Can we talk about B&TB 2017?

>Saw movie with gf last night
>I know every single Disney movie and song, grew up with 3 sisters.

Emma Watson cannot sing. All auto tune and talk singing.
Emma Watson's portrayal of Belle sucked
Beast looked like shit
Castle outside looked like shit

Gaston and Lefou worked well
Ballroom scene was beautiful
CGI servants were great

How the hell did they fuck up the two main TITLE CHARACTERS??

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=afzmwAKUppU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I thought Emma looked a bit off at times, but generally it was good. I decided to rewatch the cartoon when I came home and holy fuck they animated their faces weird at times.

I personally think it's on par with the cartoon.

I thought it was fine. I think Emma is probably the weakest thing about it, but perhaps part of that is bias considering shes been Herminone for god knows how long and we keep seeing her as that role. The art direction was fantastic, and Lumiere/Cogworth were on point

I really liked it, desu, I may even go see it again.

We will never
EVER
Get a live action, modern day B&TB with Audrey Hepburn as Belle

I didn't like Emma Thomson as Mrs Potts.

Stupid voice she was putting on killed it for me, should have gotten Angela Lansbury out of retirement

So which Disney movie are you interested in seeing in live action? I want to say Aladdin, but they're never going to top Robin Williams' Genie. Hercules might be fun to see

The Jungle Book

Hunchback of Notre Dam would be pretty sick, but I doubt they'll be willing to have as straightforward a thing as that holy guy singing about how much he wanted to have sex with the gypsy

I don't understand why they would choose a novice singer for the lead role in a musical movie

agree with everything except the servants. Mightve just been my preference of how they sounded in the cartoon but i just didn't like it. The clock was the only exceptional one.

I honestly didn't like it

Lol, she declined Emma Stone's role La La Land for this

My sister said the same thing.

i remember when tim burton expressed interest in doing it, but like how the story was originally told. but that was almost 10 years ago and isnt even on his future project plans anymore

McGregor did alright as Lumiere

Yeah, Emma Watson has severe resting bitch face, the original belle in the animated film look lively, vibrant and full of vigor.
Also, the amount of black people in the film kinda threw me off. I mean about 15 min into the movie I felt I was watching a play with a diverse cast instead of an actual film with the story set in France. Also, the nice old book keeper was a young black guy,. not to be racist, but....for what reason? It just didnt sync well with the animated film it was based off.

I liked the voice acting but I just didnt like his singing for Be Our Guest. But again i think its more of a preference of the original singing

He was fine, and Ian McKellen was great too.
I dIdn't care for the closet lady, Mrs Potts, Chip and who's idea was it to make the feather duster sexy french woman a dove?

That made no sense. They could've easily given her a humanoid face.

Why are they so tied to making the actors sing in these films, especially CGI characters.

Give them a rest and hire a real singer, like they would have done in the original

Nostalgia is a bitch, its hard to judge this without thinking of the old one. Because lets face it, the original isnt going to be topped

I went in expecting it to be pretty terrible because I wasn't liking Emma Watson from the trailers. Ended up enjoying it but still hating Emma Watson, it just felt like she didn't want to be there.

Despite loving the original and a fair few other disney films, I didnt think i would be seeing this last weekend. But my cinemas dead cheap, me and my gf had no other plans, and the only other option was power rangers.

I thought it was pretty crummy.
I find Emma Watson to be the worst thing about it. Like the other guy in this thread, i also watched the original again afterwards and it completely blows the remake to pieces.

The animators were on some godly level when they made that film. Check out Belle's reactions during the "be our guest" sequence, she looks utterly entranced and amazed, totally joyful and marvelling at the fantastic scene carrying out in front of her.
Then watch the remake, and see Emma Watson just casually smiling, almost like shes seen dinner plates and cutlery perform a musical number every other day of the week.

Gaston was good, but his sidekick, i dunno he just didnt work for me. I really hated the "im surprized that i even know this because im illiterate" line in the Gaston song, felt so out of place and dumb.

And I couldnt agree with this more: Lansbury did a much better job.

overall, i'd just say that the original is far, far, superior in every way possible. every aspect of it is so wonderfully done. perhaps had they not chosen emma watson as belle, or perhaps injected her with more enthusiasm rather than that forced smirk she wears throughout the whole movie i would have enjoyed it more. but then again, i probably wouldnt care because the film never needed to be remade.

this is probably my favourite disney song, very closely followed by gaston's song. watch both, they are insanely brilliant:
youtube.com/watch?v=afzmwAKUppU

I tried to wash away all my expectations for this movie, as Sup Forums had pretty much told me to hate it for Watson alone.

I actually liked it very much. They went a bit overboard in some places, and underwhelmed in others, but generally the movie was very solid without much annoyances but no true kino moments either.

The only thing that irked me was Stevens looking way too old as the prince, and Plumette being a model-ey black girl instead of a voluptuous french woman. Gaston going 0 to 100 from a goofy jock to a murderous psychopath in one scene was a bit weird too.

Well they had to make him more evile because in the cartoon he did nothing wrong

Ballroom dance is kino to me

I mainly meant the CGI for them looked way better than the beast. I didnt mind the voices as much.

Emma was actually great and it was really good. Its better than the cartoon desu. Gonna see it again sometime

Try watching the bling ring.

Lol she made twice as much as emma stones net worth for this. 15 mil.

And this was better than La La Land which was fucking shit. Fight me. Nobody gives a shit

Right because emma stone didn't sound much worse? She can can disney overproduced it deal with it

The cartoon version of belle sucks and your critique is a roastie opinion. Emma was very charming as belle and doesn't have resting bitch face you autist she smiles a shitton in the movie.

This wall of text is worthless and wrong. Sad!

Film was kino

Emma Watson was really good, once again she gives an elavating performance.