twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

WELCOME

TO

CITY

maybe
but it'd be shit like all video game movies

just watch freeman's mind instead

Pic related would be a great fit for Dr. Breen

Imagine the amount of crappy CGI they woud put in the movie.

Scarlett johansen would play gorden

GTA5's profits blew films out of the water. It should be films being turned into videogames, not the opposite.

hardcore henry was just a test run for a First Person view movie. Thats what Half Life movie will be

It could work, the gameplay and story were always pretty separate.
It'd have to be just set in the universe though, and hopefully not have a bunch of embarrassing nods to the games whilst trying to explain how the Black Mesa incident related to what is happening in the movie

GTA 5's success is not the norm.

There isn't much a story to adapt, the plot is expliocitly B-movie and relies on interactive properties on vidya to stay entertaining. Once you take that away, you realise that the whole thing is about mute guy in bad Iron-Man cosplay punching aliens with a crowbar

Someone in Hollywood gave Gabe Newell a script and he said they don't know any shit about Half Life.

Why would they?

You'll get a Portal movie and realise how wrong you were to pine for a Half Life movie.

it's not something that needs a movie

You have chosen, or been chosen

I am pretty sure Jar Jar says he's going to tackle it. Since he's an Uber Jew I have no doubt he will get it made. I hate him so much though for fucking Star Wars and Cloverfield, I can't complain since Valve refuses to finish the series.

As if Gaben knows shit about Half Life, they clearly gave up on finishing the series years ago, my guess is around the time they found out that getting the community to create virtual items and then printing the virtual customizables for free earned them more money than they ever could have made by making actual video games.

That, as well as owning Steam, literally means that it's an unnecessary risk trying to make a new game, even though Half Life 3 would break all profit records.

>Ryan Gosling as fully mute Gordon (He's great at acting purely with his facial expressions)
>Timothy Olyphant as Barney
>Christopher Walken as G-Man
First movie covers the first game, events are changed so that Barney and Gordon team-up in their escape. Barney's talkative and funny, Gordon's the straight man, never speaking.
They separate when it comes time to hit the portal to Xen, final 20 minutes are Gordon silently taking them down. He takes G-Man's offer reluctantly.

>Rosario Dawson as Alyx
>Bill Cosby as Eli
>Christopher Lloyd as Dr. Vance
>Carice van Houten as Judith
>John Davies-Rhys as Grigori
> as Breen
Second movie covers the events of 2 and episode 1, Alyx replaces Barney's original role.
A third movie is made to cover the events of episode 2 and Half Life 3
A special edition is released years later, it only adds multiple amounts of ferns to the scenery.

cringe

This is the only thing worthwhile with the concept.
A 3 hour long dark comedy/drama, played in the style of a biographical Scorcese pic, about Cave's rise and fall could be great.

>Rosario Dawson as Alyx
That would make me so angry. She's busted. Alyx is supposed to be younger. I thought that bitch who plays Tara would've made a good choice but lately she's been a real mess.

I hate seeing people attempt to cast movies. People always choose actors that are way too old for the part.

>Christopher Walken as G-Man
it'd have to be some no name, has to be as weird and as foreign to people as possible
>John Rhys-Davies as Gregori
now this I can get behind

Reminder that Freeman's Mind 2 came out today

youtube.com/watch?v=dbdo8VCAaV4

Why? Is there anything unique or spectacular about Half Life 2 that makes it worth adapting to another medium or something about being a film that would add to it in any meaningful war? Is there any reason it should be a movie at all besides soothing the artistic inferiority complexes of gamurrs?

Holy fuck, I began watching that years ago.

He unironically finished the first game?

>he's 2 years late to the party
youtube.com/watch?v=Ex-Da3NC83o

Yeah, I think there were about 68 episodes in total for the first game. You can find them all on the same channel

JJ Abrams is writing it though

They're never even going to ever make another Half-Life game, there's no reason to bother with a movie

>adapting video games into films
No, just no

least of all Half Life 2

>half life movie

What is this, 2007?

A reminder that selling humanity into slavery isn't as bad as it sounds.

>2007 was ten years ago
>Half Life was first launched almost twenty years ago

>Is there anything unique or spectacular about Half Life 2 that makes it worth adapting to another medium or something about being a film that would add to it in any meaningful way
Yes. Obviously. There's not much Fascist Kino out there.

t. breen

i don't know, but i'll love to see Paul Dano as Freeman... after all, Freeman is like 27 in the game... and he looks nerdy enough desu.

Anthony Hopkins for Breen?

i love dano, but i think that's a terrible cast

also he would look bad with a circle beard

What exactly did the combine do wrong?

youtu.be/sFU6hxFfJac?t=3m33s

Yes, and the sequel will be called life.

>but i think that's a terrible cast
>inb4 you make a cast based solely on appearance

i don't care, i need to believe that the main character is a nerd trapped in a lab, and that he is doing everything to get out alive...

Paul Dano isn't god's gift to acting. Idris Elba isn't god's gift to acting.

>release the same game on 5 platforms
>lots of people that bought it multiple times on multiple platforms
>still sells for $60 almost 4 years after release

Hardcore Henry rocks!!!

Paul Dano looks nerdy, but he doesn't look like someone who would use a shotgun to kill a zombie with a giant crab on his head and feel nothing afterwards.
And Paul Dano is a great actor, i don't want him mixed with vidyashit.

That would be classic.

why not just play the fucking game

most games dont translate well cause the story is built around gameplay and immersion.

muh city scanners

We'll see what happens I guess. Have loved the HL games for a long time now, but I don't have any high hopes for them seeing a resolution to the series any time soon.

I know Jar Jar has been trying to make it happen but it doesn't seem to be his top priority. He's still producing Star Wars and Mission: Impossible and probably has his own projects he's working on.

I get why a lot of people don't like Bad Robot, but I've liked some of their films and I think Dan Trachtenberg the guy who did the newest Cloverfield, could actually have a decent shot at making a good Half Life or maybe even a Portal movie.

Anyone remember Tripods?

Portal would be much better

an aged Michael Kelly ala Brando in the Godfather would work as G-Man better than anyone

Portal sucks. No it wouldn't make a more compelling film. No one cares about your quirky robot. You only shill Portal since it's something you can beat in 2 hours.