'anakin, chancellor palpatine is evil!'

> 'anakin, chancellor palpatine is evil!'
> ''from my point of view, the jedi are evil!''
> 'only a sith deals in absolutes. i will do what i must.'
> fight ensues

why? he had JUST said that someone was 'evil?' isn't that pretty 'absolute?'

He had the moral high ground

this

as long as you have the high ground, it doesn't matter if your position makes sense logically.

>do or do not, there is no try
Yoda sith spinoff when

I never understood why the Jedi were so fucking whiny over keeping balance to the force when they were trying to rid an entire half of it.

>We need to bring balance to the force, how do?
>destroy the dark side, then there will only be light.

That doesn't seem very balanced to me.

>"Only a sith deals in absolutes"
>Only
He's completely contradicting himself within that sentence. I hate this line so much.

george made the line deliberately contradictory and the jedi deliberately incompetent/borderline fraudulent. he was parodying the narcissism and idiocy of the baby boomer generation

jedi are right for the wrong reasons.
sith are right for the wrong reasons.

'no'

You don't understand the context. Obi and the jedi as a whole were ignorant and thought of themselves as high and mighty. They were hypocrits. The line is great.

that's not the dialogue you lying cunt. You forgot "If you are not with me, then you are my enemy". That is the dealing in absolutes. Fucking retarded lying cunt. Kill yourself.

really engages neuron activity within my cerebral processing unit

Jedi are hypocrites with a phony bullshit sad quasi-religion.

Mandalore was right to crusade against them.

Only the Sith deal in absolutes.

Who cares? Disney de-canonized this autistic shit, and not a moment too soon.

Can't wait for the prequel reboots, and we can put this terrible chapter behind us.

depending on who you ask the sith are not considered to be part of the balance. the dark 'side' is actually a corruption of force, like a sickness or cancer. so removing it is making things balanced.

i think the current canon supports this theory more than the stuff from the old EU days where the force was more nuanced with light, dark, and all sorts of shit in between but i am not sure.

In keeping with this, I hope they brought up midichlorians again as just something Qui Gon held on to religiously that isn't a real thing. Like, "Qui Gon was always so convinced midichlorian count was a real and tangible physical property, but he was misguided and ignorant"

Puts a lot more subtlety on the Jedi

He's saying only a sith would deal in absolutes when talking about ALL Jedi

(you)

with today's current landscape, episode 3 really was before it's time.

>I never understood why the Jedi were so fucking whiny over keeping balance to the force when they were trying to rid an entire half of it.

In the OT, the "dark side" wasn't just the flip side of the force. It was an actual corruption of the force. It's like how people often describe a sickness, blight, cancer, or some other ailment as a result of shit being out balance.

was this movie the harry potter of our generation?

Well, before Force Awakens Abrams basically said
>"The prequels are still canon but we'll just sweep some "dumb" things under the rug, so forget about the midichlorians"

More like the Fast and Furious

kkkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

this is one of my favorite movies of all time

fight me

>his is one of my favorite movies of all time
>whirlwindsaberwirefu me

sure thing