Led his team to the playoffs. Then he was treated poorly by management. Traded to other teams, shifted around...

Led his team to the playoffs. Then he was treated poorly by management. Traded to other teams, shifted around, totally forgotten. Came back to Philly because he wanted to win for this city. The starting QB gets injured, then everyone writes the team off, nobody believes in him at all, they say a loss is inevitable. Now it's the Super Bowl and people treat the Eagles losing as a foregone conclusion. But I believe in Nick Foles. He will lead this team to victory.

Other urls found in this thread:

fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-one-patriots-stat-that-eagles-fans-probably-dont-want-to-hear/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He'll play well and win but it's more about the team just being better than the Patriots and will control the line of scrimmage on both sides.

You're right. The whole team is great and will step up. I guess Im just feeling sentimental. And drunk. But I want them to win so bad. It would mean so much to this city. I know every player on this team will play their hearts out. I just feel for Nick Foles and his story.

If he wins philly their first owl he continues as the starter. No way fans will go back to wentz especially if wentz not ready by week 1

I actually think Foles will retire if he wins. Or loses.

I hope the Eagles coaches are telling their players: don't give the Pats momentum. Don't lose steam. Don't play "not to lose". Control the game. Don't make the same mistakes the Falcons or Jags did.

>starting someome that flip flops from scrub to above average over an MVP candidate

fans don't run the team.

I'm a lifelong Patriots fan, but I was rooting for Foles on the NFC side.
>Perfect passer rating in 2013
>Record 7 TD's in a single game
>27-2 INT rate, better than any single year of Aaron Rodgers

If only he was coached properly he would be the next big thing. Maybe he still has time to redeem himself.

He has the same driving force as Brady. The need to prove himself. I think this will be the game of a lifetime, and I hope whatever the outcome may be, the league gives Foles a starting chance this time.

There's just something so likable about Nick Foles. I don't know what it is. But I just want him to do well and win. He's like a hero.

this is going to sound crazy. but i think subconsciously, brady wants foles to win. again i know it sounds crazy. but i think brady sees himself in foles.

I know people are in love with wentz but he tore acl and lcl. He might never be the same MVP candidate.

I almost want them to lose just cause I feel bad for how hard Wentz is getting cucked.

Doesnt he also have the record completion percentage in the playoffs? very small sample size i know.

It makes sense if you think about it. Losing would give him a bigger reason to continue playing, to strive for another Super Bowl opportunity, which is what he really wants anyway, to keep playing.

What is the point of playing after 6 rings? It would be hard to find motivation when you realize most likely no one will ever do that again.

>MVP
>Team made the super bowl without him

and people don't realize that a perfect passer rating has only been accomplished maybe 7 times. in the history of the game.

how they could just let foles go after that, is amazing to me.

Nick Foles gives the Eagles a better chance. Really. Wentz would throw more passes put also more picks

no, everyone still knows Wentz is their guy. maybe foles balls the fuck out in the owl but Wentz is back week 1.

they should absolutely keep foles around, in case the knee injury becomes a recurring thing. I actually would have been more worried about the owl IF mvp Wentz was playing actually, he mightve gone full Brett Favre and ended the game with an int. Foles can go into conservative mode and eek out first downs like against Atlanta. We'll see

If Foles wins he's going to be a headliner for another 5-6 years. Whether on the Eagles or not. He is getting Flacco money if he wins.

Isn't Foles going to retire if he wins? That was my impression...

Not to mention Brady again, but Brady really is the perfect formula for a franchise quarterback. You want to get as close to pure passing as possible. Like Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers. Foles is a better candidate for that than Wentz. Maybe Wentz could become the next Roethlisberger but physical quarterbacks usually rarely last long.

that is if he is back week 1 a ACL tear is a long recovery

he was contemplating retirement before, because he had been cucked so hard by the league. why would he now if he'd get big money? he has a family after all

Nick has another year left on his Philly contract. I think Howie is smart enough to try and get him to stay on for at least the year, especially since Wentz could be Bradford 2.0. There's still too many questions about foles even if he wins. No one will pay Flacco money for him

Wentz showing signs of being the next Bradford.

Does this mean Wentz is a....................dare I say it............
>system babby?

If foles wasnt injured and then sent to fischer’s anti system he would have been in that rodgers-brady tier, he already throws few interceptions and has the high passer rating, dude could have been elite as fuck

Foles is good, but the Pats are known for confusing younger QBs.

Literally the stupidest shit about Brady I have ever read, newfags please fuck off. If Tom wins the game then his motivation to keep playing after 6 rings will be to get his seventh ring. Brady is a competitor, losing this owl would crush him. The only thing he hates more than losing is not being able to play. He’s not the kind of person who is going to let someone else win and say “oh well, at least I have a reason to play next year” or “oh well, I still have 5 rings.” Brady could face Garoppolo in the super bowl and he’d still want to win. Hell, he could get traded to another team and play against Bill, Edelman, Gronk, Amendola and the rest of the patriots and still want to win. Anyone who thinks Tom Brady wants anything more than to win the next game are straight up delusional

Patriots Team playoff records when facing an opponent for the first time that season, 2001-2018.

15-0. 100%.

Good luck breaking the mold Foles.

I'm 99% sure the Patriots didn't meet the Giants that same season

>losing this owl would crush him
for about an hour

After that, shit gets sour

great story but he's gonna get ass raped

Except he lives in southern California. I've played against him in pickup basketball at the 24hr fitness I go to. He's a super chill and down to earth dude. His city isn't filthadelphia.

both 2011 and 2007 pats faced giants in the regular, think before you post

Week 17, you nonce

Is Nick Foles evidence that longer hairstyles look fucking atrocious on grown men

He'd get treated like a king in philly should he win their first owl. Also the eagles drafted him. Hard to see him leaving if he wins

>expecting disgsuting bandwagoners to think at all
you lose again Cheaters lol 18-1

I should have clarified, new opponents entirely.

fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-one-patriots-stat-that-eagles-fans-probably-dont-want-to-hear/

Fun Fact: Players who won the passing title are 0-51 all time in the SB. Brady won the passing title this season

>Don't play "not to lose".
This is literally why the Falcons lost though. They kept throwing all 2nd half when if they had just ran the ball and gone 3-and-out every posession instead, they would've won.
>in field goal range
>call pass
>sacked, out of fg range
sometimes you do just wanna settle down and ride out the win

Nah, there's a LOT of money on the table for him if he wins. He can cash that in to an enormous contract in 2019. Or even sooner if he's traded and the team he lands on immediately restructures an extension to his deal to starter money.

LAHWF