Voiello did nothing wrong

Voiello did nothing wrong.

Young Pope thread.

I dunno i haven't seen the last episode can you spoil it for me?

Show of the year

yes i understand i watched all but the last episode. its great. my mom said the last episode had sex though so i said NO THANKS.

>i watched all but the last episode
>the last episode had sex

uh... user...

Is this from the last episode i don't remember this?

episode 6 I think

Next season Lenny's gonna slip Sofia the ol' Bishop of Rome for sure. Ms. Greenland too.

> the faggot hypocrit priest gets what he deserves

desu the show was very satisfying to watch.

>will have a season 2

I disagree.

>made partially with EU funds
>people say the EU never did anything good

I just now realized that this is an actual show
I thought all these threads had to do with the movie Silence

good job user

He sinned in his heart.

who else thinks this is probably the best show of the 21st century?

-1 point for it not being a finger flying toward Alaska.
Otherwise breddy gud meme lad

honestly hottest scene of the year

it's entered my top 5 favorite HBO shows

1. Carnivale
2. In Treatment
3. The Young Pope
4. John Adams
5. Rome

It's up there alright.

This show was actually really good. I thought it was going to be preachy, and would try to make the main character look like some evil, power hungry theocrat, but it really just made him look like a man of principle.

8/10 the ending was kinda meh

how does it end?

>main character dies at the end of the last episode
>will have a season 2

Halt and Catch Fire is leagues ahead

>implying he won't resurrect himself

He revealed himself in public (at Venice I think) and did mass I think, and then he had a heart attack after seeing his parents. It seemed like he died, but I guess not since there's gonna be a season 2. Maybe I just didn't get it, but it felt disappointing. It felt like everything he worked for was undone.

Why does he decide to do that?

the real tragedy is it made it look like everything he did for the church was just an afterthought compared to finding his parents

He did die, but he's going to rise again three days later.

Because he had a dream(s) about seeing his parents at Venice, and I think he was convinced that he would see them there if he revealed himself. Or at least that's the way I remember it. It's been a while since I saw it. You should watch the show, man, it's pretty good.

Yeah, that's a good point.

Kek, did Zack Snyder take over the show?

>m-muh voiello

I want season 2 to be Lenny just btfoing pedophiles and homos

great show. sorrentino did a good job selecting the soundtrack as well

>and would try to make the main character look like some evil, power hungry theocrat

Maybe he's not evil, but he's sure as hell autistic.

The show is more nuanced when it comes to characters like Voiello and Spencer than with Lenny IMO.

The whole point of the show is the character development. The story is honestly kind of bland, but Lenny has a great arc. He does it because he realizes that he can be a hardliner on theology without being an asshole on purpose.

>Ecumenical progressive
>did nothing wrong

Pick one. Spencer was right.

can or can't

Can. As in he can be conservative to the point of reactionary when it comes to church doctrine, but still smile and wave to crowds and talk about love in public. You know, sort of like Pope Francis does in real life

So did Sister Mary have a thing for Voiello and/or Dussolier?

>for Voiello
Little bit. They probably didn't bang though.
>or Dussolier
No.

Reading some American reviews for this show are hilarious. I've seen it called "pretentious", which with one word disregards an entire review, and "eurotrash". And the scene with "I'm sexy and I know it" triggered so many retards who can't understand irony. Paolo sorrentino is absolutely an auteur, he works painstakingly into all the facets of what makes a good film. I implore you to check out his other films, I just saw youth earlier this week.

*walks towards you*

Voiello did everything right.

Never heard of John Adams, but I like your top 5.

*blocks your path*

Spencer wanted to be hardcore, but was a pussy.

best show that is currently being aired