Who's excited for this

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/the_disaster_artist_2016
youtube.com/watch?v=1fqAFCb4-ec
youtube.com/watch?v=Eh9lC7IBJvI
youtube.com/watch?v=3lK-IOLbvxE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no, Sup Forums was right

>it's an illiterate pseudo-nerds can't appreciate contemporary literature and only watch film adaptations episode

Excited for it before reddit ruins it

>I let reddit influence my opinion of a movie

I love the book so goddamn much that I'm going to love this movie even if it just reminds me of how much I love the book.

james franco with that hair would have made a great jackie estacado from darkness

>Implying I have not read the book

I'm sorry but I disagree with you on your statement.

I liked Gregg and Tommy hanging out and being weird more than the making of the Room

I love the fact that you can never put your finger on Wiseau.

You can never be sure if he is gay, you can never be sure if he is mentally retarded, you can never be sure about anything about him.

If they told me this man is an alien I would believe it, no questions.

>mfw that scene where Tommy throws a bottle of water in the actress will be in the movie

Tommy is obsessed with his own masculinity but is ashamed of some homosexual encounter he had to do in his past for money so he tries to make up for it constantly by being really manly (working out etc) or his interpretation of it, constant sex scenes, getting real hot women etc.

him blowing the fuck up over being called a sissy/pussy is definitely a clue

I liked the book and I hope the film will be at least half as good.

I'm not a fan of the Franco/Rogen syle of comedy...but I have to admit I'm a bit excited about this, solely based on me liking 'The Room'.

franco is an unfunny hack and this will be terrible. just read the book.

rottentomatoes.com/m/the_disaster_artist_2016

>rottentomatoes

should rename it to worshipbbc

JUST

Denny's rapid aging is incredible.

reddit certainly is

Me.

Why are you talking in the third person?

Hmm, one review raises a really good question

>But both the film and its aftermath were confounding. Some of what unfolded that night doesn’t emotionally sit right. Were we laughing at Wiseau (who sat dead center for the entire screening) or with him? How does he feel about his real pain being transmuted into real (albeit really funny) comedy?

I always feel this way (conflicted) with anything that has to do with The Room

don't know. only know that redditors love this movie and won't shut up about it

it's not welcome here

>it's not welcome here

Aww, newfag gets to decide what is and isnt welcome here, oblivious to our history of The Room/Disaster Artist threads, dating back to your 10th birthday :)

>redditors love this movie
>it's not welcome here

Duuuh, what is personal opinion

>The Room/Disaster Artist threads
aka redditor circlejerks
"lol le bad movie that we like ironically lol le weird foreign man said something weirdly lol"
go away

>mfw The Masterpiece is nominated for an Oscar and we get to see Tommy Wiseau at the Oscars

It's going to be an epic Oscars night.

>ironically

Some of us are past irony, lil bud. It's a strange, interesting cultural artifact with a unique story behind it. An American dream realized.

Anyway, you bring a lot to this board, i'm sure.

>interesting cultural artifact
it's a pathetic internet meme pushed by ironic, social-media addled millennial retards

The Room predates meme culture.

You seem to know a lot about Reddit and social media, that's cool. But, here we talk about films.

>pushed by ironic, social-media addled millennial retards
you keep showing your newfaggotry

>Tommy looks too handsome
>Greg looks too weird
how could they fuck this up?

It's getting overwhelmingly, hyperbolically positive reviews. i agree, i wasnt over the moon about dave as greg, but i'll reserve my judgement for now.

What the fuck, I thought that was James Franco on the left, but it's his fucking brother. Why the hell are they casting two related actors who LOOK related in roles in which they're not related?

I read that Wiseau was in the SXSW screening.

Man, I would feel so weird if I was there. I would not be able to laugh at any of it knowing that the person we are laughing at his expense is right there among us.

Kinda cruel.

Denny finally grew old (he wore a fedora years ago)

I doubt Wiseau understands human emotions.

>Man, I would feel so weird if I was there. I would not be able to laugh at any of it knowing that the person we are laughing at his expense is right there among us.

He hosts many a Room screening, where you can meet him and joke around, he's a good sport.

>those fucking eyebrows

what

Dunno mates, I am pretty sure he must be feeling at least a little bad inside him.

Then again maybe I am projecting too much human emotion on him, because I don't have the slightest idea what is going on in his head.

LOOK AT THIS FAGGOT

How many films do they have on the burner again? This and console wars I know of. Can't be good signs for either of them.

Curious here, how do you pronounce Utah?
>you-tah
>ut-ah
>ut-ey-h
>you-tah-hhh
And where you do put the stress?!

He didn't turn tricks for money, he got arrested in France and the French police fucked him and his buddy for laffs. He was really young too.

The ending of the book is unfiltered kino.

isn't there a story about how Tommy was offered money for sexual favors but something about how he said it rang false for Gregg?

When is it coming out?

I've already read the book twice.

Denny's quite old. He was 26 when they shot the movie.

Lisa is hot in a homely girl kind of way

>James Franco ruining another book-film adaptation
He really needs to just fuck off back to art school already, just give us behind the scenes footage and a documentary already.

Post more rare Tommys

I just can't imagine it will be very good

I ordered some boxer briefs from Tommy's store and asked him to write "Oh hi user" on them and he actually did it, the absolute madman. They're my favourites now, but the writing has washed off pretty much (I have a pic somewhere).

He also sent me a kind of gay signed picture of himself.

i like james franco, but i don't feel like watching the room and i don't think the disaster artist will be entertaining if you haven't watched the movie it's about.

I bought an autographed copy of the script from his site. It was bundled with a pair of tighty whities designed by him. I'm fairly sure he thought my name was a girl's name. It was worth reading, since it contained some scenes that got cut and even a second mention of the breast cancer.

damn, that lady in the middle is looking pretty good for a breast cancer survivor

When will it be out?

I am just sick of Jews goy-mocking comedies. Do they have ANY conscience? Every comedy they put out has one purpose

he looks much older than 39 bro

>He also sent me a kind of gay signed picture of himself.
The black and white one? I also got that when I ordered the bluray.
Had to frame it and put it up on the wall.

reading the book about this scene was hilarious.

He's not even 40, dude. The guy just has abysmal genes.

>>>/pol

This one is legitimately rare:

youtube.com/watch?v=1fqAFCb4-ec

I want to fuck Lisa. And the hooer that plays Lisa in the movie, picture related.

Is Wiseau mentally ill?

Yea it was, there's some behind the scenes footage of the green screen in a commercial for the book, about 1:47

youtube.com/watch?v=Eh9lC7IBJvI

wish they'd release it all

Wait, where did that guy get the full version of the ad?

yeah i mean he looked 16 when he was actually 26, now he is what 35, 36? he looks like 54

from 16 to 54 in 10 years

now THAT's how a thicc should look like

Probably blackmailed Tommy into giving it to him

>to be or not to be, who do you want to be?

Reminder Tommy is the Zodiac killer.

you-tah-hh

Yes, anyone who is different is mentally ill.

I started listening to the audio book on my phone at work. The book was hilarious and I thought Tommy was this innocent child-like dude until about halfway where he starts getting weird and creepy to the point where it was scary. Probably around the Talented Mr. Ripley parts.

youtube.com/watch?v=3lK-IOLbvxE

He's the only Let's Play dude

You cut off where the cop apologized and left

sounds like he's going to be president someday

>cop apologized

wut

hi, I'm from a website called reddit.com

mind if I join the discussion?

Stop being an idiot, you're embarrassing yourself.

Wait; did the actress have breast cancer too? Was the cancer subplot ever resolved or was it just the one scene?

Haha, I tricked you. I was just pretending to be retarded and bad at trolling. haha

?

I could see that happening.

no because this is what the guy from the darkness actually looks like

You're an idiot.

I'm pretty sure I was there when he said this. Coolidge corner theater in boston for 4/20

It came with the dvd too

Fuck off to Reddit absolute worthless piece of shit

Trailer when?

>in the actress

you wat

it was during filming, he held the cast hostage til they stopped laughing

in any case, tommy is true patriot

There are too many pointless cameos and it doesn't take itself seriously enough. The book is excellent because it becomes a serious look at just who the fuck this crazy person really is. If the book had the tone of this movie no one would have given a shit.

Utahan here everyone says you tah