PLEASE HELP

PLEASE HELP
what is this pipe, what does it do, why was it shooting out water when i came home? i turned it off, but is that going to cause the house to flood? idk what im doing please

Attached: 20191011_165729.jpg (756x1008, 334K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DWeHsR56-lk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump, please help

Probably a water main shut off valve. It burst open and you have to get someone to replace it.

That’s your alternator pump. It brings the water into your home. If you don’t get that fixed you will be as dry as your sex kids.

I turned it off but my water still runs, is that still what it is? BTW it froze in my area last night and my dad (who is out of town) apparently left the sprinkler on so...

Water pipe

This andGo get a fucking plumber, a handy man is usually cheaper they just can only do smaller jobs. Don’t diy this you nigger. But if you do, shove your asshole on the proceeding jet if water so it macerated your inards

To continue what I was saying... Your house probably now has no water going into it since you shut it off. What I would do is shut off your water heater (and make sure it's fucking off, don't let your house full with natural gas if it's one of those kind.) Then if you feel comfortable, replace the part that burst open. If not, hire a plumber.

but my water is still running even when i shut it off so it doesnt spew water out the top
i just need to know if shutting this off is going to cause something to flood in my house

BUMP, MY WATER IS STILL RUNNING EVEN WITH IT SHUT OFF, SO IS IT STILL A MAIN VALVE? I DONT FUCKING KNOW ANYTHING

Dude.. Just look around the house at all of the water fixtures and see if shit is leaking. Keep checking them periodically. That line may also be for the sprinklers.

google febco 765-1
it's an anti-siphon valve, to keep outside water from getting into the main water supply.

keep the white handle valve in the 90* position, just like it is in the picture.

Watch this video:

youtube.com/watch?v=DWeHsR56-lk

do what he does. or call a plumber / landscaper. it's not a big deal.

Now, in return, please post a couple of OC shots of a naked girl. Your girl, your sister or cousin or auntie or mom. Or you best friends girl. I don't care. It's all good.

I'ts a pressure vacuum breaker. Shut off the other valve It needs to be service by a plumber. Kiss your pay check goodbye.

But my water is still running but my water is still running but my water will something flood willit flloodd OMG is it flooding

A) you have pressure in the tank and pipes
B) do you SEE anything flooding R tard?

Do nothing and put a cardboard box over it you absolute moron.

The water is from the water tank ass hat.. just christ.

You can still have water in the pipes you dumby. Leave your sink running for 10 minutes and see if it stops.

it froze in my area and my dad left the sprinkler system on without me realizing so is it that?

You deserve to have your requests met but they won’t because the world is full of niggers and half niggers

>But I can't weigh my sister accurately with a ponytail by submerging her in water

Fuck yourself will you?

Yee

It's for your sprinkler system boss. Everything will remain normal with your house. Call a landscaper / irrigation company and tell them your vacuum breaker is leaking. They will fix it. Not a big deal at all. I'm an irrigation tech do this all day long lol

Listen to this guy. Every other poster is 12 and/or retarded

You have in ground sprinklers? I bet it's for them.

BUT MY GRANDPA LEFT THE SPRINKLERS ON AHHHHHH

Yes we do. If its that, then leaving it off should be fine?
If it is this and not the sprinkler system, then I still should be fine to leave it off?

holy shit can you read, idiot?

So that's the sprinkler line? Does it normally freeze in your area? If it does, I'd imagine there is another shutoff valve inside that should be shutoff, and the lines outside should be blown out with air to remove water, so nothing can freeze and damage the pipes.

I think it is the sprinkler system. Colorado got extremely cold over the last 2 days but thawed out a bit today. So it is safe to leave it turned off like that?

I say I think but I really have no fucking idea.

Yes, it's just the water to the sprinkler system. Looks like the valve froze and popped out the guts. It's really not a big deal. It will not affect the rest of the water system in the house.

Leaving the white handle valve at 90* is sufficient, but if there's a valve in this line inside the house you should turn that off too until the valve is repaired.

Now. OC naked pics, please.

Dude, if it was a main supply, your water would have lost pressure after turning it off.

As others have said, it's most likely feeding the sprinkler system. You're supposed to purge any outdoor pipes above the frost line or the water in the pipes will expand as it freezes and burst the pipes.

Turning a valve OFF will not bring water anywhere else, and will NOT flood your house.

Attached: concealed_carry.gif (319x338, 479K)

It's the sprinkler system main valve, if you left water in and it's pvc it very likely craked by ice.

The anti-siphon valve is part of the sprinkler system.

It's there so that sprinkler heads that are lower than the valve don't continue to pull water from the system, and to stop sprinkler heads that are higher than the valve from supplying water back into the system.

What the other guy said. OC naked pics.

I know thats what Im supposed to do, but I didn't realize my dad left it on when he left, and I didn't expect it to freeze out of nowhere. also not underageb&, just a college student.
Thanks, but I really have no OC to offer. When I broke up with my ex i deleted the pictures to forget like a fucking idiot.

That’s a dick pipe.

Surprise!!
Ur now gay OP

Wouldn't expect you to know this shit. Most people don't until they own their own house.

Shutting off the valve is the only thing you can do until the line can be repaired. I don't know where this pipes go on the inside but there may be a shutoff in a basement or crawlspace as well.

Homeownership is a bitch, bro. Firsthand experience.

What happens if there is a pipe in the house and it isnt shut off

Do what user said. He's RIGHT.

Also, at least post foot pics OP.

This guy helped you, OP. Now do what he says and post those nudes!

I deleted my ex's pictures goddamnit. you want me to post disgusting man feet?

Bored? why not check this extremely hot active server, for the best lewdds of females and traps!

discord gg/T4HYhgU

You shut the valve. You are done. I dont really give a shit about your dads sprinklers

No Pics is not a viable option. I offered you a little insight based on years of homeownership experience. You should still look for an inside-the-house cutoff valve, but you're good for now.

Pics, buddy. Your GF, your ex, something that your buddy showed you. I'm getting old here, and only get so many chances like this. Please.

Pay up.

This is dog. dog like snow. is good?

Attached: 20191010_111141.jpg (756x1008, 173K)

Any water between the house exterior and the valve you already shut off could in theory create a leak. Honestly you've don't what you can. Anything outside can be fixed, and you don't have to worry about water IN the house, which is a much bigger problem.

If, when the pipes thaw, you hear water running through those outside pipes or they continue to leak, try to track down a valve inside your house that's feeding it.

Start inside your house on the other side of the wall from the pipes in your pic, you should be able to trace where those pipes come from and if there are any other ways to isolate it.

The temperature rose considerably today and it likely thawed out already. I don't hear any water from the basement, but it is difficult to access the area where the pipe would feed into the house

I second this user's post.

And as long as you are at least semi competent with hand tools you can replace one of these yourself. Due to the paint on the pipes I cant tell what they are made of. If they are pvc you cut it with a hacksaw far enough away from one of the joints to allow a new connector. You can then remove the entire assembly. You can reuse the shutoff valves unless they're damaged too. If it is copper (not as likely but covering it anyway) use a blowtorch and unsolder the connections to the elbow joints. you can then unscrew the fittings off the valve and put them on a new valve. Then resolder the joints in place.

Is that a shed?

Fucking third world shit..

If you're lucky there's no serious damage from the freeze, but you need to get your sprinkler system winterized before things seriously start getting cold. It's not too hard to do yourself, but you'll need to rent an air compressor. That said, since you're posting this on Sup Forums and obviously have no idea what you're doing, might be best to hire a professional.
If it's your parents house though, why aren't they doing it?

You can probably just replace the guts with a rebuild kit, no hacksaws or blowtorches required.

They went out of town, I dont think they expected it to freeze and I wasnt told the sprinkler system was still running.

And as long as therw is no chance of flooding the house, it can wait a few days until theyre home.

If they'll be back in a few days, don't worry about it. If there's a valve inside the house, close it to be safe, but it'll probably be fine.

No no, post YOUR feet OP.

That doesn't belong there, it's left over from construction. Hit it with a sledgehammer until it breaks off.

Yeah OP we filled your requests, now show us your feet.. For reasons.

Would it be by the water heater or in the crawlspace where it looks like some pipes lead? The crawlspace is quite inaccessible. The temperature goes back up to 60-70 tomorrow. It was 50ish today and close to 15 yesterday/this morning when Im guessing it froze

You should absolutely do this. It's just a tarnished and rusting eyesore.

Ukranian?

Close...Colorado.

No, not Kranian.

Probably in the crawlspace, but I don't know the layout of your house? What's behind that wall that the pipe goes into? That's where you need to go.
If you want to at least do the basics:
Open the outside valve again to allow the water to drain in the next step
Turn off the valve inside (should be very close to that pipe, but obviously on the other side of the wall)
Open the drain cap on the inside pipe to drain out the water between the two valves.

It is the back flow prevention device to your lawn sprinkler or swimming pool. Shut the thing off and don't worry about it, and quit Watering your lawn.

This man gets it

Next you'll say bathing every day is bad for you.

Attached: dbtoy45-c15b8ee9-84cc-408a-9c99-08c5aa7ad695.png (608x592, 339K)

Why would you say that? A new valve is less than $100 . An OEM rebuild kit is $28 on Amazon.

Fuck. He might get away with just screwing out the guts, cleaning off any accumulated grime, and screwing it back in. Adjustable wrench and a pair of pliers would do the trick.

Ask a girl at Home Depot to come out to your house and show you how to handle a your 1-inch Febco. See if you get slapped or asked out on a date.

Where's the OP OC pics?

It didn't get cold enough long enough to do much other than maybe fuck a valve. But you do need to blow out your sprinklers soon.

The pipe doesn't feed into the house, the house feeds the pipe. Find the interior shutoff valve, then open the outside one so it drains.
CO fag here, you need to have someone flush your system soon before we get actual cold weather.

Looks to me like it's one of those self-purging systems. Blows right out the top there at the Purge Vent.

Is something likely to go wrong if I dont do that in the next few days?

Only if it freezes. Then it will break more. If it's warmer, no problem. Also haven't seen those OC gf pics yet. Sister will be ok too.

I dont have oc of any sister, mom, aunt, cousin, neighbor, ex, anything

Post your damn feet OP ;(

This is an anti siphon valve for your sprinklers.
The tip valve is open but the bottom one is closed.

Water shut off is either in the garage or in a cement box in the sidewalk at the street

If I had to guess, I'd say it's an ancient backflow preventer for your sprinkler system, looks like it froze and blew up

You didnt winterize. Backflow froze. That's why you dont wait till fucking October. The top part is replaceable. It's a kit. If the pipes broke or the valves pro ably replace the whole thing. 500$ + if you hire a plumber. The backflow alone is 1-200$

You didnt drain the ports, that means there is water in the backflow. I can see they are closed in pic.

Just pay the 80-150$ & have a sprinkler co. do it right.

Winterization isnt a guarantee that it wont break, but if you dont winterize, 95% chance it will. At least in new England.

Also, if you shut the valve off outside & the 1 inside that leads to it, & water is still running out... then both valves leak. Rare, but can happen.

Just turning it off doesnt prevent freezing. You need to drain or blow out all the water with a compressor.

Fuck what they all said.

There is another valve that goes inside the house on the opposite side of the wall.
Find that fucker, follow it till you find a shut off valve ( that is only attached to that 1 pipe. & shut it off.

>>The backflow alone is 1-200$

LEL — anti-contamination systems aren't cheap are they?

OP should've taken better care of his house ...

pic unrelated

Attached: hardtied 13.jpg (1200x675, 611K)

Kinda shocked to find a real answer... indidnt check the link, I assume it's not gay sex.

Its absolutely your sprinkler. Fucking ask a neighbor. Do something.

Sounds like op is a kid & parents are out of town.

Also....being in irrigation for 15 years taught me that backflow dont really do shit. I mean sure, they do their job.

But just because 1 person got sick once from poisoning that seeped back through sprinkler heads, is no reason to make the whole frigging country buy these.

Plenty of older places out here dont have them. Never heard in my life of an actual poisoning.

It's not. Is the industry standard. They still make that model. I used to install them.

>>
>>Sounds like op is a kid & parents are out of town.

If that's the case, something happened to those pipes (where's the protective foam cover?)

If it's another Ferris Bueller's Day Off bullshit, OP is dead meat when mom & dad get home.

Nerve gas pipe, call UNESCO and get them to fund a repair on it from the money they make selling heroin to Afghanistani children

Nope. The shut off is in the house, in the basement most likely.

Foam cover??? Like 1 in 20 people use those. Usually old people.

If you winterize right, you dont need those

>ITT Sup Forums becomes a plumbing help forum

Air valve. Lets the air out of water pipes where it gets trapped inside. If it's constantly leaking it needs replacing.

Thank you for the kind words. The link is an actual "how to replace the core" video. I wouldn't rickroll Sup Forums . Figured that if I left enough easy hints, the OP would figure out that it was only a little problem and that he could fix it on his own.

Then the Sup Forumstards kicked in, as expected. The responses are true to form.

I hear ya.

Still waiting. If no OC, then show us some naked chick who most of us have never seen before. Stolen, snagged off an open ftp, something that you traded/purchased. Come on man. You got to have *something* to share in return.

It looks like the top bit could be screwed off and screwed back on, get some plumbers tape and a wrench and you should be 'right

Your pipes froze and burst. Find your water main and turn it off. The find the circuit breaker for your hot water heater and turn it off too if it's electric. Then call a plumber.