What are some occurences of imaginary numbers being found in common day situations?

What are some occurences of imaginary numbers being found in common day situations?

Attached: images.jpg (275x183, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

plus.maths.org/content/complex-electricity
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't know

how about i/0

electric voltage and current dum fuck

Often they can be found in homework problems OP but you know that already.

They measure and represent something tangible Dumb Fuck.

the military uses them to perform space man magic to kill terrorists

They are used by NASA to keep the earth flat ya dingus

pretty much they are integral to the representation of quantum phenomena. So the heat capacity of the gases we are immersed in, the interaction of light from the sun with our atmospheric gases, nuclear processes in the sun...
but complex numbers are just a convenient tool for multiplication of vectors.

I use them a lot in electrical engineering, for frequency domain analysis (as imaginary numbers are helpful for analysing sinusoidal functions) and system control with inductors and capacitors (when a system is underdamped as the formula calls for a square root of a negative number).

I have seen as this guy says, that they're used in quantum mechanics too but that's not my expertise.

As I understand it, they're more like a tool than a thing that actually exists in tangible reality though.

Attached: Complex-Plain2.gif (219x432, 131K)

They are used frequently in signal processing.
Also used for the number of girls I had sex with.

They're used to quantify how many girls OP slept with

In phone numbers, imaginary numbers are the numbers we associate with the tone of the button press. So we don't do number -> tone, which would mean we are calling a sound and that would be in theory, we are using tone -> number because the number is in theory already describing something. So we add nothing to it.

That minus one is a delimeter saying we are using the radical side and the +1 on the otherwise i + n side of things is not being observed into the incomplete form for its child function.

orly?
>This single complex number contains two pieces of information, namely the amplitude, and the phase, of the voltage. There is a similar expression for the complex current.
>Expressing voltage and current as complex numbers makes the mathematics of power networks a whole lot easier, and is an important part of making sure that the lights always stay on.
Source: plus.maths.org/content/complex-electricity
Who is the dumb fuck ITT?

Circles
Try measuring one

FAGGOT

To help wrap your head around them user use the other terminology:
Irrational number
In other words a number that can not be represented in ratio format
Ie pi is the most famous example, the denominator repeats to infinity so cant be represented in a ratio.
Your welcome, good luck. Math is divine. Hope you too fall in love with it like i did

In cryptography

imaginary =/= irrational

You sound as dumb as Greta Thunberg and her "science"
She loves it, worship it, but doesn't know nor understand jack shit about it

dbWP

Attached: RWWjbtpVEhhfVaKwOdCWAiDpqihfH.jpg (306x290, 26K)

WCit

Attached: xShsunnODTZnUBXEfPUSlDs.jpg (298x296, 26K)

trump claiming a majority support him