>Budget $100 Million
>Box office gross: $73 Million

So much for the Power Rangers franchise

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LZmS8mitjhs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>The franchise is depending on a shit adaptation
I hate hollywood

It will finish with 80M in box office and will get 20-22M from blu ray sales.

There will be a sequel regardless.

100 m is the production budget
There's at least another 50m in advertising fees not to mention companies only get a half of ticket sales

It would need to make 250m just to break even

Toy sales alone will justify a sequel.

>Make a shit film thats basically just a transformers clone
>It doesnt make money

Really makes you ponder

Do they get money from toys and Krispy Kreme doughnuts?

Hasn't it only been out for a week?

Not sure about that
BvS made 800m but because of ((hollywood accounting)) it just broke even

yes, Sup Forums is retarded though

I liked it. Would watch a sequel.

>it just broke even

That's bullshit though.

BvS was 250m production budget and 165m marketing budget. That's close to 50% more expensive than this Power Rangers film.

Most of its gross came from domestic sales not to mention it dropepd hard because of Boss Baby and Ghost in the Shell
It'll probably end up making 150m which will probably put the series on hold for a while

Justice League needs to make atleast 10 trillion dollars to even break even

I know it is but Hollywood accounting is a complicated thing
Alien was made on a budget of 10 million and grossed 100 million however lost the studio 2 million because of this shit

It made 50 million domestically in 1 week. This week it will probably drop to 30, etc. It's not going to make a huge amount of money.

we DChads dont care about jewwy box office numbers

More like 100m budget = 50/50 in production and advertising so they needed around 180-200 to break even.
The rest was sponsored by the donut shop

>It doesn't matter if the movie is a success or not

The film itself will make close to 100m, the toys and merch will another 100m, the BD sales will be close to 30m. It will do well enough to justify a sequel, there's been films that have made way less get trilogies.

>50 million in marketing

Really, that's it? Wouldn't it be around the same as the production budget?

>transformers clone
You haven't seen it

KRISPY
KREME

I bet they already got half of the budget simply through product placement

They need around twice their overall budget
>100 million production
>At very least 50 million marketing

So bare minimum they need to make 300 million to technically beak even

Yeah, if 2x100 was 300.

They should really stop releasing all these big budget films together. It was Kong, then Beauty and the Beast, then this, and then Ghost in the Shell. It's too much, why not have Power Rangers in January or February, when there was nothing else to watch.

>transformers clone
This movie is almost the exact inverse of a transformers movie though. The film is 90 min of teen drama and 20 min of Power Rangers suit/zord footage.

>Hahaha silly fans, this movie isn't for you
Instants later
>Shitshitshit go watch it please please!!

Dvd and blu ray sales exist. Try again child.

I hope its as good as the ghostbusters sequel

People don't go out as much in winter.

Those are supposed to bring in more profit, not a last resort to break even.

it has only been out for a week

100m budget and probably a 250-300m WW gross would easily see a sequel

It hasn't launch in mainland china, I imagine it will end up making about 150M in total.

This movie is very toyable, they could very well do about 20-70M in various the merch, toys, mobile games and dvd/bluray sales, plus whatever money they got from Krispy Kream.

It will be somewhat profitable, I estimate 30-50M in net benefits.

Enough to get a sequel

First week is always like 80% of total profit, if you think they're going to reach 250-300 you're out of your mind

China will save it again

cant wait for the green ranger tammy oliver being a asian girl

this. goddammit.

>Not Tranny Oliver
It's like you want to pander Sup Forums, you literal Hitler

>20-22M from blu ray sales.

Yeah, I doubt that. People are buying less and less physical media. They just want to stream. Don't be shocked that eventually movies that are released in theaters will never get a physical release.

Why did Jason eat so many Krispy Kremes?

>90 min of teen drama

jesus,why?

I just want to see the green ranger kick the shit out of them in the sequel

You know, I used to think "Adaptation" meant adapting something to the new times but keeping the core intact, turns out that's false after watching Gits, Deathnote's trailer and now this shit.

Even if it does break even does anyone really think they are going to try and make the 5+ sequels they were planning? Does anyone want to see that?

Because everyone involved was ashamed of working on a Power Rangers movie. The film breaks down as follows.

90 min of Chronicle lite.
5 min of morphed rangers fighting putties.
15 min of zords vs Goldar.

Even worse is the fact that after they morph they only actually keep the helmets in a non retracted state for that one 2 min putty fight.

what matters are toy sales.

not that it actually matters because super sentai is still a thing.

Toys and blu ray sales are half the battle when it comes to this sort of thing.

Just want another power rangers stream tbo.

>Because everyone involved was ashamed of working on a Power Rangers movie.

i lol'd.

>after they morph they only actually keep the helmets in a non retracted state for that one 2 min putty fight.

that was something i figured would happen based on what i saw in the trailers.

also what was the purpose of the suits? the way i understand it is they have super powers without the suits on. in the mmpr tv show they needed the suits to get the super powers.

also i didn't watch the movie because i thought it looked stupid based on trailers.

>no lightspeed rescue movie
fuck life

youtube.com/watch?v=LZmS8mitjhs
Dammit, now you've reminded me how much I want one.

I had both megazord sets, those vehicles fit into the trains like in the tv show

Power Rangers is a wonderful, entirely unintentional combination of silly 90's cool and awesome cheesy Japanese action and mecha. I don't get why people keep misunderstanding the appeal.

Not only would it be around the same as the production budget but often times it exceeds the production budget 2 fold.

I was genuinely surprised by this movie, wouldn't mind a sequel as long as they push the cheese a bit more
No reason they can't open with a battle and the original theme song like Avengers 2 did

They're still making them so it's a win/win.
Who gives a fuck about (((Rotten Tomatoes))) besides Marvelcucks?

How's the movie doing internationally? I'm assuming between that, Blu-ray / DVD sales, and toys it'll end up doing pretty well. Personally I'm hoping it at least gets a sequel. The first one was surprisingly good.

Pink Ranger is Abella Damger.

Even worse when a year like this has Fast and Furious own April, 3 Marvel movies, 2 DC movies, Transformers, Despicable Me, and a full Star Wars installment.

Under $20 million week 1. No China or Japan yet. WW box office may be able to squeeze out $125 million before Fast and Furious comes out.

It should do OK in Japan and China. Plus with the Krispy Kreme money I think it's very likely they'll do well enough for a sequel.

Hopefully between China, toys, and dvd stuff they'll make enough to justify a sequel. I'd really like to see one.

Same here desu. I wouldn't even care if they lowered the budget, I just really hope they make at least one more.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D