Now that the dust has settled, what's the consensus on this flick? I personally enjoyed it, mainly for the action...

Now that the dust has settled, what's the consensus on this flick? I personally enjoyed it, mainly for the action. It was decent.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GWqTj-LuXCs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Better than TFA

Production design is next level, really good. But the boring af first 2/3's barely justify the cool shit at the end.

Best film of the franchise to date. Loved the CGI characters and how it seamlessly ties in the A New Hope. It was wicked.

A lot better than TFA.

Me personally, I loved this movie.

Way better than Ep.7. I mean it's embarassing how much better it is.

I loved it! As a long time star wars fan it was great to see all the best parts of star wars in one film. X-wings, tie-fighters, AT-ATs, the force. They even show R2 and C3PO which was hilarious.

Non-stop rollercoaster ride of awesomeness. And the fucking ending, Darth Vader going HAM on those rebels! I'm surprised they never showed it before but it was so worth it.

Best star wars film.

Not terrible, probably the best Star Wars prequel but worse than Force Awakens and not even in the same ballpark as any movie in the original trilogy.

shoo shoo

AT ST
AT-ST
AT-ST

5 > 4 > 6 > R1 > 3 > 7 > 2 > 1

Only new one actually worthy of being compared to the OT. I personally think it's better than Jedi as a whole. If I was Abrams I'd want to kill myself after seeing R1 because of how disgustingly better than 7 it is.

Less aggravating and therefore better than TFA

This.
After watching the force awakens blunder I kept postponing rogue one.
While it's not a masterpiece I was pleasantly surprised.

Personally? I love it probably the best star wars film ever, possibly the best film ever, Star Wars and cinema as a whole has now peaked, everything else is just trash compared to this masterpiece.

The ending is 10/10

best star wars flick to date

hollywood should do this kill-all-the-protagonists-at-the-end thing more often

5>4>7>R1>6>3>1>2

ftfy

JJ pls go and stay go

really should be viewed as a deconstruction of a star wars film

avant garde as fuck

Just saw Rogue One. And just like TFA, Disney displayed cowardice, misunderstanding and pandering to the SW franchise.

Everything in the film, from audiovisual cues, to dialouge to even bizzarely putting in deceased actors as CGI is made for the strict purpose to give this Chinese fake a geniune Star Wars touch. And just like the CGI characters they insist on, it comes off as forced, cheap and cowardly.

Disney has again and again shown that they simply do not understand what made Lucas' Star Wars great. It's not the space ships. It's not the sound effects. It's not the jedi. It's an imaginative world that constantly treats to you new memorable characters, locations and scenes. It's the sense of a Greek epic set in space, not of Marvel set in space.

Disney simply does not want to do what is neccessary. Because being imaginative also means being risky. And Disney and risky is like oil and water. They will never commit to it. They will instead rather ape Lucas than actually seek to transcend him. That's what will impress legions of idiot fanboys and normal moviegoers who pride themselves on being "nerdzz".

The scene between Vader and the commander displays this all too well. Look how hard Disney attempts to mimic Lucas' Vader. His steps. His gestures. His manners. All strictly following what Lucas has already shown us, and nothing more. That's it. They don't dare do more because they simply do not understand Vader. Eventually you could see through the cracks of the fake, the mask being cheap and the voice being off and also lines that are way out of character. (be careful not to force on your aspirations, really?). The moment they stepped out of their comfortable space, they immediately wronged. That's how sad Disney is.

Me personally, I loved it.

Terrible first 2/3rds. I was bored during a star wars movie and Episode 1 and 2 exist. The movie had a weak middle. Ep 1 had Pod Race ep 2 had Kamino at least. The movie picks up at scarif and even then the damage is done because i don't care about any of the characters at all. The movie was fun to see classic x-wings and ties go at it but that's it. Some good shots, decent main character and vader were highlights but that's it. The movie did not need to exist because I think it ruins the magic of Original Star Wars. The death star having a tiny hole in it was never a plot hole needed to be filled, it was symbolic that something so big and mighty can be taken out by something so small. They were too big to fall. Having someone put it in on purpose is dumb because if I knew the lead designer of my super death laser was a traitor all along and sabotaged it, why the fuck would I go through with using it?

I hate how modern films do space battles, this is no exception. Really killed it for me. Otherwise it wasn't too bad. Some of the accents were a little jarring but they did nods to the OT with the mainly white male pilots etc.

But yeah, the space scenes all felt plastic and shit. I fucking hate modern CGI. It's like the blur everything on purpose.

They do blur everything on purpose.

Legitimately awful movie. The first 2/3 are irredeemably bad and then the ending is pretty much how all big action movies can be expected to go down lately.

Terrible ranking

5 > 4 > 6 > 1 > 3 > R1 > 7 > 2

more or less like TFA but I liked it more than TFA. Bunnyfu's acting was terrible though

Way darker than any disney childrens movie should be. And it had some serious flaws. But overall it was enjoyable.

5 = 6 > 4 > R1 > 7 > 3 > 2 > 1

Made me really want a Darth Vader movie set directly after ROtS.

First 2/3 is boring schlock and the last 1/3 is pure, unadulterated Star Wars kino - which automatically makes it better than the prequels and TFA.

Rogue One > Force Awakens

I went in thinking a movie with the Death Star AGAIN would be boring, but the way they used it, and seeing it from the surface looking so ominous was very impressive

I liked Cassim, and Jyn way more then Ray. Jyn had flaws, she wasn't an amazing pilot and force wielder, just an average shot with a blaster and knew Saw from her childhood

She wasn't a Mary Sue

Krennic was sexy as fuck

I was more impressed with Darth Vaders Star Destroyer suddenly appearing then I was with his hallway killing though

Calm down, not gonna bait anyone with that.

5>RO>4>3>6>7>1>2

PLEASE STOP MEMING, WITH BAD SETUP THERE IS NO EMOTIONAL WEIGHT TO THE FINAL CONFRONTATION. YOU ARE EITHER A PARROT OR A FANBOY, WHO WILL "LIKE" ANYTHING WITH LIGHTSABERS AND LASERS.

*squeak*

>unironically posting with a trip

reddit is that way -->

6/10 movie, almost a film, but certainly better than a flick.

I liked how ballsy it was, you wouldn't expect a disney picture to kill all the good guys like that. But, like other anons have mentioned, the first 2 acts are pretty dull in comparison to the last 1/3.

S P A C E N A M

Only watched it a couple of days ago, was very good. First half dragged quite a bit, but was still enjoyable. Last half and set piece battle was worth the price of admission alone.

Still can't remember how the two chinks got involved with the team. They were in the same prison as them and suddenly that makes them part of the team? I understand they were temple guardians with no temple to guard. They just jumped on the ship during the escape frmo the prison and there was no acknowledgement of them joining, frmo what I recall.

this

but this movie gave you a greek epic set in space

the fuck is wrong with you nigger

Nope, Sup Forums is for asuka, moot said so himself. And asuka is about rejecting instrumentality, and tripposting is rejecting instrumentality.

Anonposting is Rei posting, Rei posting is reddit posting.

this is true. add in the whole "may the force be with you" cliche that is repeated by nearly every rebel character in the movie, which is really strange and out of place in a universe where "the force" is supposed to be some archaic and dead religion. really takes away the mythos of the first movie where Luke and Han's only knowledge of the force are seemingly old wives tales. it doesn't help disney that Lucas himself is a hack who aped his own works and constantly tried to recreate his success by re-using the same old tired formula in order to sell more toys.

In the end, it all comes back to the original trilogy, and on closer analysis, while being a visual masterpiece, is quite overrated and takes all of it's storytelling from true kino films

My god, the faggotry.

Very experimental, very cool post

6.5/10, enjoyable for the end.

The worst part of the film were his main characters who were mostly quite forgetful and underdeveloped. The only characters that have had any significant development were Jyn Erso and Cassian Andor, which are to some extent had some development, but they were not characters that I have too much care, as is the case with the rest of the team. Probably the worst figure I was Chirrut Imwe which consisted only of repeating "I am the one with Force, the Force is with me" and not doing anything else. Yes, he had that scene where they beat him with a Stormtrooper, but even there he had to save his friend Bases Malbus. The new droid K-2 SO is through a good part of the movie was terribly hard and relied on a joke that was not funny the first time, let alone the 20th time when it was delivered, he seemed like a poor replacement for the C-3POa and R2- D2a. Pilot empire, Bodhi Rook, like the rest of the team, was wasted potential with which it could be done, but the final result is quite unsatisfactory. The main villain was also pretty bad. In these 133 minutes duration film could have at least a little to put the focus on the development of the characters, the relationships between Jyn and Cassiano and their potential romance which occurred near the end. They were supposed to give us a better insight into the friendship Chirruta and bases and their history together as the guard of one of the remaining Jedi temple. K-2SOa do more useful as it was at the very end, and not to use it as a pathetic comic relief who repeats one and the same joke that is not even funny. They were to investigate Bodhi better dilemmas that occurred to him during the service of the Empire and its relationship with Galen. So I wish the audience care for the characters, but not to kill at the end of undeveloped characters which either do not know much, let alone that we have a reason for them to complain.

As with the characters, not just not well explored dilemmas that appeared in the film, for example. Whether to follow orders even though you know they are wrong, etc.

Another quite striking shortcoming is the level of writing, especially as far as the dialogue, which was pretty average, but in certain moments and a lot of bad. Examples of this would be a sentence when Leia says that they hope to send or when characters often repeat "Riots are built on hope!" acting so shabby and could be written much better than what they were, not to destroy the effect that could have. Movie and a lot depends on the original trilogy, having never devoted time to the audience present the Force and brief them explain, although the characters throw it every chance they get, such as Lucas made with Obi Wan in ANH-in in which about 15 seconds. There are one sentence when Jyn says he likes to think that her father was dead, which operated as quite shabby and could have been said differently without losing its meaning.

I do not know why people are praising CGI as if it was the best ever seen, when a pretty solid but nothing too praiseworthy. The same goes for the direction which has been above average.

2/3

Rabbits don't go *squeak*

The best part of the film is slightly Vader's cameo who stole the film, specifically his cameo near the end when cutting the Rebels while they scream in agony. That moment when you hear his breathing and when it comes on his lightsaber and see it I was truly excellent and worthy of the hype he received. The scene when he said Krennicu "Do not choke on your aspirations, Admiral" was in the style of Vader's character, but how he did not really. They were supposed to make the scene so that Vader had not turned when it is choked but he was constantly held back facing because it is in the style of a true Vader that fans love so much. Basically, it is quite ok scene. The last third of the film was quite solid and fun. Battles were quite well made, especially the space that looked great, but I would not say that is a bit different from previous films SW as far as seriousness because he believes Empire there was much more successful. I must also mention that I liked as in the film put the Hammerhead, since I'm a big fan of TOR era which is also the best part of the SW universe.

Overall, the RO was okay movie, but utterly unnecessary, and the final product is extremely forgetful and not something that people will remember that years pass. Something more original than TFA, but not something exaggerated quality. If you are already planning a serious war SW movie, they could easily adapt Madalorian wars that are much better suited for such a topic. I'd give him some 5/10 to end.

3/3, for awful english blame google translator.

nobody seems to care, the masses eat it up. Disney seems to be right, they want to make money and dumb monkeys pay to see it.
I'm not really angry about it, I just see myself growing out of this society

I literally just watched this.

Average at best, I don't understand the praise it gets here. TFA had many flaws but I liked Kylo enough to get me invested. I didn't care about anybody in this movie. There were characters that seemed like they could be interesting (Donnie Yen and his friend) but we never really learned anything about them. Jyn dominated the movie and felt really out-of-place as the "leader" since her particular usefulness was only that the terrorist leader trusted her. If she joins the rebels that's fine, but her giving speeches to the rebel command the "inspiring the troops" felt incredibly forced and awkward, that should have been Cassian.

Krellic felt like he was literally just his character from DKR. That character worked in that movie because there was a main villain in Bane, but as the main villain he was completely non-threatening. Also that Vader line was garbage.

Also, it felt like they totally blew the emotional opportunity they had with the license to kill everybody. Like, minigun guy dies and they immediately cut to space battle without any emotional impact. For killing all of the main characters it didn't feel sad at all, and I mainly blame the editing for that.

I have even less desire to rewatch this movie than I do for TFA or Episodes 1 and 2. It really felt like a shitty spinoff film that doesn't matter and used the Star Wars setting as a crutch, rather than a cool stand-alone story in this universe.

Could have been better:

youtube.com/watch?v=GWqTj-LuXCs

Reminds me of aspie kids trying to be funny. I seriously hope you are underage.

Funny that the most developed character in the movie was Krennic

*squark loudly*

'Memba Stah Wars?
'Memba X-Wings?
'Memba AT-ATs?
'Memba TIE Fighters?
I 'memba.

That being said, I thought it was a good movie, and it was fun to slip back into the comfy GFFA.

I'd make her squeak loudly of you know what I mean

As if that'd be hard

I think the cameo by the droids and the guys from the tatooine bar were cringe as fuck but I don't get the complaints about the vehicles.
They're war machines, standard issue. The setting is during war. What were they supposed to do? Make new units for every engagement?

Only a little worse than VI on my rankings, a decent flick. They did a great job nailing down that original trilogy aesthetic which is what really mattered to me.

Stop promoting yourself already.

I kinda wish there was more of that robot (I forget his name like every other character in the movie). He reminded me of HK-47 from Kotor.

complete shit

>bad acting
>bad music
>bad pacing
>bad dialogue
>people say it's the best because of muh vader

pathetic. this is why star wars fans are the worst

It was a fun movie as Star Wars should be, it doesn't take it self too seriously, the humor lands without it feeling forced and the action was top notch. The only real downside is that the characters were a little bland.

you're exactly right. that scene with vader made me think the same thing. these movies are made by people who grew up watching star wars as fans, the new movies are just fanfiction.

I am okay with this.jpg

only exists to justify Rebels, not reinforce a New Hope like it should have

Complete Cast Annihilation KINO. Movie was really good. Ghost in the Shell sucked dick.

>you will never give Felicity Jones an enema and watch her emptying her bowels on your chest afterwards

A little better than TFA, but that's not saying much.

leave felicity alone sicko

The music was definitely forgettable. I wish Michael Giacchino would stop doing Star Wars.

Unironically the worst star wars ever made.

very cool

it was pretty bad. completely forgettable.

it was really bad

Nah 7 is shittier, at least RO took a few risks even if they were hamfisted as fuck

Better than the nostalgia-bait horseshit that was TFA, but best watched on mute. It was visually amazing and truly looked and felt like the original Star Wars in scope and scale, but lacked character and personality

First half was pretty badly done and you could tell the reshoots and editing hurt it.

Second half was way better once they got to the action scenes. First time in a Star Wars film where it felt like there was actually a goddamn battle going on that wasn't cheaply made.

It was pretty eh to me overall. I still thought TFA was better then it, but I get the feeling it will be the better spinoff star wars film judging on the direction they are taking the Han Solo film.

>flick
b8
>not likeing that kino opening