Can someone explain me the conspiracy behind stand up comedy

because 99,9% of it is pure unfunny shit and somehow there are tons of comedians making money from it
pic related is the best example

yeah it confuses me too
Almost none of it is funny and yet people obsess over which comedian is making the most money.
Speaking of Amy Schumer, I dont hate her because im sexist, i hate her because stand up comedy is fucking awful.

ive always hated stand up. It just doesnt make me laugh

i believe is a normie thing they bring up to make up for their lack of personality and decent hobbies
>haha so user did u watch amy schumer special?
>normies proceed to discuss it for 3 hours

It's the jews mate
It's always the jews

Her uncle is a senator. Nick Kroll's dad is a real estate billionaire. Etc.

Its cheap as shit to film and produce

celebrity culture

they're basically glorified djs

>tfw no auteur will ever do for stand up specials what johnathan femme did for concert films with stop making sense

execs only want to push SJW crap and democrat propaganda for whatever reason

perhaps if you think only 0.1% of what people find funny is funny, it might actually be you, the nerd with the Sup Forums rotted brain, who is not funny

just a thought my friend

I think it's like Wrestling. All scripted on who's going to be at the top.

they's just saying what we's all thinkin'

because normies are fucking retarded.

there's the answer to 75% of life's mysteries

waaaahhhhh waaaaaah they keep makin fun of my trumpie waaaaaah

NOT FUNNY

pushing comedians who agree with you politically is a great to push your politics onto the public in a way where they can't question it, debate it or get bored by it

See:
>the daily show
>million dollar extreme

Both sides practice it
Ironically, the best comedians are those who don't take a strong political stance like Bill Burr and Stewart Lee

not me

The ventriloquist with the terrorist puppet makes me kek. Then I realized his main special is a decade old and his was considered mostly uncontroversial back then.

Comedians hang out together at comedy clubs. They network and come up with all kinds of conspiracies. That's how Joe Rogan got big.

It's hard to understand when you reach peak enlightenment but just go on facebook and look at the memes normies post, how you used to think they were funny when you first discovered memes and now since being in Sup Forums they seem cringey, stupid and tryhard.

Most people who aren't socially conscious in that way (normies) are entertained by unfunny shit because their minds aren't conditioned to see the world as it actually is. That's why people like (((amy schumer))) get so successful despite having zero talent. Their comedy is easy to swallow and light hearted, it has the widest appeal. I think most comedians realize this and know to take advantage of the fact that all they have to do is be confident and be able to make a recognizable brand, the actual quality is meaningless it's like those shitty as seen on tv products, 99% are complete shit but the way the market themselves and form a brand name makes the brainwashed masses fawn over them.

that's true, I can't see Joe Rogan in any other situation making it as a stand up comic. He had a lot of connections, he should be more humble

Gynocracy.

Before you label me as a cuck and basement-dwelling virgin, just have an open mind and google MGTOW.

>how you used to think they were funny when you first discovered memes
but i never did

he is. when did Sup Forums become
>conjecture, the board

most normies don't take film, comedy, music etc very seriously

to them these things are just background noise in the movie of their life. so they prefer entertainment that is easy to palette and doesn't require any thinking or reflection.
Same reason capeshit and pop music are so popular. When they see someone deep into something they generally consider them an autistic weirdo.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS BRUTE

I was on Sup Forums before facebook became big, let alone memeposting of facebook, so I don't follow your shit.

It doesn't play as well on camera as it does in person.

Of the rare few that can do both, they make the money, the rest don't.

They're the new rap "artists" and pop stars. Most of these untalented comedics don't actually write their own material, like most popular rappers, and their personas are manufactured by their respective managers. There are many legitimately funny people who are t known to the average normies since most normies just consume whatever the big media corporation feeds them.

>Almost none of it is funny and yet people obsess over which comedian is making the most money.
When I was living in Melbourne, there was an international show with comedians from all over the world.
I went to 4 shows and they were amazing.
Yet these people are NOT those you hear about on tv or MSM.
Nevertheless, they are acknowledged to be the best ones, and rightfully so.

Basically, there is always a high chance everything you see on TV is low-quality shit compared to how the scene really does look like.

Because it's a hivemind syndrome
If you're in a room full of people who pretend to laugh at jokes, it influences you to think the joke was funny

Is this Melbourne in Australia or in Florida?

I went to see Jim Gaffigan about 10-11 years ago. It's the only stand up I've ever been to. The two opening acts weren't that funny but Gaffigan was hilarious. Unfortunately I ended up hearing the same jokes over and over in all his routines since then and it became less funny.

Comedians today aren't what they used to be. The scene has drastically changed. It was a lot different 30-40 years. It was harder to make it back then. I still think people like Norm MacDonald are fucking hilarious but in the past 10-20 years there haven't really been but a couple dozen actual good comics. People like Dane Cook were the start of a shitty era for comedy.

It's a Jewish racket.

Patrice O'Neal (goat) talked about it.

>don't take a strong political stance
>Stewart Lee

This
There was an insane amount of stand up programming in the late 80s and 90s because it is so cheap to make, like reality television

Im convinced it's a racket

A few years ago I saw Kevin James had a stand up event in an arena, and didn't even know he did stand up. Out of curiosity I checked ticketmaster and saw the cheapest seats available started at $125. In a fucking arena. For Kevin James.

The only way I can explain it, is that it's some kind of money laundering thing going on. Has to be.

Stand up is overrated. There are only a handful who have been good.

WOMEN ARE FUNNY GET OVER IT

Because humor is dangerous. With humor, people subvert the totalitarian reality of our lives. The best jokes and laughs are about pretty dark, morbid stuff. In pretty much every dictatorship, people were escaping into subtle humor since freedom of expression wasn't a given. With humor, you can have a moment of clarity, disintegrating the ruling ideology by reflecting on how absurd it all is.

With shitty vulgar comedy, the ruling ideology and class makes sure we don't have that realization. With the monopolization of media, it is possible for the media to recreate it's own ideology through its outlets. This is a state of being which is unprecedented, as comedy and satire used to be a bottom up phenomenon, and even in times of little to no freedom of expression, comedians reflected their time by deconstructing it's zeitgeist.

Jews.

I-I've never noticed that drop of sweat falling off her elbow halfway through....

I keep seeing this posted and I can't figure out wtf shes doing, whats the context?

>>>>r/iamverysmart

Probably talking about her clit flapping arround or something

Yeah whatever, it's a more sufficient answer then "da jooos xDDD".

I could make guesses too but I would really like to know instead of just wondering. Of course, my curiosity isn't enough to actually watch her stand-up.

This is going to get ignored, but its 100% true. Whats more embarassing is that some posters here never grew out of that phase and are posting in this thread RIGHT NOW

Ohhh shit Is that what you were getting at, that it's the jew responsible? I take back what I said, I agree with you then

American comedy is literally the lowest form of comedy. Its literally toilet tier humour

So Jews right?

I was waiting for someone to call me out on that
But his politics is very tongue-in-cheek to the point that I'm not even sure he's a liberal anymore
He spends all his recent shows insulting the middle-class liberals that make up his fanbase. And then he insults everyone else

I think he's become disillusioned from the idea of politics in general. But sure, he's clearly left-wing

it's one of the few things that is still able to survive to a degree from vaudeville style theater acts that still is very similar in its presentation to those acts. it's a bit strange compared to what many Americans view or listen to for entertainment, but like what someone said above it's usually cheap to make.

I forgot to add that because it was popular in the past that helps it continue to keep existing compared to if the concept were try to start existing today.

Also, I guess the idea isn't that strange to many modern Americans watch for entertainment in relation to what they watch on the internet because many young Americans watch lots of videos of people just talking on youtube.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

I hate stand-up comedy since ever. I saw my friends telling me to watch that guy or the other one and I just couldn't laugh.
Maybe because I'm grumpy, but it's rare to find something to make me laugh. Two youtubers from my country, the chans and talking with my friends are the only thing that make me laugh.

The amount Americans revere stand up comedy has always been something I just couldn't figure out at all.

Like Louis CK is one of their most lauded standups and while I love his show I think his standup is the weakest part of it.

Yes, Jews.

Must be some kind of normie activity, like a status symbol entertainment experience.
Imagine the pussy you'd get if you posted an image to tinder from the front row of a Schumer show.

Oh man I forgot about Achmed

It's no conspiracy.

The real redpill is understanding that the majority of the population is stupid enough to enjoy (((amy schumer))) type comedy. There's no manipulation, she's not unfairly pushed. People are just that god damn dumb.

>That's why people like (((amy schumer))) get so successful despite having zero talent.

I thought it was because she was Jewish.

I started doing comedy recently. It's actually a great social activity, great way to just put yourself out there. It's not going to get you money or pussy but it's a fun time trying to make people laugh.

Hard as fuck. Most open mics are filled with regulars who go every week for years fine tuning the 10 minutes of material they have for ever. Each week getting less laughs because the crowd heard it all before.

Fascinating. I never heard this sage info about the craft before.

In other news sarcasm is over played and water is wet.

The only funny stand up comedy I've ever seen is chris rock, dan tosh, and dave Chappell. Maybe sienfeld like 25 years ago.

Stand up comedy is an art. The audience is pretty much just judging how good of a communicator the speaker is.

Seinfeld's actual jokes are bad but his delivery is legendary. Robin Williams' jokes were so bad that he'd never earn a 5 minute set spot at any comedy club were it not for his delivery and ability to form a rapport with the audience.

It's only actually funny if you see it live ( and see a good comic obviously).

When you watch a video of a show it just doesn't do a good job of conveying the jokes and theres no atmosphere int he room to get you going.

Also 99.9% of shows aren't recorded

Probably Aus. Our Melbourne has an annual comedy fest which is pretty much every pro stand up comedian doing bits. Some are shit, some are great, most are okay. They usually reserve their best bits for the higher paying gigs by themselves though.

This is bullshit. I've seen plenty of live shows and I usually sit there like a stone faced autist and end up laughing at a part that wasn't supposed to be funny. Only one guy made me laugh consistently at a live event and I still laughed no more than I do at home watching his material.

If you're cucked enough to start enjoying something just because they did 3 mins of audience participation (anyone from bumfuck ohio gimme a YEAHHH etc.) then your opinion is invalid.

There's no conspiracy. The majority of people don't need smart jokes to make them laugh. That's it. Some comedians, like Gilbert Gottfried, make jokes for comedians and the public can laugh along too if they get it. And some comedians, like her or Dane Cook, just stand on stage and make silly noises or talk about farts. Not every musician is Meatloaf, some of them are Bruno Mars. The best thing you can do is to go to comedy clubs and buy merch from the comics who make you laugh. Support the good ones. Bitching about the ones who suck dick flavored ass won't do anything because this is the Era of Spin. Amy Schumer isn't funny? Why do you hate women? You can't win unless you don't fight on her terms.

Fucking jews.

>"and dont get me wrong you guys"
>"we love your cum"
>"only complaint..."
>"WE WANT MORE OF IT!"
>"MORE"
>"MORE"
>"MORE"
>"MORE"
>"We want to do snow angels in it"

AmySchumer is one of the greatest comedic minds of our generation, and i honestly believe that this latest special has cemented her among the all-time greats of comedy : heres why.

She has expertly fabricated an entire ironic character that satirizes bad comedy. What's really genius is after creating her Persona she has begin to deconstruct the wide spread and pervasive "bad" comedy that can be found in most popular culture outlets, like the internet, or teevee.
Jokes like

"My pussy smells like a barnyard animal, okay"

and the one above,

show the feminist struggle to reform and change culturally embedded axioms of comedy. Before our very eyes the paradigm is shifting, under several layers of irony that are only detectable by the patrician among us.

She is literally, with every joke, deconstructing patriarchal comedy, and making us ask deep in our hearts, what is actually funny in this nihilistic and unforgiving world?

Only maybe 1 in 100 are ever funny, but there have been some greats. Haven't seen a good new one in years, though.

>Not every musician is Meatloaf, some of them are Bruno Mars

I like you.

I don't get it either. When I was a kid I thought that the comedians have new material every time they go on stage when in fact they always repeat the same routine. I honestly think anyone could do a decent set if they had a week to prepare.

This, I used to want to get into stand-up as a youth because I enjoyed making big groups of people laugh and found it pretty easy. When I actually decided to get serious about it I realised it was more like being a musician and writing a "piece" that you play over and over and over again. Fuck that shit.

Being a musician is harder,you have to be concentrated all the time and if you are a singer you need to keep your voice and remember all the lyrics. When you're a comedian,you just go out there and be funny,you can be drunk for all they care.

American stand ups are terrible compared to the last generation

British Stands ups are meh compared to the last generation but still have some funny bones in them

Yeah sorry, I didn't mean to imply it took anywhere near as much talent and ability, if it did I wouldn't have been turned off by it.

You're either an autist, or you're watching it sober.

You also posted the worst standup "comedian" there is.

wow is she trying to exercise and eat at the same time?

No conspiracy.

Just lowest common denominator audiences.

>It's hard to understand when you reach peak enlightenment

How old are you? 20?

Either way,show business is for suckers,literally more than 99% percent of the people who try to become famous don't make it. It's okay if you do it for you,but it is a waste of time to dedicate yourself full time if you don't have any connections or otherworldly talent.

That's your choice though, there isn't some rule that says comedians have to recycle their routine every show. Keep in mind they're playing all over the country and world though, so a lot o those audiences haven't heard that material before. The shows that get filmed for you to watch aren't the only shows they do.

If you want to you can throw out all of your material and start fresh after every show. I think one comic talked about doing that, maybe Louis CK? Although I think he was talking about throwing out his routine after a year or some set amount of time, not after every show.

>She has expertly fabricated an entire ironic character that satirizes bad comedy.

You give her too much credit.

Standup comedy is trial and error, until you can craft an hour long piece that you've honed to perfection and memorized and then film an hour long special.

If you want more improvisation, see:

Dave Attell: Road Work
Todd Barry: Crowd Work
Jeff Ross Roasts Criminals: Live from Brazos County Jail

So in your world she's Tim & Eric?

>It's hard to understand when you reach peak enlightenment
this is now in my pasta collection, thank you very much

There's just more shitty people for who it's easier to get their shit seen.
the internet made it easier for hacks to live off of comedy.
good comics are still out there, they solution is just more diluted

>Todd Barry: Crowd Work
that is one of my favourite things in the world

most people are drinking when they watch stand up

end of conspiracy