Well that was a load of shit

well that was a load of shit

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/tv/1491086450851.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>watching any movie with channing tatum

It wasn't shit but it wasn't Kino. A disappointing film from the Cohen brothers.

Really? I liked it, thought it was charming.

Nobody really discusses it here, heh.

there were moments that worked but it was a flawed premise from the get go

it told a bunch of different meandering stories that crisscrossed through mannix, but honestly he's not an interesting enough character to carry the film. clooney is a boring distraction. every time something peeks out as a fun idea it gets buried under three other side plots

i would've taken a movie about JUST hobie
i would've taken a movie about JUST scarjo and jonah
i would've taken a movie about JUST gay sailor communists

the script is thoroughly clever but not engaging.

I kind of saw it as a Pulp Fiction-style set during the black and white Hollywood era,during a time when communism was the fear. Like different stories somehow related.

i don't have a problem with that kind of structure in general, but i honestly couldn't care less about most of the stories told here

i will say that at least the look of the film felt accurate. period films are always fun exercises in costume and set design

>implying he wasn't the best part.

wew lad

i made a thread about it a while ago, it's been out of the public conciousness for a while

that jump and pose on the ladder of the submarine

k i n o

>not watching a movie where the bad guys are Communist Jews led by a blonde homosexual dancer

How they lampooned old hollywood was pretty entertaining, even if it never managed to actually be funny. I enjoyed it overall.

christopher lambert was the best part

Is it worth watching if you don't know anything about old Hollywood?

I loved it and thought it was comfy af

The weakest cohen film

It's only shit compared to other Coen films. It's still a great film. I agree it lacked focus, but Joel and Ethan surely knew what they wanted to do. It's clearly a movie made with a purpose, I'm just a little puzzled what it was. I think at the heart of it, they just wanted to create that 40's Hollywood setting they love so much and show life in it.

Still always fun when they do comedy. If you hated the Channing Tatum scene, you need to watch more shitty old Frank Sinatra movies.

u have shit taste.

True Grit was unnecessary.

Nah OP is right, this movie is shit. Absolutely horrendous effort from the Corn Brothers.

I get the feeling nobody here actually gets what this film was about. Now it wasn't a great film but it was pretty good and the message was solid.

>Miller's Crossing

>they just wanted to create that 40's Hollywood setting they love so much and show life in it
i think youre exactly right, but they expect the audience to have that exact same love and dont bother to justify it at all.

big ol' masturbatory vanity project.

2deep4you

There was no message. It was a joke.

21 and 22 jump street are both pretty solid comedies

i.4cdn.org/tv/1491086450851.png

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

>i go on a thread about why people think the movie is bad
>only makes me want to rewatch it even more

You're pretty consistent, dropped guy

One of those things you can rely on, on this board.. tb h fåm

Just like La La Land and Arrival

For reddit you cancerface

dumb weekend posters

watch more cinema to actually get it honestly

>inb4 i-i shouldnt have to do homework to get it maaan

no you don't, it should still be a good film, but much better if you understand the political climate and films of that era

>implying they were bad guys

that's because Sup Forums has a bad taste in movies and tv.

they were shown more as the retarded detached and somewhat cute group of elites and less as villains.

Not as engaging, rewatch friendly, or quotable as their earlier stuff. It's basically Things Happen: The Movie. Great cast, enjoyable film, awesome team but at the end of the day I'm putting in Fargo, Lebowski or O Brother...

I liked it for the cultural-religious message

I don't care if people say nothing happens in the movie

I love it just because of the time period.