Why does everybody hate on Slipknot? They actually make great music

Why does everybody hate on Slipknot? They actually make great music.

Attached: slipknot_2019_2000-920x584.jpg (920x584, 75K)

I've been a fan of Slipknot since about 2008, people just love to hate.
They're a talented fucking band.

Shittier 2000s version of KISS.....and KISS was shitty to begin with

I like em

>kiss

what a retard,somebody should slap you for comparing kiss to slipknot

also,they'd be alot better if they wernt some shitty middle schooler who thinks hanging out at malls is a good past time band

There’s 0 chance this isn’t a troll because the two are so fucking different they aren’t even the same genre, so many things wrong with this comparison

Orphan off their new album is a fucking banger. Sounds like Reign in Blood by slayer. They’re hated because they’re seen as an edgy emo teenager band, they’re really talented and have some great tracks in their discography

he's probably some boomer retard who only compares them to kiss because of their masks

slipknot is music for men with testosterone.kiss is for men who think wearing makeup is acceptable for society

The music is different, I grant you. But they are both shity bands who wear masks in order to increase their stage present / publicity. It's the same crappy act just redesigned for a different generation

jesus christ,ive had a couple double shots of alcohol today and this is way to much for me.fucking zoomers dont know shit about music today.first they compare slipknot to some faggy band called kiss,now there using words like "banger" and comparing slipknot music to slayer.get some god damn testosterone and quit the soy milk

actually they arent the same act,but whatever,your probably some stupid boomer for bringing up the band kiss to begin with

Gen X...but close

>gen x

hey fucktard,thats a boomer.nobody calls them gen x anymore,its millennials now

Imagine being an old boomer and talking shit about “zoomers” using words they’ve made popular in order to feel like anyone is even slightly impressed or gives a shit what they think on Sup Forums... of course you like Slipknot. You’re a fucking loser, and you’re the reason Slipknot fans are hated

I DRINK DOUBLE SHOTS AND CURSE IM SUCH A BADASS IM JUST SEEEEETHING WITH TESTOSTERONE I COULD PUNCH A BRICK IN HALF AND FUCK YOUR WIFE, GET BACK TO YOUR SOY MILK AND TRAP THREADS LITTLE BITCH BOYS OBVIOUSLY I AM THE KING OF Sup Forums

i really dont care either way,people over the age of 20 like myself have stopped arguing about music because they've grown up and became mature adults and dont care anymore.meanwhile,you immature retards continue to walk around the mall with your friends all night thinking this is an important thing to argue about

I would fuck your face until you cry, bitch boy

You can't be serious
Not after Corey went on TV to cry
Also new slipknot is steaming dog shit
They're becoming stone sour 2.0 and it's fucking terrible
Not sure if it's just the direction or what but they're bad without Joey, they still sound good playing their old stuff but I don't know if Joey had an influence or if this is just the direction the band is going in now and it was unavoidable
Inb4 trolling, still bought front row tickets to their last concert here

Attached: VideoCapture_20191011-194017.jpg (3840x2160, 551K)

Gen x and millennials aren't the same thing.

A highly overrated, oversized NU METAL (not death metal or anything, you dumb assholes) band consisting of 9 douchebags who wear masks and jumpsuits as part of their gimmick, which they copied from Gwar.

Although not the worst band in the world, and one of the better nu metal bands out there, they definitely aren't worthy of being called "the best band" in any other context other than having to do with nu metal. They can't even hold a candle to real metal bands such as OLD-SCHOOL Metallica or Iron Maiden.

They have 9 members in the band, which is far too many. They have this many as part of the marketing gimmick. Proof of this is in the fact that you can't even hear half the members most of the time. The members evaluations are as follows:

im confused,are you trying to make fun of the fact that i brought up the double shot thing? maybe your insecure and drink because it makes you feel manly.well,i dont know.was just bringing up the fact that im probably drunk as fuck right now and have been pretty much every night this week

regardless,its more entertaining posting in Sup Forums while your drunk then posting on Sup Forums sober

Ok...well, 1981 is considered either millennial or gen x, depending....so you're still wrong. About this, and about that shitty band.

>the music is different
Well when we talk about bands, that's kind of the point

Vocals: Not too bad honestly. Can sing a lot better than other nu metal singers like that fag from Korn, Johnathan Davis. Lyrics aren't too bad either but can suck, like the ones that one guy posted. Those are some seriously lame lyrics ("Now take a real good look at/What you've fucking done to me").
Guitar #1: Sucks. Typical, boring nu metal riffs. But still better than those in Disturbed, etc. No solos either.
Guitar #2: See above.
Bass: So hard to hear and so hard to like.... Sucks.
Drums (regular set): The best member along with the singer. Not too bad really but there are better. He at least does fills and SOME double bass. DEFINITELY not the fastest double basser either (listen to Dying Fetus, Kataklysm or Deicide for some REAL fast double bass). I hate him the least.
Drums (tom kit): What exactly is the point of this when all he does is play the same notes on the toms as the regular drummer does? Fuck off!
Drums (trashcan): Can this guy not afford a real drum set? Can he not play one? Apparently not. This guy is equally as ponitless as the tom drummer. You can actually hear his drumming but he only plays like 4 notes per song. The rest of the time he just stands there like a dumbass.
Sampler: What the fuck does he do as well? You hear NOTHING from this asshole! Even if you could he would suck. Die!
DJ (Scratches): Don't make me laugh.

whatever,i remember that faggot talking about donald trump.like he seems to think being political is suppose to bring attention to his dieing music genre thats half as popular as pop music and rap

1. Don’t even go to the mall
2. Over the age of 30, still get more pussy and have a better body than you
3. Arguing with faggots such as yourself online isn’t a past time I enjoy often
4. Slipknot has and always will be seen as an edgy emo teen boy band. This will never change.
5. Massive projection and seemingly pissed about the fact teens exist and walk around malls. Your time must be so much more valuable and fulfilling than theirs

Checkmate, Faggot. Pic related. You arguing about Slipknot on Sup Forums on a Friday night

Attached: 4D7BE5B7-13C2-4A95-90A8-178A8AF9A6F4.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

I prefer rock over hip hop anyday. Now Slipknot is an okay band. They aren't bad, but they aren't great. Just your typical radio band with a little more edge than most mainstream bands.

There is no wrong or right opinion about music. It's all about personal preference. I hope rock makes a comeback someday. Hip hop has been the most popular genre of music since the mid 90s and it's not my cup of tea.

A couple double shots? Slow down there, kiddo.

So if 2 out of 9 members are decent, how good could the band overall be?

Oh, but wait! The material! More or less up to one's opinion but generally revolves around, "I'm a victim. I'm very angry and/or hurt. I hate you. Feel sorry for me." Nothing complex in the arrangements and maybe some creativity.

Fans of Slipknots label themselves as "maggots", a very fitting term. These "maggots" usually think they're badass rebels by listening to this band which offends their rich, uptight parents and are amongst the typical mallcore scene. I would never label myself a "maggot" if I were a fan of any band but these guys seem to be proud of it.

Despite what many say, Slipknot is featured to a limited degree on mainstream metal, mostly material from their latest release, which is much safer than their older stuff.

Overall, not the worst band, especially in nu metal, but very overrated. You know it can't be THAT good when kids wearing baggy cargo pants with a million pockets, hooded sweat jackets covered in grease stains, studded wristbands and wallet chains listen to it. But easily better than the likes of Korn.

They have nine members in the band to cover up their mediocrity, because loud must equal good right

whatever,i really dont care.people born from 1981 to today should be old enough to have real issues in their life and not care so much about music anymore.but i guess age doesnt mean much if your immature like you are

COURT ADJOURNED, /THREAD
BRING OUT THE DANCING LOBSTERS

>over the age of 30

>even though he's arguing about music like some edgy teenager

whatever kid,i bet your mom is done with the chicken tendies.better run along and leave the discussion for the adults now

Doing your mom
Do-do-do-do doing your mom

>I don’t care
Then why did you ever reply?

also,you care more about this slipknot argument then i do

Ok bucko, try not to drown in your crippling depression and bottom of your bottle. Cory Taylor would be so sad.

i dont know,because like every other night this week.im drunk and arguing on Sup Forums to past the time

Big booty bitches could never fuck with someone who does DOUBLE SHOTS and listens to slipknot, ol’ buddy ol’ pal

could care less what that liberal retard thinks.he can have fun bringing attention to himself bringing up donald trump because nobody listens to his shit music anymore

I just like the self title and Iowa not a big fan of anything else.

Dude, if people my age still have real issues then they have failed. At 39 years old I have had plenty of time to try to work out and negotiate through my issues. At this point they aren't issues, they are character traits

You know how you can clean the rust off a penny leaving it in a glass of liquor overnight? That’s what’s happening to your organs right now. Keep it up and you’ll start shitting blood and your eyes turn yellow

are you implying i listen to slipknot? because i do not

TLDR
see

You’re definitely drunk as Donald trump doesn’t have shit to do with this thread nor does politics... Jesus Christ I would hate to be you. You’re turning brain dead and can barely type from all your double shots

>39 years old

what a fucking loser,your 39 years old and still posting on Sup Forums.hopefully at 39 years old im mature enough and have enough of a life to not be wasting my time on a website with people half my age anymore

Slow down on the DOUBLE SHOTS and you’ll understand...... UNLESS YOURE A BLEEDING HEART LIBERAL RETARD HURR DURRRRRR

whatever,your probably one of those fags like donald trump who thinks there's better then everybody else because they dont drink

sorry to tell you this but bleeding heart liberals dont drink alcohol.they'd rather ban it because "hurr durr,people get drunk and do bad stuff so lets ban the alcohol"

Dude you’re so fucking brain dead shut the fuck up about trump, no one is talking or thinking about politics but you. You’re like the crazy old fart who’s drunk as shit outside of a gas station only you’re on the internet.

Likewise, but Slipknit is my favorite band in all honesty though. People just hate because they can do melodic really well. And most if the haters only listen to shit bands like cannibal human or whatever gay shit they like.

Attached: 1570758333872.jpg (1000x750, 108K)

Or you'll be like me and have a job where you get paid to do nothing, and this is a way to while away the time so that you're not constantly bored for 12 hours looking at the clock. And if age is the only thing you can focus on to try to insult people and make yourself feel better, you're not very creative are you?

People love being edgy hipster faggots who mistake success for "selling out" when ever an artist gains any popularity.

WE ARE (k)NOT YOUR KIND!
WE ARE (k)NOT YOUR KIND!
WE ARE (k)NOT YOUR KIND!

Attached: 0DDE2BE5-5FF5-4645-BB6D-EF33A57A7DD1.jpg (642x361, 40K)