Why was Days of Future Past so good but Apocalypse so fucking terrible

Why was Days of Future Past so good but Apocalypse so fucking terrible.

Was it really all Jennifer, Olivia, and Sansa's fault?

Apocalypse was better than DOFP.

No, Singer is just bad at writing anybody that isn't Wolverine.

>implying olivia did anything wrong

she barely had any dialogue and was one of the few women in the movie that didn't look like a sack of shit, fuck you son.

Go home Bryan, some 15 year old boy is waiting for you.

What was the point of DOFP if they're all dead by Logan anyway?

DoFP was kino as fuck, but I didn't hate Apocalypse nearly as much as I thought I would. It's not really a good movie, but it's not horribly bad.

>multiverse
In another reality, Logan formed the X-Men but was killed by an evil Cyclops.

Sophie Turner was really bad in this, but I think the biggest problem was that it was kind of dumb for an X-Men movie. Now I'm not saying that X-Men movies are high brow and require much thought, but they are usually a little more complex than "dude, let's just shoot a laser beam at the bad guy"

Also, retreading Wolverine's origin for the third time was unnecessary.

I think Sophie is decent, she just didn't have any good material to work with. The Phoenix scene was cool though. JLaw was fucking horrible, she basically didn't give a fuck.

>DofP
>interesting plot
>actual point to the story
>the 'big budget action is more or less restricted to the future with a majority of the storyline confined to character development

>Apocalypse
>2 hours of Magneto doing something with the earth's crust as Olivia Munn poses and Sophie tries her best to sound like a Yank

>Mystique being a focus again instead of being a villain, Jennifer Lawrence just wanting to cash out of the franchise as soon as possible.
>Magneto's motivations and people forgiving him when he keeps committing mass murder
>Trying to make a better Quicksilver scene instead of doing another sequence with another character.
>Apocalypse wasn't a good villain and the whole world ending shit has been done to death.
>Half of the horsemen were shit. I mean come on, Angel and Psylocke, couldn't they find more interesting ones to use?
>Mass effect tacticool suits instead of learning from Deadpool and embracing more comic appropriate costumes.
>Bryan Singer can't do movies anymore and his casting choices show his rampant homosexuality.

It was just bland, not good or bad. The Quicksilver scene was also really unnecessary. In DoFP they show he has to hold a person's neck for whiplash so they don't die. In Apocalypse he is grabbing people, throwing them out of windows in to water at an incredibly high speed. Completely disregarding what was established in the last film about how careful he needs to be when using his powers on other people.

80% Jlaw's fault. Her annoyed, bored, whiny, wooden, disinterested demeanor

10% the underwhelming story/plot

10% Sophie Turner

the lesser jlaw, the better

>Angel not being good for a horseman

This is BS, Angel is THE most famous horseman and the only one there that belonged

In 2011 Marvel did a storyline with Angel becoming a horseman again and it was fuckin amazing (rare for modern comics)

Days of Future Past really wasn't very good.

>hey, we're doing a X-Men film
>who is a foreign broad who is hot right now with red hair

The point of Angel's fall was his background as one of the X-Men.

This film was literally "HEY! THIS GUY HAS WINGS! UH OH!!! NOW THEY ARE METAL! EXTTTTTTTTTTTTTTREEEEEEME!!!!"

BRRRRRRAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPP

Pretty much. Singer should've followed the olivia formula and had them do as little lines as possible. Everyone else was decent but mcavoy seemed to be the only one to have been giving it his all

Please don't fuck up Dafne's movie. Please don't fuck up Dafne's movie. Please don't fuck up Dafne's movie.

just pretend they are all separate universes and its much better.

So I gave X-Men a chance and tried to watch DoFP. After 30 minutes of shit CGI and inane dialogue I gave up.

Bogpill me on X-Men. Who watches this garbage?

*massive applause*

Because Singer made Apocalypse the X-Twink movie instead. Seriously who the fuck is that Angel actor? He's a god-tier twink to be pretty fair

One thing i noticed about the Quicksilver scene though in DoFP was how he was able to listen to that song the whole time through his running scenes. Shouldnt he of only been able to listen to only like half a second of the song.

This didnt make me not like the scene or anything just something i just thought of when i was watching it again the other day.

DoFP was shit. completely wasted one of the best comic arcs.

With DoFP, they had a good comic book story that people like as a base. From there, they went and put together a really good story for their movie. They do good character work with Xavier, Magneto, and even Mystique, while also having a bad guy that's interesting and whose motivation I can understand even though he's not the main focus of it.

With Apocalypse, there's just not any really good comic book stories that people like that feature that character. That's not to say that he's a bad character, just that if I made a list of "best X-Men stories," pretty much none of the stories on that list would feature Apocalypse. When it comes to the film, they also didn't really write a very good story. The strongest stuff was maybe the early stuff with Magneto, but it gets pretty well forgotten toward the end and we never really get a meaningful conclusion to that character. Then you have the main villain, who doesn't have a really good plan or motivation we could maybe agree with.

That said, I don't hate Apocalypse. I thought it was alright. But it's not as good as DoFP. Or FC. Or Logan. It's just kind of a mediocre superhero flick where they have to stop the bad guy from making a blue light destroy the city/world.