/lbg/- Letterboxd General

Incredible Strange Films edition.

Previous thread: >Not sure what letterboxd is all about?
The mission of /lbg/ is to promote the intelligent discussion of film as art by providing members with opportunities for intellectual discussion, by recognizing patrician taste through examinations and by calling out embryos as they arise.

>Haven't got an account? Follow this link and sign up today!
letterboxd.com

>QotT
What are the most psychotronic films?

>News
user gets banned with all his posts removed: user posts list of Jacques Rivette's 30 favourite films from 1950-1982: user attempts to force a meme and fails: Slept talks about respect: user exposes the facade of /lbg/ posters: user watches a lot of tv: Use as a link to find the /lbg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Patricians occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>Patricians may pretend to be normal users asking for recommendations and when you recommend something, they laugh at you for your plebian taste
>This is a thread for patrician purposes only don't offer or expect frivolous discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/Arokz/
vocaroo.com/i/s1aM5MaCOEcv
letterboxd.com/FutureDays/
youtube.com/watch?v=73yFgFe0GTA
letterboxd.com/robertopancake/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

KEEP THIS THREAD
we don't need no threads of little girls getting their lips blown off

2bad so sad

This is a good bread
whats your email

I feel like this thread has the highest density o autists on the board. Is it because of the redditor infestation? Or is it one autist posting non-stop?

insecurity kills

It's easy to find the thread by typing /lbg after the catalog url. It's what I do to find /ptg/ on Sup Forums, anyways.

Buy a Sony Vaio

letterboxd.com/Arokz/

1. For Slept's sake don't give him any attention. 2. How would they have movies to build a personality on if they don't first have taste?
None of those were the best posts in that thread.

Do you think making these ugly OPs gives you ownership to the thread, Machill? Nobody likes them.

Boohoo

NFB FTW

neck yourself

Kill yourself, fucking retard.
You need your face blown off then you will know what how it is

machill doesn't make these shit threads

lol no. You fucking retard. You sub-human piece of garbage i hope you fucking get cancer you fat ass waste of oxygen I hope you die cold and alone you are a fucking degenerate. kys.

Nothing like canadian comfy kino

He does, boyfriend of machill.

Why even make these threads when you don't even pretend to discuss films

I must admit that I viscerally hated Tarkovsky's "Nostalgia" and completely hated the use of Beethoven in it. I've seen it only once, but none of the Tarkovsky films that I have seen did I think are really good.

To shitpost. To meme. That's it

>mfw machill is the text wall OPer, the Emily Jean fag, and one of dropout_gorro's discord butt-buddies
so this is what you become when you post your profile in every thread for 4 years and only amass 200 followers

I guess I liked Andrei Rublev when I watched it on letterboxed VHS years ago but yeah, Nostalgia I didn't like and Stalker, which I saw on 35mm didn't impress me too much, either. The Killers was okay. There are better Rus directors, like Sokurov.

They're comfy.

looks like dropout_gorro and his pack of discord circle-jerk ass-clowns are out of school

>slept dictating who does and doesn't deserve respect

don't pretend like we're cool next time you step in a chat with me if you're gonna talk shit fool

Ah-bloo-bloo

Nice try, winshit

I bullied you guys so hard that link banned me from his discord then you all kept inviting me to splinter groups to bitch how much you hate each other like I give a fuck or it matters, all you pussies do is cry about who said what when 24/7. I bet this is dropout, the guy who actually said to me that he thinks him and I are alike which is why we 'argue'

Whos my fellow /ptg/ crossposter though? I like xyr :3

does anybody here actually have taste or are you just trying to create a personality for yourself through the films you watch because you're boring?

Or maybe you're trying to take films serious and academically because you want to feel intelligent about something?

me

>:3
Faggot

>mfw

>a shitposter trying to diss other shitposters
Wow

do you really think anyone who knows shit is going to buy you framing yourself as a bully? Stop posturing for the retards in these threads and don't post here again until you get a job and move out of mummy and daddy's apartment

Ah-bloo-bloo

I WANT TO SUCK HER SAGGY TEAT

>Whos my fellow /ptg/ crossposter though? I like xyr :3
Hey Its Me Ur Brother
vocaroo.com/i/s1aM5MaCOEcv

brother!
name a better general than /ptg/

Better not. Tards like would come then. Stay with your awesome /ptg/

Low IQ animeposter

the other /ptg/
/sg/

>mfw slept is trying to spin a narrative in which he's not a pathetic discord circle-jerk crybaby that everyone feels bad for

looks like dropout_gorro and his pack of discord circle-jerk ass-clowns are out of school

You cannot name one because one does not exist!

After this rewatch i have to say that my only problem with shin Godzilla is the lackluster climax. It would have been nice to see some insane shit happening. Like the stuff from the concept art.

letterboxd.com/FutureDays/

reminds me that i really should get to stroszek and Werckmeister harmonies

I wonder how many stars this got from the lucky guy?

pleb

thanks

bump

bump?

NOW THIS IS THE FUNNY MOVIE

the movie is like a party it has no plot it is just adam sandler chris rock david spade kevin jame haveing a great time in a town with the cops (shaquile o neal plays one!!!!) and taylor lautner who is usually gay is in this and hes cool and the party at the end is great i woud fuck salma hayek

someone explain this letterboxd stuff to me

what is this about

*farts*

jesus why am i still a khhv

Logging films and rating them.

dropout_gorro and his fart fetish again

youtube.com/watch?v=73yFgFe0GTA

What kino should I watch today?

Name ONE (1) Kino

I'll name four.
>Solaris
>Pacific Rim
>Shin Godzilla
>Insomnia

Anything by Tarkovsky

>asked to name a kino
>names a flick director

watch older european directors and realize what a hack tarshit/v/sky was

that's not how flick/kino posting works, dumbo

Anyone need a Secret Cinema invite?

Name one (1) older European director that's better.

Note that all French frogfucks are garbage.

Great place you choose to offer invites

>frogfucks

Fritz Lang
Max Ophuls
Otto Preminger

I should probably finish the first page of TSPDT 2017.

>tarkovsky is Sup Forums lolololol
Not an argument.

>Shin Godzilla
>2*

the great italian stallion, roberto brosselini

Not that user but that's accurate though. Hamfisted, heavy-handed nationalistic tripe doesn't deserve anything more than a 2.5 at best.

Fuck you

dumb frogposter

don't say rude things like that to people

>Giving a low rating to something just because it has commentary on a country you don't live in
Did you get angry every time a negative thing was said about the US?

Anti-American is pro-terrorist and pro-tyranny

If you thought Shin Godzilla was anti-American then a Godzilla movie was too complex for you. Sad!

It's a website for logging what films you've seen, rating and reviewing them, creating lists, etc.

>"dude tarkovsky is like so deep and shit lol"
>mfw 90% tarkovsky fans are burnouts like eli hayes

>tarkovsky hater is the dumb frogposter
Whoda thunk?!

>I hate a director because his works are a little complex and he's popular

>Tarko/v/sky "hater" is one person
Literally how new.

so no wonder there's so many idiotic posts here.

If I just don't reply to them it'll seem like I'm a different person, hehe.

Shut up

letterboxd.com/robertopancake/

Woman in the Dunes was very engaging emotionally and visually. I want to watch The Face of Another now.

I love Huston and Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison is another solid addition to his filmography. Let There Be Light was one of the most chilling yet uplifting documentaries I've seen in awhile. Highly recommended.

I have reviews for all of the above if you wanna check em out.

Also, check out those 1's and 3's for my films watched.

I don't make these OPs, I hate them too
Mine are using pic related

this is slander
I will sue

>I hate them too
brb unfollowing

I don't give it a low rating because it gives a commentary on a country I don't live in. I gave it a low rating because of how it told its story. Tokyo Story or Early Spring gave a good commentary on a country I don't live and I really liked it. Shin Godzilla on the other hand tries to hit you across the face with its message with absolutely no concept of subtlety. The over the top muh nippon yamato damashii only makes it worse.

That dumb Jap-American cunt was also probably the worst part about the movie.

RIP too Radley Metzger

haven't seen any of his films but he seems like he'd be a pretty chill dude

Only retards would like (or make) these disgusting-shitposting-shilling OPs

neck yourself

Man I have such a shit memory that I downloaded the two films THREE TIMES in the last couple days. W E W

Neck YOURSELF

Fuck YOU, asshole.