the early 2000s and nothing came even close to Lotr in terms of quality. Not counting Harry Potter, the closest thing we got was Narnia and they felt like B series Lotr.

yo aaron are you there? whats your opinion about it?

Nothing was made with the care and devotion that LotR was. In so many ways LotR was a throwback to old Hollywood epics. They had two years of pre production and the project and creative control was in the hands of someone who was an expert in the source material. That kind of prep and understanding from a major studio is unheard of now. All those other fantasy movies around the time were hurriedly green-lit off the back of LotR's success. Watching the WETA documentaries back, the scope of the movies was astonishing. We'll probably never see that kind of commitment to physical movie making ever again.

We need new LOTR movies to reflect the new America.

I love all the documentaries and behind-the-scenes for those movie, some of the most impressive film-making I've seen.

Curious about how everyone feels about whether or not a silmarillion movie will happen though:

strawpoll.me/12653984

Only if they keep the Galadriel's riverdance in it

>WETA is devoted to CGI now too

>Curious about how everyone feels about whether or not a silmarillion movie will happen though:
It won't, unlike the Hobbit and LOTR a license was never sold for film, and Tolkien's grandchildren are all extremely protective of their estate and will refuse to sell anything they have control over.

seriously though, this was ALREADY happening in the hobbit. already, geez. there are plenty of other story-driven and adaptation complaints i have, but at least having it on in the background, i feel like i'm experience middle earth at least. but in the desolation of smaug, nevermind the fact that the world of men is obviously some kind of annoying mongolian garb, but there is a freaking MOARI extra in the background. there's also a black woman, but part of me went, 'ohhhh, neato, there's a southron woman who made it all the way north, maybe she was fleeing evil, etc'. at least it put me in middle earth. but honestly - a MOARI tribesman in the background? stupid. just stupid. totally suspends belief, totally takes me out of the film/story/middle earth. stupid. its similar to tim burton when he commented about why there weren't more minorities in school for peculiar children. um, they're not in the source material, and it doesn't make sense to the actual universe they were recreating. that really triggered some snowflakes since burton is there wonderman, but sometimes the truth is just painful if you're a snowflake. all that aside though, i'm mentally prepared for lotrmageddon when that day of wolfkinpolyjuicetranscopter nonsense overflows the canon. who cares, we've got the films that are good already. can't take those away.

Great thread, by the way

I'm watching the series for the first time in a long time and god the cgi has aged badly. a lot of it was pretty cheesy and video game-like when it released, but damn... still a pretty great trilogy though.

These are the most accurate posts

I'm not liking this new meme

The behind the scenes documentary is better than 80% of the shit thats released today. I've never seen a more comfier bts documentary

No. The Tolkien estate have vowed to protect it forever. Thank god.

Me as well. Even these jokes are making me feel uneasy.

>We'll probably never see that kind of commitment to physical movie making in a major Hollywood blockbuster ever again.

fix't

When last of the Tolkien family will die

>underestimating the jew gold

So much this.
It is unlikely that another fantasy movie will come about that is as iconic and grandiose as LOTR

Christopher is getting real old man, who knows what happens when he goes.

I hope I'm dead before the lotr series gets raped

What's the difference? Larger movies are a bigger commitment so qualifying with "major blockbuster" is kind of redundant.

>I hope I'm dead before the lotr series gets raped

Setting lifegoals

>jackshit reboots LOTR
>CGI looks worse than the original

>jackshit

I remember the days when I was crying out for a Silmarillion film/series.

Now I pray it never ever happens

I thought it was Hackson

>radicalcentrist.jpg

Don't even Joke OP

They could never make silmarillion because its not accessible to the wider audience.

Lotr was about good vs evil, wtf is children of hurin about other than life is a shit

I rewatched it last week. I think those are actually my favorite movies? Everything was so well executed. So much attention to each scene, character progression, pure loveliness of storytelling and aesthetics. And all three movies are that good, there was nothing amiss. We'll never see another trilogy as good as this one possibly in this century. I just can't see it happening any time soon with the way things are going in Hollywood and with how our society is atm.

Timelessness of LOTR is the best thing about it, also its perfect timing to avoid any SJW nonsense, any sort of bias, period-influence of be restricted in any way. Just pure great moviemaking and storytelling.

Sauron, not Saruman the White?

He would be the white power analog with the all flowing white robes and add a pointy white hat

Read the books and you'll see how much the films got wrong and that you're only blinded by nostalgia.