Black Sails Finale

Now it's over, what did Sup Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pAubPxemSOg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

that i'll wait for at least the 720p version, not have to burn my eyes and humilating Black Sails wby watching the first shitty 160p stream

I've been one of the few who have always said what a great show it was. When they introduced the faggot storyline I wasn't bothered because it was a fraction of the show and wasn't brought up again. Well, it was brought up again. That's how they close the show.

Oh, remember how Flynt's a homo...kinda? Maybe Bi. I mean, Mrs. Barlow...Oh, Guess what. His once thought dead butt buddy is actually alive an we end the show with a big fat faggot reunion and Flynt gave up his war to live happily ever ass fucking on a plantation after.

Fuck this fucking show for wasting my fucking time with this shitty writing. Wasted potential. Yes, I am incredibly mad.

Are you fucking serious? Glad I stopped at the end of Season 3

Hopefully Outlander season 3 won't be a clusterfuck (it will be)

Any ties with Treasure Island? Does Jim Hawkings have a cameo?

Haven't seen season 4 yet.

Is it worth watching?

There is literally nothing wrong with it whatsoever. They built up to having Hamilton back for the whole season and then it was a great payoff and a satisfying conclusion to Flint's character (unless you've read TI).

No

Yes

No.

Flynt drops the war and lives queerly ever after with Thomas, who is magically still alive living on some secret prison plantation

Billy washes up on Skeleton island, marooned

All the pirates sign a treaty with the old hag Guthrie, giving back Nasau

Woodes Rogers gets jail for debt

They make it seem like John Silver and the negress weren't going to get together, but NOPE, they got back together

Featherstone is now the fake governor and Max is secretly in charge of Nassau

Then it cuts to Jack waxing poetic to a woman who is dressed like a man "Mike" Read. This is Mary Read, to team up with Jack and Anne to continue to pirate for the government to mess with shipping costs or some shit. It ends with Jack settling on the Jolly Roger flag. That's it.

It was fucking shit.

I'm a bit behind, but yeah so far it's good.

Well we knew there was more to Thomas' fate than what was let on back on season 2 so they had to tie up that loose end somehow.

As for Silver, him and his wife were still alive in Treasure Island so...

the show ends with a gay reunion, an interracial relationship, a strong black woman in charge, and a 3-way with a tranny, a confused dyke, and a smug cuck upset about the design of his flag. thanks, starz. thanks a lot

Well that sounds kind of by the numbers... Not bad but utterly predictable, which is a shame considering they had to opportunity to do something truly special by linking the current story line to the novel

Predictable is bad. I would have rather they went dark with it and had every pirate get killed off than what I just watched.

did you cry, Sup Forums? i did :')

Historically, Rackham did design the Jolly Roger. And in Treasure Island, Long John Silver did have a black wife. It's hard to get pissy about things that were a foregone conclusion before the show aired.

holy shit the 2012 treasure island is complete shit compared to the 1972 one

is the new ep up on coke and popcorn?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........nootka

>mfw Black Sails Finale

>max doesnt die

why should best girl die

Everything that went wrong on Nassau is all her fault

Seeing Jack kick some fucking ass was awesome.
Shame Max lived, and that it looks like they'll play out the end of his tail historically. Doesn't make sense since he's so based in this show.
I loved Flint vs Billy, too.
Really loved it.

>His once thought dead butt buddy is actually alive an we end the show with a big fat faggot reunion and Flynt gave up his war to live happily ever ass fucking on a plantation after.
Look, I mean, when you put it like that it sounds dumb. But

It's actually worse since i'm not sure flint wasn't indentured along side thomas.

I saw Flint get walked in and plantation owner was handed money but he was walked in there with chains..

and unless i'm mistaken, it would take a lot of gold to get thomas out of there, more than that little bag that he was handed, so i'm thinking he sold his buddy into slavery which seems kind of hilarious.

The funniest part is Silver didn't understand why his woman wanted the war, while her entire kind were enslaved all throughout the hemisphere. And in the end he was the coward that gave in.

Since Jack is still going to end up getting hanged..that means Vane was still best boy in the end, even Rodgers received an ignoble fate.

I do kind of feel sorry for Flint fans though, either slave ass pirates or just ass pirates ending has to really suck.

but cheer up my fellows. Eleanor is still dead.

>Watching Black Sails past the "butt pirate" episode
>Posting in a Black Sails thread after the finale
You are all a bunch of cock suckers

I never watched it for flint in first place user, just because you liked the fag doesn't make it my issue.

More like Black FAILS amirite guys?

The speech between Flint and Silver was one of the better pieces of acting that I've ever seen, I was even moved a little. I dislike both of the characters. So that should tell you even if the outcome was not what you wanted, the piece had moment between the notes.

So Silver was the bad guy in all of this after all. Fucking weakling coward. Even the guy that gets plowed in the ass every night is less of a fag than Silver.

It's Flint you fuckstick.

>who is magically still alive living on some secret prison plantation

It's not random though. It was foreshadowed in each season. Why do you think his father was traveling across the goddamn ocean around that part of America/the Caribbean if not to visit his son? This was planned from the start, nothing 'magically' about it.

Not to mention they said the plantation was in Savannah which should of raised flags among people who have read treasure island because that's where Flint is said to have died in the novel.

Fantastic ending, better than I anticipated and that's always nice. Sweet closure all round. Throwing in Mary Read at the end felt like a serious rusing though.

>*describes a war*
>Follows up with THAT IS NOT A WAR

Seriously thought Jack was going to die when he started fighting rodgers. Wew boy.

Same here. Jack is the gift that keeps on giving.

>John Silver sells Flint into slavery
>This is a happy ending

Flint's closure felt forced yes, I know it's been foreshadowed and cheesy. Also, dat kiss.
But the ending, with Jack's Jolly Roger design being presented put a smile on my face.

>That end
YAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS

SLAYYYYYYYYYY
#Love Wins

Wow I know Mary Read was ugly but damn she was fucking horrendous.

>mfw unironically the greatest gay love story in recent Sup Forums memory
ain't even mad

What is it with Starz and well written faggotry? Spartacus had it too.

>tfw Pirate kino is over

Faggot stuff ruined the great writing and muh independent womyn to. Even though I have nothing againts faggots or independent womans it just doesn't fit the time.

There are of course exceptions like Anne but Max should've been dead if not the plot armour protecting such a unbearable character.

We should've seen Max die and instead of Thomas whe should had Barlow. Flint never should've been gay to begin with.

Now I want a spin off

why still no torrents

Gay kino

thanks for the heads up. I actually started watching S1E1 today on Netflix but I am gonna drop it. I dont want to watch fucking faggots.

Probably because they actually write the fag characters and their faggotry is woven in the story instead of "yeah well this dude is also gay" because we have to have a gay dude somewhere

Fag fag faggity faggot fag!

truly a connoisseur of television right here

you know it. also, I am a connoisseur of your mom. and kino.

Episode 10 isn't out though?

WEW

>As Jack tells the story of Nassau to Mary Read, my favourite soundtrack of the series is being played by the tavern band in the background
>youtube.com/watch?v=pAubPxemSOg
>First played in the series when Flint and Gates were sailing off to hunt the Urca

it is, just no HD

Poor Rodgers. They really humiliated him and destroyed everything about the real life character.

Where is that torrent? It's not yet up on any of my private trackers

>go from a comfy pirate adventure to "every successful man has a super-intelligent woman behind him: the show"
>Flint just gives everything up to go buttfuck his boyfriend
>Silver's gf leaves him only to come back a few minutes later
Well at least the first couple of seasons were alright.

what? he was badass and defeated blackbeard in the show.

and the real rodgers was imprisoned for debt

>be in love with someone for years
>they are torn away from you and you lose everything
>your life spirals out of control
>spend a decade living the life of the man you would have hated
>have a chance to turn back everything and be reunited with loved one
>"actually nah the guys on Sup Forums will call me a fag"

found out at xtrator

He didn't invite the Spanish into Nazair in reality, he successfully defended it from Spamish destruction despite lack of supplies and refusal from the UK to send aid.

He did not get his ass kicked by pirates and forced to sign a deal favouring the pirates.

He did get jailed for his debt upon his return to London, but in the time he was in London he managed to write a book that became a bestseller before being jailed. It wasn't a secret ploy to ensure his absolute and final defeat.

His rule as governor was well enough for him to be able to return as governor once he got of jailed. The show portrayed him as absolutely hated by the people.

>you and your wife lead an impassioned war against slavery
>sell your best friend, who is also a prominent figure in this war, to a slave owner
>this is closure

>gay end
>real power bullshit

So ah, did no one notice this does not lead into treasure island?
What happened with the chest? What happened between Silver and Flint on the island that made the keep the chest there? Why does Billy have the map to the chest that Flint was taking them too? Wtf? How does Silver know Billy is alive, and with the map to the chest he could have easily gotten but didn't?

Like, I can excuse the bullshit gay end and independent minority power bullshit, but at least make this fit with Treasure Island for fuck's sake.

They even probably planned to having Hamilton back for the whole series, like they planned from the start they make Flint fag. Then it seemed they saw the reactions on s2e5 and they showed him loving Miranda more in season 3.
And now from out of the blue they went back to faggotry inthis season. When they first mentioned in the conservation of Max and LJS, it was already written in stone that this will be the end.

Too bad.

Mark Read was a nice joke tho

>Flint never should've been gay to begin with.
only a degenerate mind can think out like that, making one of the most famous kidbooks feared character to a faggot

>When they first mentioned in the conservation of Max and LJS, it was already written in stone that this will be the end.
That was quite obvious, I just expected LJS to use it earlier than that.

But let's face it the show was full of stupid little flaws that made no sense. Overall it was still enjoyable. I guess I wasn't bothered by the gayflint fact as much as some where. I mean aside from revealing it they never really shoved it into our faces like they usually do with this shit.

So obviously being like a prologue fan fiction to Treasure Island it is weird that the end setting doesn't really fit to lead into it. I would've expected them to make a follow up show since this one was successful I think.

Man that was incredibly unsatisfying, for all of the Pirates and their allies, to have a good end while their opponents all got the bad end.

Doesn't sit well with me at all. Doesn't feel authentic or earned. I would've preferred an ending that was more faithful to the source material, or one that's at least more ambiguous.

Everyone living happily ever after just seems like bullshit.

but it's such a horrible writing, forcing this faggot agenda.
Even if they want this.... Flint was aroused by Hamilton by his ideas, not because he liked butts. Now wtf will they do? Big pirate captain loving a fucking peasant hamilton on the plantfields? Why would Flint respect him now?
Also, he killed his parents xDDD so Hamilton shouldn't love him so much either by now

yeah, ragecry, how they ruined this series

>"yeah well this dude is also gay" because we have to have a gay dude somewhere
on the otherhand Noah Hawley in Legion made all that obligatory token shit on one single character, in the very last episode (faggot, have black kid, disabled)

will she find another role?

I DON'T WANT IT TO BE OVER

kys you fucking loser.

bitch bitch bitch, that's all you fucking faggots do.

Yes, but if you read TI, you would know that what Flint said to Silver on the hill ends up being true.

we will never see him ever again

>tfw flint looked so much better with hair
>tfw you will never see him with long hair again

It was SHIT.

Literally reading the book made for children.
In a reality where everything gets an edgy remake this is the most useless and pathetic one yet.
Kids today will flock to this shit version which is sad.
Even the muppet version was better.
Despite that you still have edge lords claiming it's good because tits and violence.

It's not hard to tell the show was created for complete baysplosion transformers nascar loving buffoons.
Thank god it's over.

Go back to reading your comicbooks, little boy.

At the beginning of the show when Captain Morgan shows up looking for a prisoner for Silver, I thought they were looking for Billy Bones.

I feel like this was a rare case where "they all lived happily ever after" was a creative and subversive ending

The entire series and especially the final season have this mounting sense of dread about the last downfall of the pirates and you watch to the final expecting them to disappear into murders and executions like Vane and Blackbeard did

And then at the end everything gets so fucking bright

Also are they saying Jack's pudgy friend ended up marrying Max? Because if so, that poor, lucky bastard.

Is this show anti-british yankee propaganda?

>well written faggotry

Nope.

>In a reality where everything gets an edgy remake this is the most useless and pathetic one yet.
lol no. Pirates, with sharp swords, cannons, guns, robbing ships, killing people don't have to be edgy? then what should if not this?

the only shit part is still the forced faggotry agenda. As you sade, it was a book made for children. Now this is for kids in puberty to write in their brain "be not ashamed" (for being a faggot, being a faggot is normal, you should also do it! ) ?!

>Flint never left Skeleton Island

Long John Silver tells stories. Believable stories. It's all he's about.

Flint is dead.

It's been a long time. Where exactly?

It was trash, go back to your /who/ general

after the recap, before the main theme

>Long John Silver tells stories. Believable stories. It's all he's about.
>Flint is dead.
I also had this feeling. The scenes of him meeting up with Thomas had this weird way they were portrayed. If Flint had actually survived they would've shown the result on the island itself.

>the only shit part is still the forced faggotry agenda. As you sade, it was a book made for children. Now this is for kids in puberty to write in their brain "be not ashamed" (for being a faggot, being a faggot is normal, you should also do it! ) ?!
You're lowering the collective IQ of this board to unseen depths.

Yeah, He killed Flint and made up the story.

Oh I thought you were talking about like in an earlier season.

That was just a followup to the discussion Silver and Max had earlier this season about that place and London prominent families sometimes using it to vanish their unwanted members.

It's just that at the beginning to Treasure Island, Silver is hunting down Billy Bones for the location of the treasure, I thought Ben Gunn was the only one marooned on skull island.

>mfw so many people are literally being rused by Silver

This is what he's for I guess.

I was angry when he died

Did he ever say a word in the show? Or was it all glaring with a nod?

In this ending Billy is the one marooned and nobody has any idea where the actual treasure is.

Which is part of what people were so disappointed about with this ending.

He truly exceeded what even Billy expected of him.

Pretty sure Gunn was there also, he was in the water last episode and Billy didn't shoot him.

He never talked, we only got a few grunts

spinoff when?

He was on the ship in the last episode.

the captain is a fag.
it was unnecessary, shoehorned and killed the show for me, and i am happy that for a lot of people too.
go watch flash now, i heard that Cisco will eat some dick next season, enjoy your fan tier gay fiction that will flop like always it does.

not an argument, faggot