Found the treasury gold

>found the treasury gold
>found perfect loving waifu and freed her from slavery
>survived the destruction of the 13th fleet, survived being a castaway
>ran into pompeii and could have ended the civil war, making him a landed noble with prestige
>cucked caesar by fucking cleopatra

I'm only on fucking episode 10, is this the luckiest man in tv history? vorecuck keeps holding this boy down

his story only gets better desu

THIRTEEN!!!

Cleopatra is crazy as fuck and I'm on episode 11. Octavian looks like Joffrey but is a hell of a lot smarter.

I need to rewatch it for the 4th time now.

what a coincidence, we're basically on the same ep

this show is great, naturally it's cancelled because plebs couldn't into it and wanted dragons & zombies and gratuitous sex instead

I cant stand Vorenus

the actor did such a shitty fucking job.

Antony is fucking bomb though

I liked vorenus, he was stoic and played a man wrangling with honor well (only 10 eps in) you probably have more insight

Roman history fascinates me, which is part of the show's appeal for me.

THIRTEEN

>tfw

Woah, /currentlywatchingRome/ general?
Halfway through season 2 and wondering how this show only managed two seasons. Is it suddenly going to get worse?

It's very dialogue driven tho so I guess I understand

They got told part way into S2 that it was being canceled, so they had to shove three seasons worth of material into one season.

What are you talking about? Vorenus was great and was portrayed by McKidd as he was supposed to be. Vorenus is a stern Catonian of the old order of Rome. He's meant to be the stick in the mud who frowns on everything and holds himself above those around him.

Who was the best character in the show and why was it Cicero?

>tfw trying to be a "good" man in a society of murderers, thieves and whores

He wanted him to be more nothing personell kid nihilist who kills people and is a badass CENTURION!! dude did you SEE that WHITEWALKER! HE KILLED IT xDDD

what was his fucking problem???

I don't understand what you mean. There's a difference between being edgy and being reserved.This is a guy who was raised to stifle his emotions and then spent years in the legion where he was essentially roboticized. It's really not unreasonable that he'd be stiff, aloof and generally insufferable to most people. Unless you're just memeing can you give me some examples of him actually being an edgelord, taking into consideration the social norms of the time?

His problem was that he despised the corrupt beast the Roman senate and by extension republic had become.

He has an incredibly small penis though.
Also, don't talk shit about Vorenus. Vorenus had a hard life.

I agreed with you, you missed the point of the post, no matter

I was just implying he wanted some got tier reddit badass

Oh my bad I didn't notice. I thought you were him and were being sarcastic. I think your post would have made more sense if you'd replied to him and not me though.

*rapes you*

Their portrayal of the adult Octavian was the only big mistake they made.

>for a while, HBO had Deadwood, Rome, Sopranos, Wire, SFU and Carnivale (probably forgetting others like prime CYE) all together on the air, true GOAT writers like Milius, Milch, Chase
>now it's nothing but millenial genre trash by cucks like lindelof or nolan like westwolrld, leftovers or got
sad! what went so wrong?

There was a surprising lack of boy fucking considering the way Rome did things.

Why did he wear the black toga, though?

I think you mean greece, my catamite friend.

No, pretty sure Rome did it too.

why

Octavian was a fucking bloodthirsty sperg by all accounts, they nailed that down rather well

Mourning the republic, think he did it in real life too

He was best political animal western politics has ever produced.

It takes quite occult of personality to be called 'August One'

Even his biggest detractors like Livy and beyond went into his foibles as a way of showing just how it can be turned around politically.

Nah young Octavian was a bookish pragmatist with a genuine but reserved care for his friends and family. Older Octavian was just a straight up autistic sociopath. Older Octavian was made out to be some sort of diabolical genius who had everyone under his thumb but young Octavia was implied at all to be a genius, just someone who observed others and didn't act rashly. He was smart but not the 18D chess player they turned him into later.

user despite what you've been told, intelligence is built not born. It would have taken him time to become the political monolith that he became.

He was trained to be the best, as all young roman patricians were. Sure, he was probably very cold and analytical, but they straight up portrayed him as a genuine psychopath.

True but he came across as a completely different character altogether. There's a difference between character development and outright bastardizing a character.

>all mockery of jews and their one god shall be kept to an appropriate minimum

were the kikes ever not jewing everyone?