/xfl/ general - BASED MCMAHON edition

espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22213241/vince-mcmahon-gimmick-free-xfl-return-2020

>Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NJIjvOdhx9o
economist.com/news/united-states/21735638-unfortunately-will-be-hard-repeat-other-states-pennsylvanias-supreme-court
miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article47576450.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Rapids_Rampage
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Virginia team when?

Oh so based Vinny

>work from home
>xfl generals have made today extra comfy

Actual retard.

after our long estranged relationship with /spee/ we are coming back

were actually coming home bros
youtube.com/watch?v=NJIjvOdhx9o

With NFL ratings taking a hit, and the league getting a lot of heat over brain injuries, could XFL actually compete?

How will XFL address the brain injuries?

Trump tried this from 1983-1985 but he didn't succeed. Can Vince pull it off?

And are these 8 XFL teams some of the same teams as last time or are they brand new teams, also someone post them.

who you guys got in the rumble?

anyone thinking Bryan is actually back?

This shit isn't gonna last more than one season. I guarantee it. Cap this post.

>The GOP impeached Clinton
And you think the GOP will impeach Trump? You're hoping for a midterm miracle. The House is gerrymandered to hell and back. It never moves.
Getting back on topic, yes, 2020 is going to have the same political trouble as now, which means the XFL has a chance.

No idea who the teams are

>he honestly believes that people are going to be interested in a second attempt at a slapdash zero stakes football league
>he honestly believes that the XFL isn't destined to fail spectacularly when NFL ratings, and TV ratings in general, are way down already

i think in some previous threads people where narrowing down where the potential 8 teams might be located. If there is a decent list can some one post it.

XFL had some innovative ideas back when it first started.

It was just implemented like absolute shit and was gimmicky as hell because it tried to incorporate wrestling style storylines on the side

For now, it's just going to be an nfl-reject sports until they can establish themselves as a lucrative football alternative to athletes or just completely flop again

>implying the XFL isn't all done through streaming

No one is going to pay money to watch a stream of a literally who football. If they're gonna watch a stream, they're gonna watch a pirated one which dooms the XFL. There is no way the big wigs are going to make money from this no matter how they approach it.

The most obvious places to stick teams are San Diego, Oakland, and St. Louis

Atlanta Fury looks pretty badass. Need more dinosaur teams in general.

the same way they did in the wwf

>didn't succeed
That's because he has terrible business acumen and ran the league into the ground.

With him in another job at the moment, this has an actual shot.

Aesthetic as fuck

>tfw all the fatass boomers boycott the kneeFL and Bears tickets for dirt cheap

Vegas getting a team? Nice.

>he thinks success is totally defined by tv ratings and nothing else because he still thinks its 1998

what about places that have a strong football fanbase, but no real Pro teams. I think Alabama, Mississippi, and oregon might be some decent choices.

>And you think the GOP will impeach Trump?
Obviously not, but the Dems are organizing and will take back both houses in November. Five minutes later it's all ogre, depending on when Mueller gets to the logical end.
>gerrymandered
ruled unconstitutional and will be fixed in enough states by then. Checkmate.

>XFL has a chance
For all our disagreements, yes, XFL has a chance, unless Trump takes a job there. Any Trump.

Those are the original xfl teams

>terrible business acumen
I wish I could be terrible at business and worth multiple billions.

those were the old teams, no guarantee any will still exist.

those were the 2001 teams

Alabama already has Bama and Auburn. They could beat the Browns.

>ruled unconstitutional and will be fixed in enough states by then. Checkmate.
You poor soul. Gerrymandering is never fixed. It's been going on for over 100 years.

>Houston Texans

I didn't know this unoriginal name was this old

You can, just inherit it from your dad.

Vince probably still owns the trademarks and everything else. It'll most likely be the same teams.

i didn't say everywhere.

but enough places.

economist.com/news/united-states/21735638-unfortunately-will-be-hard-repeat-other-states-pennsylvanias-supreme-court

>inherit a million
>have billions
Not sure how that works. Do millions naturally become billions over time?

It's older, the Dallas Texans were an original AFL team, then relocated and became the Kansas City Chiefs.

Same thing happened in FL a couple years ago. My own district got redrawn. Nothing changed.
This is a problem with both sides.

The real question is, will we know what a catch is in the XFL?

I could see places like Birmingham and Portland along with second rate east coast cities being able to support a team

he took out a "small loan" of a million dollars. he inherited everything over and above that. you know this to be true. Furthermore, every time he fails (which has been several times), he just uses the bankruptcy laws to erase his debt, then starts over with money hidden in offshore accounts. You know this to be true, also.

This "Trump is smart" meme won't seem to die, despite mountains of evidence to the contrary. "Trump is not dumb because I say he isn't," is not an argument.

And to keep this on-topic: Dude killed both the USFL and original MLS. He is a manchild with enablers all around him.

Orlando and San Antonio both need a team.

Here's a link. This was in 2015, the results didn't change.
miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article47576450.html

Back on topic, how many seasons do you think this will last?

Bama is not going to support an XFL team. The only chance the XFL has at success is to poach the best high school players from the NCAA.

>he just uses the bankruptcy laws to erase his debt
Yeah, because that's how it works. Declare bankruptcy, all debts immediately and fully forgiven, refill bank accounts from """offshore""" accounts and laugh in your creditors faces.
How's high school going?

CAN NEW JERSEY FINALLY GET A FUCKING TEAM, AND NOT AVE IT ASSOCIATED WITH NEW YORK. IM SO FUCKING SICK AND TIRED OF NYC GETTING LIKE TWO TEAMS AND NEW JERSEY GETS SHIT. PLUS THEY BUILD THEIR FUCKING STADIUMS IN OUR STATE.

So will XFL threads ever stop being barely concealed T_d crossposting?

But are they XTREME enough?

>he just uses the bankruptcy laws to erase his debt
So what you're saying is that Trump is too smart and shouldn't use the law to make money?

It will be New York-New Jersey again. Just be grateful they recognise your subservient existence rather than forget entirely you exist.

well fuck I better start learning asp memes
>work, smark, shoot, ding dong diddly, theres a few others
just in case these start getting used in xfl
oh put over. thats another one.

That pulse shooter in Orlando was

>barely concealed T_d crossposting
When people stop mentioning Trump when this is McMahon's show. Should I watch some old XFL games to get a feel for it?

>t. New Jersey Dumpsterfires

Fuck that. Put a team in either Newark or Brooklyn and then expand to the other once there's enough money. That way you can double dip the market and say you have the only pro football team in New York City

I don't think it's XTREME if you're dead afterwards.

>Orlando Shooters
I'd get behind that.

Is Vince going to own all the teams? Publicly owned teams when?

There are more "FUCK NIGGERS FUCK KNEELERS OUR GUY VINCE" posters than anyone of the opposite.

And watch the 30 for 30 or wrestling with wregrets video on it. The quality of play is really really poor and I can't imagine a game holding interest for it's duration.

Vince might decide that after the league has established itself he will sell the teams off but it will have died before then anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Bring back head hunting and bounties and it will succeed.

This has made me ding-dong diddly cry, we're back in business in Sup Forums boys!!!! Will Manchester United go over Tottenham, how many finishers will City take before Chokeslamming their way to the title? It's good to be back, shedding a tear right now boys!!

the entire state is a suburb of New York City. be thankful you have the Devils

I wouldn't be surprised to see the opposite where some fundamental rules at changed to make it safer/less hard hitting (smaller pads and wrap around tackles only for example). It would be an interesting USP and could attract s lot of injury worried players.

you have the devils though and they are good this year

>two major shootings ago

Already forgotten

>the entire state is a suburb of New York City
which is why I'm a fan of the Connecticut Antiquers.

New York
Chicago
Orlando
St Louis

L.A.
Bay Area
Phoenix
San Antonio

yeah and we used to have the nets but they moved to brooklyn. The giants and jets stadium is in NJ. The new York red bulls also have their stadium in NJ. Like seriously, why the fuck does nyc get two mls teams, yet build one of the teams stadium in NJ

>Seattle gets expansion team
>immediately gets accused of bandwagoning

Because it's fucking New York. They can do what they want with their suburb

>seattle
>being able to support a team
lol, you're lucky you still have the xehawks you faggot

Hopefully soon...come on XFL!

>t.NYCfag

Nah I fucking hate New York but I'm realistic about it's place in culture.

/wwe/ was a mistake tbqh

>la AND bay area

don't do cocaine

It's almost like cali is big

>T_d
Literally never mentioned on Sup Forums until XFL threads today where all these assblasted pinkos suddenly showed up out of nowhere

HMMMMMMMM MMMMM M

wtf like two-thirds of these teams are either fake, from other leagues, or using stolen/recolored logos

First team confirmed; Grand Rapids Rampage.

Fake. The Rampage were an arena team.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Rapids_Rampage

It's legit

It's always leafs, pajeets or eurocucks defending Trump. Sad!

"Not 'fake' it is a page to support the idea of bringing the XFL to Grand Rapids, the more popularly this idea has, the more likely it is to happen. Nobody ever said this was official. Thanks!"

so, glorified fake

>Las Vegas Outlaws
>Star of David
What did he mean by this?

Swap LA with SD

San Diego, Oakland, St. Louis, Orlando, San Antonio are must-haves for the start of this league due to the circumstances with those specific markets

>San Diego: stadium ready, fanbase hates the NFL currently
>Oakland: stadium ready, fanbase will hate the NFL in 2020
>St. Louis: stadium ready, fanbase hates the NFL currently
>Orlando: stadium ready, no other football team in town
>San Antonio: stadium ready, no other football team in town

You can add a LA team later, you will saturate the product from the start with 3 California teams. For the final 3 spots I would do

>New York
>Chicago
>Washington DC in RFK Stadium

with that said I like these names
>St. Louis Archers [that monument they have]
>Oakland Oaks [green helmets and brown jerseys, heh]
>Oakland Outlaws [black and silver]
>San Antonio Colts or something clever to do with Alamo
>DC Eagles [all white uniform with a few red and blue stripes pic related]

>brew city finally has a team
>theyll probably win a chip sooner than the lions

>I've been exposed as talking out of my ass about a subject I don't know anything about. I better think of a solid argument to redeem myself from this embarrassing situation.
>DURRR YER FOREIGN!
Pointing out that you don't know how bankruptcy works isn't "defending Trump." I'm just calling you a dribbling retard.

San Diego and Oakland can be serviced by an la and bay area team. The market size matters more.

Phoenix would get one before Washington. It's growing fast as shit and specifically growing with old white dudes with enough money and free time for season tickets.

Why are you discussing politics on a sports board

>Why are you discussing politics on a sports board
Welcome to 4chins, nigger.

How do you end up clicking from t_d to here? You're looking for

Have a great time over there Melissa

OPEN WIDE FOR SOME FOOTBALL

>flag
lmfao imagine letting another country's leader live in your head rent free like this