ITT Your D&D alignment

ITT Your D&D alignment.

I'll start: I'm neutral good because I never do evil and I do too many good to be neutral and in the other side of the coin I don't follow any laws but I'm not chaotic.

Attached: 1554502023919.jpg (1051x1051, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OMOGaugKpzs&list=PLM6DZUGxyXCXVbFJLVxPoTqeORWdQgUOU&index=1
vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/baldursgategame/images/0/03/ANOMEN55.ogg/revision/latest?cb=20171209100336
easydamus.com/trueneutral.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

radical sandwich anarchy

Not following laws is the definition of chaotic...

not following laws is neutral. chaotic is taking random decisions based on good neutral or evil and can be following laws

ITT: edge lords on Sup Forums identify as chaotic neutral/evil

I don't think you understand alignments correctly.

Neutral doesn't mean you don't follow rules/laws.. it simply means you don't have a strong compulsion to follow rules but still respect the law and authority.

i respect the law and the authority but i don't follow their laws because i'm neutral. also all my actions are based on meditation and common sense therefore are not chaotic

they*

If you don't respect any laws then you don't respect authority.

Neutral characters respect the law when their morals align with the law and don't follow laws when they don't align with their morals.

Chaotic characters disregard all laws, which is what you're identifying with.

You can easily Google these things.

Whatever a bard is.

>Neutral characters respect the law when their morals align with the law and don't follow laws when they don't align with their morals.

I align with this

>Chaotic characters disregard all laws, which is what you're identifying with.

I don't align with this

LAWFUL NEUTRAL. I DONT CARE ABOUT OTHERS EXCEPT MY LOVED ONES, BUT I RESPECT LAW AND ORDER.

youtube.com/watch?v=OMOGaugKpzs&list=PLM6DZUGxyXCXVbFJLVxPoTqeORWdQgUOU&index=1

jk.

> but i don't follow their laws because i'm neutral.
You literally just said you don't follow laws... now you're saying you do.

Convicted sex offender, consider myself neutral good.

I obviously follow the law when it aligns my morals. I didn't compose my OP post properly. Sorry

Alrighty then. :x

I'm True Neutral. I'm good to good people and evil to evil people. My default state is neutral and my interactions with you determine how I treat you.

Bi-Polar Neutral Evil/Neutral Good

That's not what bipolar means. ;p

I don't see the relevance here. C'est le vie

Definitely chaotic neutral. More concerned with pussy and drugs than anything, really.

More like the bubble-wrap dilemma.. my OCD wants to pop them each one at a time, but my tourettes wants to just wring the damn thing and get it over with

Just sayin the only way you could be two alignments is if ya have multiple personalities.

I've had characters fucked by DM's over alignment issues before.. it happens

i have 6

i guess i'm either neutral evil or chaotic evil, very little difference between the two as far as i'm concerned except that neutral evil would be more polite, i pretty much hate everyone and everything as a standard rule and wish to be the sovereign ruler of this world for spiteful reasons, i act nice and polite whenever i can manage it but i often can't and even when i can, it isn't genuine because i'm still seething with rage and distrust, i don't trust anyone and forming meaningful relationships is out of the question

I see. =x

Neutral stupid. I will do things resulting in my death because I think it will make an interesting story or its what my dumber character would do like the time I tried to 1v1 the ancestor or all stone giants because he insulted me

Lawdul good within the system I think we need. Neutral good right now.

Lawful: rules (good or evil) of your religion and/or society MAY supersede your personal beliefs

Lawful Neutral: rules (good or evil) of your religion and/or society ALWAYS supersede your personal beliefs

Chaotic: your personal beliefs (good or evil)supersede the rules of your religion and/or society. Chaotic does not mean hur dur random

Neutral (x): same as chaotic but driven entirely towards acts of good or acts of evil.

Example. a lawful good person can kill (an evil act that they would prefer to avoid) because they are a soldier fighting in a "just" war. A chaotic good person can kill (an evil act that they would prefer to avoid) if it is to protect an innocent from harm. A neutral good person won't kill for any reason because they refuse to commit evil acts. They will self-sacrifice to prevent an evil act before committing an evil act themselves.

Chaotic Neutral: you generally follow laws but will break them if you view them as inconvenient and can get away with it. You'll do good if it doesn't require much effort and will do evil if the risk and consequences aren't great. IRL most people are chaotic neutral

Chaotic good

Chaotic Neutral, because muh Raistlin

Anomen, is that you?
vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/baldursgategame/images/0/03/ANOMEN55.ogg/revision/latest?cb=20171209100336

Not even close to true neutral. NN is neither good to the good or evil to evil. This is chaotic neutral. You giving back to people what you personally think they deserve,.

Uh... no.

easydamus.com/trueneutral.html

chaotic good, sure I may have set the farm on fire but that cave under the barn full of kobolds wont be bothering anyone else

So what do you do when they legally come to take your loved ones off to reeducation camps? You don't care about others but in your dealings with others do you treat them fairly or do you screw them if you have opportunity?

Your authority is incorrect

You're joking, right?

The source for this information is literally from the creators of D&D. Scroll down for sources.

On second thought I think its more your interpretation of easydamus.com/trueneutral.html that is incorrect..

Nope. If you look at the possible commandments and sins, I would fit perfectly into both.

True Neutral characters would never kill an innocent but would have no problem killing someone who is trying to kill them.

They show no mercy to enemies but are merciful to the innocent.

The "creators" of D&D have never been consistent in their descriptions and interpretations of alignment which have gone through as many reiterations as D&D has versions. Not to mention all of the D$D offshoots that kept a variant of the D&D alignment table. I might be misremembering, but I seem to recall that in one early version only druids could be True Neutral

Chaotic Neutral

Yea, I know.. but to keep things simple I'm going with mostly the original descriptions of the alignments. I don't remember the druid only rule.

I thought we were talking about real life, though. :x

/tg/ is thataway.
But to address your question, D&D alignments don't actually work in real life. Most people are too complex to fit solely into one alignment or another. We tend to fluctuate between them depending on the situation. If I had to choose one, I'd say mainly chaotic good.

>I'm good to good people and evil to evil people

I think you're giving this as rule 8 but
by your statement you help or are nice to good people (violation of 4,5) and intentionally screw people you believe are evil (violation of 1, 7,8 & 10)

No, no.. that's not what I meant.

I meant that if you're good to me, aka innocent, I'm good to you.

If you maliciously hurt me, then I would respond in an equally negative way.

I didn't mean in a general good or evil sense. I need to personally be affected by your decisions for me to judge you.

I think i'm chaotic neutral? I like to think I'm a nice person, though at the same time i'm also very selfish, there's little I wouldn't do for personal gain.

IRL most people are chaotic neutral. They speed, they take illicit drugs, they cheat on their taxes when they can or take that extra piece of candy when the sign says "please take one" and almost everybody lies to so extent. If you intentionally have done things to benefit yourself at the expense of someone else you're not good. Most people think of themselves as good and may generally try to be good but this is as much to do with consideration of risk and consequences as it does with true moral behavior.

Chaotic neutral

I believe every man has a fundamental right to be free and determine their own way in life. I see authority as inherently repressive and as taking away the people's ability to decide right and wrong for themselves.
Basically :
"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"

I would be Chaotic good but aside from close friends and loved ones I dont really strongly care about other people. I would never knowingly harm or abuse anyone and I do help strangers if there is no major cost or risk associated with it but I wont risk my own life for a stranger. (IE Id give a homeless man $5 but not jump into a burning building to save someone unless it was my best friend or a family member). Im also a bit impulsive and selfish sometimes as well as easily distracted.

Attached: 71971058_2061587963941128_2812062118306643968_n.jpg (960x663, 39K)

Id say thats closer to True Neutral

A true neutral will break the law sometimes if they see a particular law as bothersome or immoral

Chaotic neutral is more like an anarchist or someone who doesnt recognize any authority but his own.

Test

So rule 8.

So if you see an old lady fall over and you're the only one around do you help her up? Do you argue politics?

Yea, I understand. I'm definitely true neutral though, even if it's hard to believe.

I simply don't "lie" like most people.. the biggest lies I make are something like telling friends I'm going to get a drink and instead plan to do something else with a similar time requirement to ease my severe anxiety. Otherwise, I'm honest to a fault.

I've never hurt someone maliciously that didn't do so to me first, and even then it's only been to those who've seriously hurt me.

I could explain more but... it's easier to just say I'm not like most people. Not trying to be a snowflake or anything, just being honest.

I would help her up not only because it would help her but because I love helping people thus it would make me feel better. Though if that old person were someone who had done something horrible to me in the past, I wouldn't help them unless I had a reason to forgive them.

lawful/chaotic is how you make decisions. a lawful person has a set of rules that they make decisions by, a chaotic person goes with what feels right in the moment. good/evil is why you make decisions, a good character does it to benefit others. and evil character goes it for their own interests. neutral in a category means something else takes precedence, a neutral good character believes benefiting others or the greater good is more important than what feels right in the moment or what laws have to say. a lawful neutral character believes following their code is more important than themselves or others.

lawful good

Attached: power-of-god4.jpg (740x420, 33K)

>Good characters and creatures protect innocent life. Evil characters and creatures debase or destroy innocent life, whether for fun or profit.
>"Good" implies altruism, respect for life, and a concern for the dignity of sentient beings. >Good characters make personal sacrifices to help others.
>"Evil" implies hurting, oppressing, and killing others. Some evil creatures simply have no compassion for others and kill without qualms if doing so is convenient. Others actively pursue evil, killing for sport or out of duty to some evil deity or master.
>People who are neutral with respect to good and evil have compunctions against killing the innocent but lack the commitment to make sacrifices to protect or help others.
>Neutral people are committed to others by personal relationships.

See this guy I'm quite sure he obeys most laws even if he disagrees with having them imposed on him. People put to much emphasis on the Chaotic part of CN Its mainly someone who is self centered. I'll agree your iteration seems to have drifted more along these lines. I think traditionally though true Neutral was best thought of along the lines of a coldly objective utilitarian Buddhist