Zardoz

So I expected this to be silly and bad, but it actually was pretty incredible. Basically, all the tropes common to 70's scifi (Logan's Run, A Boy and His Dog, etc) very competently stitched together into a compelling and thought provoking story.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-nC2TFGymBo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

THE PENIS IS EVIL

the ending is le'cîneqamisó

>the ending is a shameless ripoff of The Prisoner (1968)

I don't know how well the subbing system works for Youtube, and if this'll be in the reach of English-speakers, but a French Youtuber had this sweet video exploring its themes.

youtu.be/-nC2TFGymBo

It's an amazing film, and it has much more going on in it than I thought it would I watched it in a stream with a couple other Sup Forums users a little bit ago and I was really impressed and enjoyed it a lot. It's too bad that mindless lemmings can't look past Connery's mankini because it really is a beautiful amazing film. It's a real case of 2deep4most.

Plus all those hot 70's naked women and Rampling in her prime being sexy as fuck, goddamn the movie is worth it for them alone let alone actually being good visually and in story.

the hell is this outfit anyway? whose idea was that?

It's future fashion, you wouldn't get it.

i loved the premises it touches on, the movie itself isn't horrible, but really you could skip right to the end and get the gist, that's why it's mostly a considered a poor film

Bump.

BASED BOORMAN

Excalibur also rules.

Probably seen it 6 or 7 times. Great film.

>He made Exorcist 2 after this

Where the fuck did he go so wrong and why the hell did they hire him in the first place? Not only should there not have been a sequel but he was the absolute worst choice to direct it. Boorman is great but that movie is a fucking disaster.

This man was a sex symbol and every woman wanted to be his cum slave
let that sink in for a moment

>Boorman called Boyhood trash

OUR FELLA

I liked it a lot. But I like Boorman's The Exorcist 2, so maybe I'm just hungry for his cock?

What is there to sink in? Just because you little shits throw up at the sight of a little bit of hair like the asexual faggots you are doesn't mean the rest of the world is like you.

Unsurprising, Sean Connery only does films with good scripts.

It's a good movie if you saw the director's cut. The t-cut is a fucking joke. They forced lots of changes before it went into theatres. The jerks.

The D-Cut isn't the best thing ever, but it's a good movie. I like that it didn't just retread the first movie like so many other sequels do.

nice projection there faggot
who cares about the hair, hell I have chest and shoulder hair myself
His face is really ugly, body is no prize either

He had a great body. These days everyone in the movie industry is a fucking dickless bodybuilder. His voice and personality/boyish charm is what girls found attractive about him the most.

He had that smirk and twinkle in his eyes that would have made me suck his dick, even as an old dude.

No homo.

>Turned down the roles of Morpheus and Galdalf with huge backend deals that would have made him over $500mil because he "didn't understand the scripts"
>Starred in Zardoz

How? He also told Apple to get fucked way back in the day because he didn't understand computers.

>boorman is making Point Blank
>the studio realize he's on drugs/insane so they send a psychiatrist to the set to stop him

I like the movie but I wonder what it would have been like without studio interference .

The 1970s was the best decade for film, wasn't it? Yeah, the 80s produced some great action movies, but the seventies was when Hollywood peaked, you could make a big money FILM (not just a "flick" but an honest to God piece of CINEMA) about just about anything you wanted. I mean how the hell could Zardoz have gotten made in any other decade?

The 70s were based, but a LOT of shitty movies were made in that decade too.

The mid to late 60s to the mid 70s was the peak imho. So many good late 60s movies.

ZARDOZ SPEAKS TO YOU

>thought provoking story
>THE PENIS IS BAD THE GUN IS GOOD

ok kiddo

>mfw you realize Zed is Hitler and the tabernacle is the jew

1973 was the end of the film decency laws and when people would actually boycott theaters that showed filth.
directors really had complete freedom to do what they wanted and unleashed a lot of creativity.
This leads to Lucas wanting to do a throwback and making Star Wars which was a huge hit
this leads to the 80s which was a combination of uncensored 70s mixed with mainstream star wars block buster sensibilities which created the 80s action explosion
this died down to the 90s and now we get teen shit for chinks...very sad