Do you play any instruments?

do you play any instruments?

Attached: hayleybongos.jpg (1108x1622, 286K)

skin flute

do you practice daily?

Just got her in the mail to replace the strat I’ve played for 15 years

Attached: BF17D57E-74B9-4FB6-805C-0AF4C4FF5446.jpg (750x1006, 518K)

yeah but I still suck at it.

Attached: 9c3.gif (200x180, 500K)

looks cool, is that the Mustang or the Jaguar? I've never actually seen one in person.

Jaguar, nice eye. Some people have thought it was a Jazzmaster. Which I want one of them too to get my Kevin Shields on. I did order a Mustang bridge to replace the shitty Jaguar one.

All members of the clarinet family, I know how to play the piano badly and want to learn to play bass.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-10-13-13-24-13.png (1920x1080, 422K)

Nice, I'm left handed so I can't play a Jag unfortunately... Strat collector instead. The guy from RIDE really made me want one

can you explain to me how the Jaguar feels different from your Strat? I have played many Strats and know how they feel and sound, the Jag looks cool but similar enough I can't tell what the difference is supposed to be in terms of feel and sound.

I've played strings for a rather long time now, and I've always kinda passed over Tele's/most Fenders although I do respect their tone n quality.

These fucking guitars have grown so much on me as of recent. Scooping a classic Telecaster in the near future for sure! Good grab my guy

the Telecaster is the wise pharaoh sitting atop his pyramid, judging all lesser guitars.

Ride is a great band. But Kurt Cobain played a left handed Jaguar famously.

Well right off the bat I was so used to the 10’s on my strat and the tightness that I kept bending high e right off the fretboard. Thicker neck, and it has a really satisfyingly jangly sound. I love The Smiths and Marr as a guitarist, but I also love MBV and crazy distortion and this fits both bills in a super winning fashion. It makes me smile.

I've got a small home studio.
I play guitar, piano, a little bit of drums, and I sing.
I've got a Yamaha P-45 and a Squire Mustang as well as a Jasmine acoustic.
I love music.

Also I play right handed guitars left handed.
Didn't really think it was weird when I started but now it's 14 years later and everyone looks at me weird.
Makes it kinda hard to teach others.

Nice. American?

People typically grab jaguars just on the premise that they have such stubby fretboards that you can solo and climb around on the guitar in much easier and lazier ways. They sound extremely alike. Albeit the stock pickups on Jaguar's seems alot fuzzier n cheaper. They are often gutted. My buddy had 2 with some highly sensitive EMGs in them and they sound amazing.

You a Les guy? I’ve never owned one, in the past I was snobbish and thought it was ‘country.’ My tastes have changed though and collecting guitars is much healthier than getting high haha

Yep

so is it the option for people who want more shred like options but still want the Fender sound?

Yes I'm kind of split, I bled Gibson for years, I'm lucky to have inherited a very high quality old Pauly which gave me tunnel vision. That's where my collection is focused. But since I'm really into metal and doom, I also really really like piece-mealing my own guitars now from LTD and Jackson. I grew up along side Buzz from Unearth in Lynn so Im always jocking his products too

I wish I could be her bongos

Yea man i guess you can so that. I also assimilated Jaguar with players who like mess around with surfer music. You can certainly shred on both but ive never really seen rhythm guitarists stick to just Jaguars alone. They stand out with a good pedal setup. And they help too if you have medium to small hands and shorter reach. Their fretboards out of box are usually 2-5 notes shorter so everything just s lil more snug together

I played piano for a bit then stopped

why, to both?

Because school and my parents made me do it but I quit at the earliest opportunity and only recently regret not having stuck with it. I played it infrequently for about two years

sounds like my experience with football. You can always pick it back up again though if you want, a cheap Casio is still a piano.

That's true I've thought about it for a while now and I probably will at some point. Nice that I can get back into it any time unlike sports I guess. Wouldn't imagine how you would get into a team for anything beyond college

There are often local club teams with a wide array of skill levels

at this point I'd rather play basketball but near where I live there are no public places to do that without black people.

Heck yeah, Stratocaster guitar (~15 years) n epiphone bass (~8 years). Used to do piano and saxaphone too, but I guess there was more demand for strings in my town and I stopped those.
Best hobby/talent I ever got into

I started percussion and moved to guitar, I always wanted to learn a woodwind but am afraid to try without a teacher, which I can't make the time for at this point but maybe in the future I can take classes.

Doesn't seem that way here I look and look and where I live seems genuinely devoid of anything I would want to participate in

I've been playing bass since 8th grade. I started playing guitar and singing senior year of high school. Still playing now since bass players are rare in college. I kept the same bass I've had, just upgraded the electronics. I play a squire P-Bass and a Mexican player strat

I played in a jazz group in highschool and now in college. Don't study music though.

Violin for 8+ years now, electro acoustic guitar I got as a gift after it had been damaged two or three years ago, and a melodica, because I want to play the piano but I’m too broke for a keyboard, had an odd fixation with Damon Albarn as a teen, and I like how it goes toot toot.

Attached: 561C87D9-F682-4679-AE65-DA2053E23A76.jpg (1004x1004, 120K)

I'm thinking about purchasing a melodica, any recommendations? I hear that some go out of tune after a while.

I bought a cheap one off Amazon a few years ago and it still holds up, think it's a Horner, currently packed for a move so I cant pull it out and check for you sorry. I wouldnt spent too much on one.