LOTR pure kino scenes

>that scene where the Mumakils charge Theoden's line
>the quiet before the ominous pounding of the drums in the distance, camera cutting from Theoden's face to see the creatures on thw horizon
>the tired look on Theoden's face turned to resolve when calling the charge
>the camera pull out as you see them go head on towards the Mumakil line
>shot trackes their increased pace as they rumble through ranks of orcs
>that intense as fuck camera zoom as the two armies meet and then finally
>crash
>next three minutes of straight carnage, no music, only the roars of war beasts and steel
Holy fuck this scene makes me so goddamn hard

Also, we need a comfy LOTR thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6_XIvq-_9Nc&t
youtube.com/watch?v=132WIdxvgdo
youtu.be/__N7mt5Clwg
youtube.com/watch?v=sMCXrlxkhx0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

*tracks

That was one of the first movie theater experiences I had that still sticks with me. The loud stomps, the chanting, and that horn were just perfect.

I don't think there ever has been a scene with such a technical level in fantasy as this one. Movie is over a decade old and this still looks fantastic. I usually cringe at calling shit kino, but fucking hell this was kino.

comfy

Damn, cgi is aging like milk

That cgi still looks good...why are you lying?

Idk why nobody is bumping a comfy LOTR thread :/ haven't seen one in days.

>tfw there will never be another fantasy movie as comfy as Fellowship
It's been 16 years lads....

heres a free bump and some art

16 years...damn. I remember seeing this scene in theaters. It really was an experience. Not many films are. People legit clapped. I have only seen ppl clap for three movies in my life

Another Nasmith? I prefer Alan Lee's work tbqhf

>listening to movie podcasts talking about Lotr
>they definitely did some interesting stuff with it...though there are definitely problematic elements with regard to ethnicity and race
I try to listen to as many sides as I can but this shit is hard to swallow. That this would be the takeaway from such a masterpiece of a trilogy

You must be going out of your way to find those types of podcasts. I literally have never seen them.

most movie podcasts talk about identity politics and filling quoatas and shit and they're on the side that wants more inclusion etc every time. These podcasts often feature people who write for places like hollywood reporter and vanity fair etc etc.

The one I listen to in particular is Slashfilmcast where they brough this up.

Played this last night with a couple of friends. Absolutely GOAT.
>tfw footage from the movies merge into based cutscenes

It's honestly depressing. It's been almost a century since LotR was published, and we haven't seen a single work that was able to touch it since. JRRT spent so much time creating the most immersive and believable world, full of cultures and languages with such unbelievable depth and sophistication. It'll probably be another century before we see someone of that caliber again, and another several decades before that someone has their work adapted to film.

imagine how the Hobbit's cgi will look in five years

Again, I think you are going out of your way to find podcasts that apparently trigger you. I have rarely seen what you are complaining about. Maybe there is one out there. But it's not well-known. You may just think everyone is talking about identity politics in LOTR.

Unpopular opinion here on Sup Forums, but SJWs are really only prevelent on Twitter or other websites and blogs and if you know of examples by name, you went out of your way to find them and if you think it's more of an "epidemic" you probably create boogeyman for yourself and already have shit-tier beliefs in the first place that makes you angry at things most people don't even care to think about.

Like tbqhf, I have never meet a normal person who gave a shit about the races of fictional characters for instance. It's usually either SJWs or lowkey racists who do.

>When you unlock Faramir and play Osgiliath and Cirith Ungol
>when you unlock gandalfs top missile and its just a ball of blinding white light that evaporates 12 orcs.

Fuck I miss that game.

You know you can kill all the orcs in Cirith Ubgal gate? My brother and I wiped them all out to the point of no more respawns for them. Just to see what happens

as I said I listen to other podcasts too which are not like that at all, but they're not really the mainstream ones attached to a news site.
Thing is I've listened to it for a long time so I really enjoy the hosts but it's made up of a chinese american dude, an indian-american dude and a white guy. And they just jump at any opportunity to talk about this stuff. Or another example with the handmaiden where they brought on a woman as a guest to get the "female perspective" and the men on the podcast were bending over backwards saying how uncomfortable they were with the male gaze and the fact that the movie was directed by a man which meant that they were feeling like they were taking part in a male fantasy, meanwhile the girl had no problem with it and wondered why they were so stuck up on it.
And you can tell that the white dude never really has a big issue with it but he treads sooo lightly and tries to squeeze in the mildest excuse for it and it's just such a big indication of people censoring themselves in fear of upsetting anyone.
>and if you know of examples by name, you went out of your way to find them
hell no I started reading their site years ago because I wnated film news and I found their podcast that way. I think most people who write for film news sites in hollywood are like this.

*Ungal

youtube.com/watch?v=6_XIvq-_9Nc&t

LOTR KEKS BTFO

>comedians taking the piss out of something
Yeah mate, I'm on suicide watch

their weird beef with lotr always bothered me

First off, why do you care so much? Secondly, have you seen The Handmaiden? Why the fuck wouldn't you want a female perspective on lesbianism in films like this? That's like, a prime example of where a female perspective makes the most sense..

Are you baiting me?

*Ungol

you guys just dont get the art of films. ricky and stephe however are professionals. so please, shut up.

I don't get it. Why don't they like it? because "nerds" like it?

(you)

Truly mein negger

I meant the Southern Gate level, oops

Ah, right

>I think most people who write for film news sites in hollywood are like this.
Literally what a projection is

>Secondly, have you seen The Handmaiden?
Yes.
>Why the fuck wouldn't you want a female perspective on lesbianism in films like this?
It's a fine idea. The point is how the regular hosts have eaten up all the identity politics and expect every woman to have these problems, so it was funny to me to see her dismiss all of it, it showed to me how false sense of reality they have where they are so sensitively tuned to anything that they pick up on it where the average guy wouldn't care, which probably is an indication that there actually isn't a real problem there.
>Are you baiting me?
really now?

>35 replies
>13 posters
>no discussion on LOTR scenes
please don't derail what could be a comfy thread

Great, good for you. Stop derailing the thread now please. Yes, you come off as bait

I'll just ignore the fact that you indulged in the derailing then conveniently stopped when you you saw fit, and end the discussion.

I ended it because you bored me.

Most kino scene was when Galadrien was riverdancing

>you'll never get to enjoy your job the way this guy did

Harry Potter?

was shit after the second movie

I think that no woman can understand the LOTR.
I've met some that pretend to like it, but they don't get it.
they can't relate at all.

I do like HP, but it's not going to have nearly the same impact as LotR (regardless of number of books sold). It's just entertainment compared to something that basically reinvents a genre.

actually middle earth always felt dead and lifeless to me, like a setpiece created for just that one story

I couldn't imagine people actually living there

>with such unbelievable depth and sophistication
too many elves

I think the Rohirrim scenes are still the best scenes in cinema, period. They'll stay with me forever.

I'm pretty sure this guy played several of the larger orcs, too.

is there a TT edit of the BoHD that cuts all the Ent bullshit out?

>cut the Ent shit out
You need to immediately kill yourself

Is there anywhere online where I can watch the cast/director commentaries of the movies? I've tried looking but have only figured out they're on the extras on the hard copies and don't wanna pay 100 bucks for that.

The council bullshit is such a slow drag, the fight is elder god. Sorry, should've been more specific.

>BoHD
What in the fuck is this supposed to mean? Spent a minute giving myself an aunerism trying to figure it out.

Theoden's speech is still pretty cringe though

I like the parts in the first book when the hobbits are just wandering around

>hype these things up as these huge, terrifying war beasts that take a whole cavalry to bring down
>retroactively ruin all the tension with this scene

youtube.com/watch?v=132WIdxvgdo

Well to be fair elves ruin everything they touch, they even managed to make the silmarillion lame.

People clapped in my theater too
And I live in Europe, not in Burgerclappistan

youtu.be/__N7mt5Clwg

Thats why you dont use CGI

Shit wrong pic

youtube.com/watch?v=sMCXrlxkhx0

>many of these trees were my friends...

I wonder whose idea it was to transport an army through the bush, I wonder how they figured the baggage train would be able to go through their. Someone's head must've rolled for this. Same for Theoden. Charging Oliphants head on? Worst general of Middle Earth contestant.

my favourite part is when treebeard gets mad as fuck finally and he speaks with that booming voice

also went to a LOTR marathon once with friends, got drunk as fuck and woke up just in time to hear aragorn sing that mornie uthulie song at 6am in the morning

I actually shed some tears

lol

The real question is what the fuck were they doing in Northern Ithilien, coming from Harad, when the army was to set off from Minas Morgul

they were traveling from Harad to Black Gate you mong

>to Black Gate
Why
The army clearly sets off from Minas Morgul

LotR was well made, but honestly just didn't really appeal to me on an emotional level. I don't really give a shit about epic battle sequences and cgi. The whole world felt so lifeless and asexual to me. That doesn't specifically make it a bad movie or anything like that, but nothing that sticks.

Shut up Martin

>I don't really give a shit about epic battle sequences and cgi
Did you watch these films at all?

stop watching nerd films

>actually middle earth always felt dead and lifeless to me, like a setpiece created for just that one story
For me it felt very real but reading the Silmarillion actually diminished it a bit for me. People always talked about how legendary and intricate and complex it was but I Felt the silmarillion kind of took away the mystery of it all and made the world feel very small. The elves also lost some of their more ethereal qualities since they were so damn stupid and petty a lot of the time.

I don't understand. There are just as many elves, user, as are required. Neither more nor less.

>The whole world felt so lifeless and asexual to me
>asexual

I'll bet you watch GoT for the tits.

the orc army comes from minas morgul.

the haradrim journey up the harad road and meet them on the battlefield.

Sure. There were tons of epic battle sequences and cgi and people here seem to get really exciting over them.

It's not about tits, it's about the sterile way the characters interacted.

Battle of Helms Deep

What PS2 game is this? never played it.

Is this just the death of comfy LOTR threads here? Christ.