It was actually good

It was actually good

that was a surprise. Why are critics wrong? Is it because current year butthurt shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/W-P_TyIyElU?t=1m46s
rottentomatoes.com/m/ghost_in_the_shell_2017/
youtube.com/watch?v=3FvaQmBeCzc
youtu.be/z2mXrndt1ZI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

HOW DARE YOU LIKE THIS WHITE WASHED POS

its funny how weebs are butthurt about this for no reason. When you call them out on it in person they stammer and MUHHH ANIME. It is very sad, not to mention the movie addresses the fact she is not asian. Good movie, I hate people.

this was not a good movie.
bad direction, worse acting, no katanas

>finally after all these years, I am become The Ghost IN the SHell(tm)

jeez

also how come her suit looks cgi in this shot?

Should have been rated R and not just for the nipples

>also how come her suit looks cgi in this shot?
because it is!
she's lumpy in real life

youtu.be/W-P_TyIyElU?t=1m46s

42%

rottentomatoes.com/m/ghost_in_the_shell_2017/

fuck you it wasn't

youtube.com/watch?v=3FvaQmBeCzc

felt like a water downed robocop and bladerunner hybrid, which isn't bad. I could see this as a gate way for normies to get into the anime and movies

not even actual weebs are mad about this
anyone who has seen/read any part of the franchise would know major is a robot

repost. just came back from this. aramaki and batou were fucking great. scarjo as the major was good. the visuals were amazing in 3d. the dialogues were ok. the scenes from the original that made it in were faithful to it. only bad part about this movie was that they barely showed anything of section 9.

why does it have like 40% on RT? why is Sup Forums shitting on the best live action anime to date? this was more entertaining than the slow original.
inb4 muh deep

lol seriously?

it's because Sup Forums hates everything rebooted, remade, and sequels. they feel like they're redpilled but they're just being assholes

I bet it's just Bladerunner shills that gave this movie bad reviews.

This. Nobody who understood the premise of GitS actually cared that major was played by ScarJo.

Especially since they acknowledge Matoko's japanese human body heritage in her flashback

are shitty movies better when watched at home instead of the theater?

i wouldn't know, i don't watch shitty movies.

I don't know if you are implying this is a shit movie but it was great in theaters

>It was actually good
No. No it wasn't you Hollywood shill.

Yeah but the people who do understand the premise hate it for entirely different reasons

yes it was you fucking weeb, cry more

I get that Sup Forums has to be contrarian, but don't try and say this flick was good.

That guy who said Sup Forums would praise this once it went below 45% on RT was right.

>i haven't seen the movie yet
ok

>hurr durr
it's because it happened to drop that low before anyone even seen it. it certainly does not deserve all the hate it gets. it's a 7.5/10 movie.

yup
sjws upset at not giving role to asian
so they shit all over the movie

>people have different opinions than me what the fuck

This, I feel like people calling it total shit have never seen a movie that's actually bad. It's definitely a solid 7-8.

Guy who understood the premise of GitS here. I actually cared that The Major (who the fuck calls her major except stupid faggots who got introduced to GitS with this fucking movie) was played by ScarJo.

>Motoko Kusanagi
>military-grade cyborg super soldier known to be the best in tactical operations, leadership, small firearms, large arms, military material such as tanks and weaponry, and above all else hacking, who is second in command of a para-military super secret anti-terrorist government organization
>played by some womanlet who can't even fucking act whose arms tremble while trying to hold up a 1 pound prop of a pistol while walking down a hallway

having differing opinions doesn't excuse you from having shit taste

At least you are worried for the right reasons

that gun looks like a student project

The movie has nothing to do with Ghost in the Shell other than a shitty medical procedure. Instead it goes for a ham fisted shoe horned love story of two people while attempting to rip off the premise of Robocop.

Fuck outta here with that "haven't watched it" bullshit.

also throughout the movie she constantly walks with a retarded gait because for some useless reason the filmmakers decided that she is ''a cat'' or some shit

>robocop and bladerunner hybrid
Isn't that what GitS always was? At least from the Oshii movie onward

At first I wanted this movie to do well because I like GitS. Now I just want it to do well because I fucking hate sjws who pretend they care about representation and the original source without knowing The Major is in a fucking robot body that is even generic in appearance to boot. Now it seems it won't get anything on either side.

I have not watched the movie yet because I'm waiting for my father to arrive to the city and watch it with him, I really do hope it's at least decent.

>not everyone is a mindless anime drone like me wtf

eat shit and die

>It was actually good

There's no "Ghost" in the Shell
How this supposed to be good?

You are retarded or something?

>ham fisted shoe horned love story of two people
Except there was practically no romance in this movie???

once there is a bluray rip on the internet, Sup Forums will love this movie.

I would rather not

holy shit that score...

fuck everything

She wishes she were that thin

then stop typing retarded shit

you won't be disappointed

1/3 kino, 1/3 anime homage/ripoff, 1/3 utter hollywood shit

its like they took an original good script and said 'people are too stupid for anything existentialist in this movie, lets make sure we spell out exactly what the title means with horribly delivered on the nose dialogue'

every time the word 'ghost' or 'shell' was used i cringed to myself in the theater

also going from having no real single villain (like in the original movie) to generic white corporate bad guy is so typical of hollywood jew producers, its a shame

not to mention it copies scenes from the original GITS movie but the last shot implies the movie was a prequel?? wtf??

It was awful OP.
This was even worse than the Assassins Creed movie and that says a lot.

youtu.be/z2mXrndt1ZI

So MK and Kuze being critics of cyborg tech never happened?

The tank scene was meh, utter shit if you evern watched the tank scene in the original.

Also the CGI in some parts was civil war tier with Scarjo floating head.

>every time the word 'ghost' or 'shell' was used i cringed to myself in the theater

this. Really main thing wrong

Hey guise, remember that part in the source material where Motoko was a petulant child who ran away from home to join a couple of communial hippies in a bad part of town writing down and spreading anti-technology manifestos?

that part was always my favorite

it wasnt as bad as that are you insane?

That also bothered the fuck out of me, I almost wanted to look around to see if anyone else noticed. Why was she walking so fucking weird the whole time? Wide-legged and arms out like trying to appear bigger or some shit. Just normally walking alongside Batou in some none-mission scenario she had some weird fucking gait like she's a huge buff dude who can't put his arms down because of his insane GAINZ, but she's some tiny woman. Why the fuck did they think that was a good idea?

Like I care about rotten tomatoes.

Fuck the haters I'm going to the theater, my country doesn't has a no singles policy.

Yes it was

Was that before or after the lesbian cyberbrain threesome?

My mistake was watching the original the day before going to watch this. Btw for a movie 30 years old it's pretty awesome.

Yeah haha. The story would be terrible if she was an expert in military command and strategic warfare and all that haha

>It's just a glock
Couldn't have made it something nice, like an HK.

You have top tier taste famalam

I cared.
ScarJo is a mediocre actress and I think she was a pretty bad major

>Is it because current year butthurt shit?
Yes.

And lets not forget she's a chubby midget

she's literally only the lead in order to (attempt to) sell tickets. there's no other actresses that pull her $$ (theoretically - actors dont actually matter for box office returns like they used to)

Did anyone else get triggered when not only did they gave Togusa like 2 minutes on screen time, but also in the one scene that he's the star in, they gave him a fucking Chiappa Rhino instead of a Mateba 6 Unica?

Because that triggered the fuck out of me pajamalamadingdongs.

I guarantee you, if this was a Marvel movie it would've gotten at least an 80% on RT.

no shit. Disney should have made this. Would be even more on the nose hamfisted and quips. Would have 90% on RT.

This movie was better then episode 7. I hate people

Yeah, like Iron Fi...wait

so does she not have nipples/genitalia/anus anymore?

why does she get offered a drink? where would it come out if she doesnt have a bagina?

i want to fuck her.

>why don't other people set their bar so fucking low as I do
>waah

keep posting user

they sure set the bar low with episode 7. People ate that dog shit up. Enjoy your shitty Disney flicks

nobody itt mentioned disney shit except you. It's you who's eating that shit up

If it was original and not just being evaluated in comparison to the source material it would be at 90%

Well, I'm sitting waiting for the movie to start, so I'm hoping the shit throwers are wrong.

give me play by play how good her ass looks in the suit.

Is it really her ass if it's CGI though?

you will not be able to unsee this

Please don't ruin this for me.

>societies can't live together!
>segregate all cultures!!!
>white people can't do this thing from another culture!

>omg why you no hire black people?!? I mean asians..

I don't get it either. I watched the first 2 movies and the 2 TV series, and I liked it. The director managed to pull things from all 4 of those pieces of work to make a serviceable movie. I think most of the criticism is literally because Scarlet is white.

I was waiting all movie for it to become bottom of the barrel shit, as the reviewers said it would - it didn't happen.

There was an explanation for all the dumb things you would be critical of. The low tech eyes Batou got (which weren't that bad as you could see lenses turning inside of them) had a light hearted sequence to address it.

The fact that the major had a caucasian shell was also explained by the fact that the Robotics company was American, and that her original body was Japanese.

>>white people can't do this thing from another culture!
Sup Forums's argument since Scarlett was announced.

Same, I waited like the whole movie and then it was the wrong fucking gun

underrated as fuck

>You will never be paid to catch a falling Scarjo
Wake me up

This movie has the same problems as was plagued by the Silent hill adaptation, if not worse

It's got some things nailed down but it's mostly easy surface-level shit ("look, we have a spider tank. And we made this shot look 1:1 similar to the anime!" wink wink reference reference)

Meanwhile all the really cool interesting and thoughtful shit is lost and discarded. It really is ghost in the shell made for retards.

I have never watched GITS and I thought it was trash. The only thing I liked about the movie was the costumes and general look of the world. (the holograms were fucking distracting though)

>GitS
>thoughtful shit
Gotta love babby's first philosophical adventure.

You seem to be a rarity though, all the people I've seen crying about it on Facebook and Twitter are ugly women with problem glasses and emotional incontinence, and they all hate it purely because of ScarJo being white.

Are you the kind of person who thinks Innocence's text dumps and philosophical quote dropping was intelligent?

Also, the themes in the original movie aren't that deep in today's standards. And even then, the live adaption still emphasized the idea of what humanity really is.

The fact that they didn't sit in a boat for 5 minutes name dropping philosophers must have inflamed the sores in your asshole or something.

>make a slightly better version of Robocop 2014
>except they added names and straight up rip-offs of scenes from a 22 year old anime
What is the purpose of this movie? Who wanted to make it?

It wasn't really good, but it looked nice. The dialogue was ham-fisted, and someone should count up the number of times they directly namecheck the 'ghost' and the 'shell'. The acting was stilted, which I suppose is fine for the Major. The plot itself was actually reasonably well adapted, and the soundtrack was on point.

The visuals were stunning.

Beautiful film to look at. Not a bad plot. Pretty shit script, awful dialogue and stunted acting. 6/10

nah, eat a dick

also if you're saying that the source material and/ or anime is already babby mode, then it's extra disgraceful that this movie threw away even that semblance of cerebral content

>>military-grade cyborg super soldier known to be the best in tactical operations, leadership, small firearms, large arms, military material such as tanks and weaponry, and above all else hacking, who is second in command of a para-military super secret anti-terrorist government organization
>this is """"good""" Japanese characterization

kek, it's like Mike describing the "strong female character".

>nah, eat a dick
Thoughtful shit right here.

>then it's extra disgraceful that this movie threw away even that semblance of cerebral content
Maybe they just didn't wanna bother with superficial, first semester philosophy shit in what is essentially a style over substance IP.