Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

Also, Star Trek thread

nice trips

They were both wrong and they were also both right, depending on your point of view.

>hairlet
>beardlet
>manlet

Riker makes right

Jellico, I don't know what he was expecting when he sent Picard on a suicide mission and worked his crew like dogs

Riker and Troi were. Riker was the XO, it was his duty to do as he was ordered but he didn't. And Troi never should have undermined him to the crew by telling them the feeling she psychiced out of him. I'm surprised The Federation wouldn't have laws about that to be honest, psychic aliens in the fleet probably hear a lot of secrets and it would be retarded if they weren't bound to keep them.

He expected them to do their duty, and he wasn't working them like dogs, he wanted to go from a three shift rotation to four, as in reducing the working hours from 1/3 a day to 1/4 a day. Riker was just whining that it was hard.

>riker was complaining about how less work was hard

?????

It was hard for him to arrange it because it was a lot of work and he was tired and wanted to play his rusty trombone for troi :(

Not at all.

Roker was clearly wrong. He was insubordinate and accustomed to Picard alone. He felt entitled and comfortable on the enterprise to the point he had passed down his own command many times.

At the end of the story that Jellico was proven effective.

Starfleet command issued the orders.

Jellico, he was keeping everyone out of the loop and expecting them to go along with it with no further explanation.

Riker did nothing wrong, he was questioning the behavior of Jellico like any other character would have done.

Riker was pretty much like Kirk.

Not gonna lie, former Jellico XO here. This is fucking hilarious watching Jellico crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this guy get the quantum torpedo codes.

It's called orders. When enlisted, you follow them without questions.

Kirk was a great guy, but a bad officer.

In the end Jellico was a great captain. Efficiency increased in the ship and he went out of his way to fuck the cardassians over and get Picard back.

It was a secret mission ordered by command. Picard wasn't explaining shit either, under orders.

It's not that you dint ask, but once hounding get an answer, you do it anyways.

Riker was pretty petty when Jellico asked him to pilot the shuttle too.

*but once you dont get an answer

Fucking autocorrect

>you follow them without questions.

that has never been true in Starfleet

Jellico was a military captain on a ship that isn't a military ship

come one dude, it's star trek, the whole idea of star trek is to question and to look at things from multiple perspectives. How can you justify saying they werent both right based on your point of view, and then say "because it was orders and you follow orders"
thats like saying it is 100% always right to murder a jewish person because hitler ordered you to.
Perspective/point of view is always there

yeah but it was given a military mission so they should have started acting like one

apologies for my grammar, hopefully it makes sense

Really?, cause even laid back Kirk
would just use "that's an order" when he wanted someone to just shut up and do as he says.

Even on a cruise ship, you follow the captain's orders Of all officers, the captain's orders are above all.

You're high or you don't watch this show.

thats one view.
one

I am not high, and I bet Ive watched it more than you (Lamest insult Ive ever made).

You don't follow an order, you better have a damn good reason, that's all.

Not liking you superior officer's style is not among them.

There is occasion where one should question how righteous or legitimate or even lawful an order is, Jellico did nothing wrong except expect more discipline.

>that has never been true in Starfleet
Yes it has. Go count the number of times Picard said "You have your orders". Kirk was courtmartialled and demoted for disobeying orders, Riker was lucky not to have been brought up on charges.

>Confusing the purpose of the show and the rules of a military organisation within the show

So you think in Trek, the captain's orders are just something that's ok not to follow if you dont want?

Jellico never have a bad one, btw.

That was Kirk giving orders, when he was given orders he always questioned them or acted antagonistic and when it was someone that wasn't even part of the "military" like an ambassador he was even worse

Like I said, great guy, bad and hypocritical officer.

Do you know what a formal fallacy is?
Just saying "one should" or "youd better" isnt a truth, it's a point of view.
I dont disagree with you at all, if we were sitting in a military court, to be honest.
But there are other ways to look at this situation, or any situation, ever

There are also episodes in evert series where the captains compliment someone for not following orders and to instead use their own intuition/ideas

Im saying there can be no justice if laws are absolute

Who gives a Zlax what you believe, in 30 zoxnars you'll be vaporized and i'll beam this place up and be on my ship in time for space corn flakes

can we start a new topic? "Is Data the property of Star Fleet?"

It's almost like star trek utilizes certain plot points for convenience's sake!

>Tfw vulcans are three times stronger than humans except when they aren't

>If

So why don't you find something to get upset about that is actually happening.

It's different when you're in command of a ship or mission, the Captain responsible for the lives of everyone on board as is the XO in certain circumstances, and that may involve disobeying bad orders, but they will always be investigated for it. Riker was not in command, his disobeying orders had nothing to do with saving lives, he just didn't like the orders and didn't do them.

You ain't saying shit.

Follow the captain's orders is all. In the end, Jellico was proven right, there was nonevil captain plot, all these assholes got stuck in the first half's red herring.

No, they only found him. He's the property of Dr. Soong, or, after his death, his next of kin.

Are children the legal property of their parents? If so when do they stop being property?

Robots aren't children

>it's an 'odo gets cucked by shakaar' episode

>The Begotten was a good episode
>Crossfire was a good episode
>Shakaar was a terrible episode
Imagine living in a world where your worst episode is the one named after you.

>Who was in the wrong here?

The one all the gay communists were rooting for.

>>Shakaar was a terrible episode
No it wasn't, and neither was the Circle/Bajoran Coup plot in season 2, they were all great action-y episodes with an enjoyable political backdrop like the occasional Klingon episodes we'd get in TNG

Daily reminder that Enterprise was the very best Star Trek series ever produced.

It was Star Trek done right.

No faggots
No feminism
No PC
Less technobabble
More realism
More character
Interesting aliens
Solid storytelling

Trektards hate it because it isn't gay enough.

What's with all the reposts?

What's even the point of this behavior? No one is going to agree and doing this literally every day just makes you look like a retard

How new are you? user has been spamming that pasta for almost a year now

Its unironically my favorite series. TNG is pretty much level

You have one chance to read that post again and reply to what it actually says instead of what you imagine it says.

Is that Dick Jones?

Jellico is the most badass captain in any trek series ever.

>Forgetting about based Captain Benjamin "Maximum Spoonhead Casualties" Maxwell

he was delusional, he thought his kid had potential as an artist

Friendly reminder that Dukat did nothing wrong.

>based
>causing a war while the Federation was still rebuilding after Wolf 359

Ricuck was in the wrong, he was insubordinate and should be trialed for treason. TNG was written by clueless liberals who never left their bubbles. "I Cuck" is the most embarrassing episode in the whole franchise.