So I'm about to take the ACT in 2 weeks and quite honestly I'm at wits end. After some research online...

So I'm about to take the ACT in 2 weeks and quite honestly I'm at wits end. After some research online, I've heard that generally, around 80+ hours of total studying where you're comprehending whatever you're doing can make a 4-6 point difference, and that's great for me, as I've gotten a 26 on the ACT in April and I NEED a 30+. So I come here Sup Forums, for your help. I need to balance both studying the ACT and a lot of senior shit for colleges. That requires a lot of hours, but honestly sleep can suck my left nut. My question is: what is around the amount of sleep that an 18 year old needs to function? I was thinking around 2-3 hours. I've been searching but I only found pussy websites.

Attached: fuckingpissed.jpg (800x800, 153K)

around 6-8 hours

To be honest, in my experience the more you get the better, about 6-8 hours.
In order to function, the smartest thing would be 3 or 4. Protip: If you chug a litre of coffee, it's like speed

Really? I'm not really wanting to get a lot of sleep, I'm mostly asking what's the amount to where I don't end up like the guys in the Russian Sleep Experiment creepypasta

Thanks, I think I might do 4 hours of sleep.

yeah good luck with that. my personal experience at pushing approximately 4-5 hours of sleep every day for a week while settling sleep debts on weekends left me struggling to process information. at 2-3 you're barely going to be functioning by the end of the week. sorry man, you can't do it. something else is going to have to give, because it's not going to be sleep. not long term like that. one, two nights, sure. not 15.

for clarification, coffee/energy drinks were able to keep me alert and awake, but if you were asked to paraphrase a sentence, you struggled tremendously

It depends on yourself, but 4 should be good. If you usually sleep 6 or 8 it's half so it's not so bad. Remember to not waste all your time on Sup Forums

Attached: 65611766_474570933105016_4484017930870194176_n.jpg (547x697, 38K)

I literally didnt study and got a 29. You'll do great if you try.

if you actually plan on sleeping 3 hours per day, the extra studying you get will be piss poor quality. some people can function well on relatively low amounts of sleep (like 5 to 6 hours), while it completely decimates other peoples productivity.
at the end of the day you need to be able to actually comprehend what you are reading, so 3 hours of sleep a day for 2 weeks is fucking retarded

Man am I’m glad I always did well with tests. I didn’t study at all. Parents bought me a ACT study book and I got a 34 easy. Didn’t even stress about it, finished relatively early and went to my friends place to smoke weed and play SNES. If you know you don’t test well I’m sorry dude but there’s no way you’re going to be able to give up sleep to make that happen. Your best bet would be to just relax and focus on the amount of studying you can get done on the subjects you know the least about. Don’t stress it. Honesty stress is what causes like 90% of missed questions. Thinking way too hard about shit and second guessing your answers. At least that was my experience.

Unless you want to turn into michael j fox, I don't recommend getting less than 5-6 hours of sleep per night. he got parkinson's because he was getting 2-3 hours of sleep at night b/c he was filming family ties along with filming the BTTF films simultaneously.

God what I would give to have that kind of ability.

Why are you trying so hard? College is a waste unless you're doing STEM and even that can be a wash.

Attached: a9b454c73e2bda9656f629f05e6eebb120535a5de51f880bcbb4c9329f78bf1d.jpg (450x250, 30K)

>he got parkinson's because he was getting 2-3 hours of sleep
weakling

Seriously man just focus on the shit that’s hardest for you, don’t waste time on the stuff you know decently well. Besides at the end of the day if you’re exhausted you’re going to do shit. If you’re stressing every decision and forcing yourself to work without any rest or time for relaxing it’s going to make you do worse. You always gotta allow yourself to relax. Like working out, can’t just go 100% every day you gotta have rest days too or else you fuck your body over and hurt yourself.

I want to prove to my parents I can be something. They don't disapprove of me or anything, but my brother got a 31 when he took the ACT. I can see the disappointment in their eyes but they act nice to me. I want to show them I can be something too. Plus they bought me this online princeton review subscription, and I feel bad because it cost $100.

Sleep has an important function.

it is entirely possible your brother is smarter than you. My sister's IQ is 140+ which is inline with my parents IQ. Meanwhile, mine is like 115-130. I don't dare mention that to them because when I told them that richard feynman had an IQ of 125, they said no way, that would make him clinically retarded. They literally believe people with an IQ less than 140 are all the same, all retarded, etc.

Minimum 6hours. Anything less and you will crash hard and fast. At least 6 and you can function for a week or so before it catches up with you. You need to just stop doing all extracurricular stuff and just eat, sleep, and study. Thats it. This isnt something you can cheese out on--weve all been there and tried and failed eventually. Get as much sleep as your body needs, don't eat yourself into a coma, and put your nose in the books dude. Thats all there is to it.

In all fairness, he probably is smarter than me, which I don't care about. I'd rather make stuff like books, movies, just something creative. But if I get this ALONGSIDE showing my parents that I've already lost 20 pounds in 2 months, they'll realize that when I'm committed to something, I can do well.

Being the cousin of death

if you're doing it to prove something to your parents, you'll come to regret that decision down the line almost guaranteed.
do it only for yourself. constantly comparing your successes to others will only make you slip up or worse, go insane.

Uh just because I put my computer to sleep, doesn't mean the memory contents are gone or the computer is broken.

>taking a vacation is the cousin of laziness
>eating is the cousin of gluttony
>not working on weekends is the cousin of unemployment

exactly this. part of learning to be an adult is to work for your own motivations and goals and not that of others. Seen far too often people who live their lives trying to appease others and live up to others' expectations only to experience burnout or other issues.

You don't need a fabulous ACT score to be an artist. In fact, arguably speaking, the fact that you want to be an artist means you have a good chance of disappointing your parents anyway, yale graduate or not.

Your mom is the cousin of your father

>struggling to prove yourself to your parents
thats half of why they are displeased. You arent doing shit for yourself. Its about pleasing others. find something you love and pursue the fuck out of it in a profitable manner. thats what will make them proud. If that doesnt work then perhaps you need to cut ties and be your own man anyway