What’s a rare animal you’ve seen up close in real life?

What’s a rare animal you’ve seen up close in real life?

Attached: BDD2C0E8-502E-426A-AC0A-7812B4816FE2.jpg (1500x843, 145K)

A black man with a college degree

I petted a cheetah once.

I rode a unicorn once.

PROVE I DIDN'T.

Protip: You Can't

fpbp

samsquanch

A blue heron landed right in front of me when I was 4 or 5 years old. It was almost as tall as I was and it scared the shit out of me. My grandmother was watching from the cabin which is how I learned what bird it was.

Attached: 60314201-480px.jpg (480x360, 30K)

ur mom

Cacomixtli

Attached: 640px-Bassariscus_sumichrasti_geo.jpg (640x480, 126K)

I saw a possum and a badger.

i don't know if it was rare but one day there was this giant fucking bird on my fence. i went a few steps out and it was looking down at my cat. the bird technically looked just like my cat. he was gray with a white belly that had big gray dots on it. this bird was as big as a big house cat with the same gray dots. the cat wasn't scared of it, even though birds this big DO snatch small animals but the cat probably outweighed the bird. i was instantly scared, because this fucking bird was like two feet tall, standing on the fence and staring at us. (arizona, 20 miles from mountains) and the cat walked up to the fence, directly beneath the thing and stood up to reach up and dig into the fence like it was liking it. i bet the bird saw the cat laying on its side from a distance and thought it was one of his own kind, hurt or dead, and came down to inspect it.

A samsquamchus. Holy shit.

We're they fucking at least?

Clearwing hummingbird moth. Took me a while to figure out which end was the front, and took me years to figure out what the fuck that thing was

Attached: Hemaris_thysbe.jpg (480x360, 31K)

Golden Headed Langur. Saw a pair while kayaking in Vietnam in halong bay. Only 82 in the wild now.

Attached: Langur_band.jpg (139x253, 17K)

Wookalar.
It was about 5 foot 3, and was pretty big. Had a pig face, ugly as sin.

I love hummingbird moths and hawk moths in general.

I have these all spring/summer in my garden since I got flowers and a butterfly bush.

They look so weird and otherworldly
When I saw it I could swear it was like seeing an alien or something
Pretty creatures though

Attached: 69fd312d94fa8739cd23a826927d56da.jpg (896x746, 57K)

I thought it was a weird giant bee the first time I saw one years ago.

a black squirrel is the rarest thing I've ever seen

decens of birds species come to my window for some starnge reason.
They let me get pretty close (couple inches away)

Ive recorded some of the.
The last one was a huge road hawk