All I want to do is get drunk

All I want to do is get drunk
I'm officially addicted

Attached: oK0I9Me0LXlFCuwv-oysWVzQZQCNCSYwvKy9ZsBfOMM.jpg (480x360, 13K)

wait till you get sick of the hangovers

I literally dont have hangovers. I've been getting as drunk as I can, alone, for 4 years, every night, and have had literally like 6 hangovers I could remember. Then I drink water, eat, and get back to the old horse and sadle
Help

You're not addicted to the alcohol, you're addicted to the feeling. If there was something else that could help you get away, you'd do it.

I thought i was too then I started smoking and now I'm addicted to both :/

Cant get hangovers if you hydrate(and eat but duh)
I wash with even just water
Pro tip
1 normal water bottle with 3 to 4 shots

Smoke weed or better yet eat edibles. It's the only substitute I've ever had for drinking.

Been there, done that. Just a waste of time.

Same
Looking for drinking brodiees?
I'm about 5 years in

Yeah I have hobbies and aspirations that I couldn't do while drunk, I'm also in school and have a workload and stuff and never dream of giving it up
That feeling though that everyone hates you, the feeling of being alone in a crowd
The feeling that the only way you can feel content is when you start drinking. Then you get addicted heavily and have no idea where to go.. you try to stop and the 24/7 pulsing withdrawals feeling makes you want to end it all, the feeling of loneliness most of all, that caused all this bullshit, then you are forced into withdraws lol
This life

Wax is nice
It's like a drunken high at times

welcome to the party pal

Yes! God yes I'm actually being serious
Let's beat it together or whatever you want to talk about

Whoops, I should have said that everytime I got drunk as fuck I also got high as fuck. I dont like to get drunk without weed, but the opposite isnt the same.
Alcohol is the destructive part, by far. If anything, weed will help me from my crippling alcohol addiction, but I hate to plan ahead
Go kill yourself for getting my hopes up

I have class at 8:00am its 5:00am should I keep drinking?

Wax is a different beast, it's akin to taking a shot as opposed to a regular drink. I was addicted to it for quite a while though and it destroyed my tolerance and pretty gave me an anxiety disorder.

I quit drinking pretty much cold turkey because of weed. Really all I want out of it is to forget about my problems and pass the time, weed does that for me. On the plus side I'm not constantly paranoid about the damage to my health and the iq points I'm probably losing while drinking.

Its thc regardless. You're not going to develop the withdraw symptoms from alcohol, not even close

What anxiety disorder?

I had a panic attack on weed once and pretty sure I went into psychosis. I think weed just helped bring out my mental illness earlier.

Cool.
So do you want to quit or slow and steady suicide?
If you don’t want to quit; keep at it..
If you do want to quit: Try AA, it works.

I started with weed when I was young and the first time I smoked it I didnt feel anything, then the third or so time I smoked weed it hit me like a fucking brick wall, and I'm being serious. The first time I got drunk I absolutely hated it, it made me feel dizzy and uncomfortable. I wanted to stick to weed. But then I kept going back to alcohol because it's so efortlessless when you hit those pot tolerances. Drinking has a tolerance, but then you drink for 20 more seconds and it's over. Then I literally kept drinking and smoking to LITERALLY "forget stuff"
Then that went on for 4 or so years (drinking, weed for 2 or plus more)
And I'm more addicted to alcohol then I could have imagined
I cant think of anything else and I seriously have issues with even thinking how I'm going to stop

AA doesnt work you retarded forienger/boomer
All memes aside, I was forced to go to AA and it made me want to drink a lot more, and I'm being very serious to anyone whose reading this

does it actually? had a couple people recommend it

welp that answers that post is there any good way to quit? and smoking for that matter as well.

For what it’s worth, I’ve known lifelong alcoholics that managed to turn it around for good. From what they’ve told me it’s all about weening off slowly and having the will to not break the terms of your weening and not drinking after you have gone off completely. It is perfectly normal that you might feel sick, super depressed and even suicidal during this period but If you have the willpower to push through it, your brain will begin adapting to being sober again and it won’t need alcohol to release dopamine and serotonin normally.

welp that answers that post is there any good way to quit? and smoking for that matter as well?

Mushrooms are much better than booze

>I literally dont have hangovers
same here, but like 20 years now.
tell myself every morning "today I quit". .
It rarely happens.
Even though i've stopped for a few months here and there, I end up starting again.

I'm sorry!
I'm still here, I was just away
I thought you were going to tell to fuck off anyways
I won't have anything to drink for a few hours
Smoking and drinking is the best

When I first started drinking I drank everynight for a year and a half. Now it's an occasional thing, I think I eventually got bored with. Weed hasn't become boring yet so perhaps thats why it's worked for me. Mdma was and still is my favorite drug and it's probably a good thing I don't have access to it as I think it'd fuck me up.

I cant do cold turkey. I think the best bet is to have stuff to distract you (job or school) and gradually wean yourself off. I tried cold turkey after years of drinking in a school setting, when I was surrounded by normal people with normal lives and relationships. Good god the dread you fucking get from just waking up and going to class... im not suicidal but jesus dude it's a incessant feeling of dread, anxiousnes, lonilness, self hatred, all the good stuff. sri's are my best bet to get off alcohol, I promise I won't get dependent on those

Man, I’ve had tested MDMA multiple times before and I’ve never enjoyed it. Idk why. I just end up feeling super lonely and sad, which should be the opposite of what the drug is supposed to do. I pop it and every time I just end up wanting to sit down and try to think of reasons not to kill myself.

Generalized anxiety and social anxiey. Like I'm in a flight or fight response whenever I'm not in a comfortable place alone.

>im not suicidal but jesus dude it's a incessant feeling of dread, anxiousnes, lonilness, self hatred,
I don’t even drink and I feel like this. All. The. Time. Going to class is the hardest thing I do everyday. I don’t even have anything to be depressed about. It’s just a constant low energy and dread about everything.

Well duh but that's not easy to get
I can walk to my liquor is less than 15 minutes
I'd most definitely be doing lsd and x right now if I could get it

I really do want to talk to you outside of the board
If you ever need anyone to talk to because lord knows I do
No retard, I have class at 8 so I'm getting as drunk as possible before the faggot school day starts

Towards the end of it I definitely start feeling down, but during the rise and the peak it's like everything feels how sugar taste. Just warmth, love and sunshine. I've only ever taken it while listening to music so maybe if I wasn't I wouldn't enjoy it as much.

Have you stopped smoking weed since then? Weed makes me social anxiety much worse when I’m high but it when I’m sober again it has no effect. I’m not a very social person in the first place.

Generalized anxiety... I feel you on that one. Now I get anxiety whenever I’m NOT high.

Im in school now, i can definitely see the logic. I usually drink when I'm feeling like shit and moved from darts to e cigs so it isn't so rank for people in my immediate friend group (which all look down on me for it anyway) ill give it a shot

I'd self medicate with weed for my anxiety issues and the depression they'd cause. But in the long I definitely think they contributed to them. I only smoke weed occasionally nowadays. It just makes me too panicky the next day.

I cant drink atm cause I need to donate plasma for drinking in an hour!
It's not my fault you want to expand your knowledge for better possibilites later in life...
I'll be sure to take an angry shot for you when I get my drank

>supposed
yes yes yes yes i feel the same wtf

If it's any consolation, I started drinking and smoking dope for those reasons. To forget and relax. All the bullshit going through my head all day, I could actually forget about everything for once in the day. And I never thought I would get addicted. Alcohol is fucking ridiculous for this reason. Its 100% effective.
Weed is probably better, a fuck ton less addictive, or not at all addictive
All my thoughts are with alcohol
I'm in school though and ill turn it around =)

Drinking money

I dread labs like nothing else

Don't worry OP
I was on course to be a fourth generation alcoholic, but I'm a month sober now. Give it time, and you'll recognize the positive side of sobriety, or at least that of balance.
I'm not wise, but I'm certain you can live a happier life without being hammered all the time.

this
this is the end goal
recognising it isn't easy but having the will power to push on
respect

I take angry shots every night knowing that if I was 2 counties or states over I could have found friends and, more importantly, a nice girl to talk to so I wouldnt have to resort to drinking every night

You’re right, alcohol is 100% effective. Only reason I don’t drink is because I hate the way it makes my stomach feel. And even then it’s still great. I notice that when I drank with people I was a sad drunk, and when I drank alone I was a happy drunk. Don’t know why.

Weed is amazing though. Let’s keep it real, we need some sort of substance to keep going. And weed is amazing at making me NOT feel like shit physically. Mentally though it makes me lack mental clarity and makes my memory shit. But it beats being sober and depressed all the time.
Hope you turn it around for good breh

> I notice that when I drank with people I was a sad drunk, and when I drank alone I was a happy drunk. Don’t know why.
Hauntingly and depressingly familiar..
I'll take a big 6am-gotta-be-up-by-8am shot, and then continue drinking because it's all hopeless. I'll go to class, but good fucking god do I want to keep drinking for the rest of my life. HAHA jk I'll stop soon, not today though it's far too late

You're also lucky to have drank with people
*pantamimes blowing his head off with a sick ass sawed off shotty*

Why are you doing this?

Where do you live?

Because I relapsed with my alcohol addiction and have class in 2 hours but want nothing more than to continue drinking. I also have no friends or family, so when I see a normal person who doesnt have to put up with all this bullshit, or a person who does have to put up with it but who has all the support in the world, it makes me want to drink. I feel like everyone hates me and it makes me want to drink, heavily
All I think about is drinking

Sounds more like you're a pussy faggot escapist who is too much of a bitch for real life

im an alcoholic too. lets share when we first realized we were drunks. mine was at 5am in a parking lot at my job (i was the first one to show up to open the building and stuff) and i was drinking wild turkey 101 out of a water bottle (so i could keep it in my lunch box) and i threw up outside my truck. i was angry because i just wasted alcohol. my second thought was ok now im an alcoholic for real

Depends, we have no idea what each other are going through
I'll still call you a little nosey reddit faggot thought

I like a cold beer as much as the next guy, but alcohol sucks. I don't know how anyone could drink daily, how do you guys handle the hang overs? I can feel genuinely suicidal the next day. I've been sticking to the occasional spliff and that's about it.

you dont get hangovers after awhile because your body adapts.

I realized I literally cant stop drinking without a fucking gameplan that likely involed perscription meds which are my least favourite thing in the fucking world and I'm being serious
Also I ate some yogurt in the past 24 hours, all I care about is drinking

Beer tastes like fucking shit
Vodka tastes like fucking shit
I want to get drunk
I dont get hangovers
Next question

>gameplan
this is what helped me. I was completely 100% sober for 7 months and then some shit happened and i got back on it. but I started by just weaning myself off the liquor but still drinking beer. then i started buying slightly less amounts of beer per week. and i replaced it with mountain dew (lol) because it was nice to have that can in my hand and something to drink. but it worked. maybe it'll work for you too. im going through the same process again now. I'm off the hard stuff and cutting down my beer consumption

How long does that take, though? The next day, after a heavy night, I would throw up if a beer even touched my lips. Is it just a case of steady drinking? It's not that I want tips, I'm just amazed at how alcoholics get addicted to something that makes me suicidal.

I just drink for the fuck of it
And am a loner by choice
That sucks tho
I'd be your friend
I'll also take a sad shot for you

Part of it is literally Ive never had anyone to talk to. I probably wouldnt have gone this route or come this far if I had people like you to talk to growing up or now, just bullshiting as a friend even. Or someone to slap me around for my own good. Its obviously all on me. Too late I guess.
I gotta go to class or something
Gonna be a long day
Especially when, not only do you have no one to pass the day with, but you literally actively feel like everyone hates you until you start drinking
Cheers

You can quit. I'm 5 days sober, withdrawals kicking my fucking ass but I'm going for it this time. Hit a new low last week after a week-long drinking binge that might cost me my relationship, job and more if anyone finds out. I'm better than this and you are too

I have a horrible immune system, like I throw up very easily, and i have thrown up before, more so than other people with weed and alcohol, but it's never stopped me. You might hate drinking and smoking by themselves the first time too lol
I hated drinking and thought I'd never understand it. I remember hating ti watch drunk people in shows for comedy sake because they were never funny, just annoying
Yet here we are lol

Lost my job, girl. Got new job out of state, still thinking of old girl. That's why I drink.

Yeah, I really am getting sick of all of it. I'm pretty sure I said at the beginning of this thread I am going sober. It's all for my dad, hes going to cry if he sees me graduate. I'll take some zoloft tablets I have left over, wont get dependent on those I swear they can be just as bad, but the withdrawals are worse than I thought

Imagine never having a girl to begin with
Better to have loved and lost than never to have love at all

>How long does that take, though?
3-4 months

ya loneliness/depression is a big part of it for most of us i think. drinking assuages those feelings which is something most people dont understand. drinking for me is a coping mechanism

For me I was told by a counselor I had insufficient brain function in producing dopamine, so they put me on zoloft
Zoloft made me feel weird at first, like both good and bad
Good cause it literally made me happier
And bad because it made me crazy caring and altruistic or whatever the word is. I felt like giving away a lot of stuff I owned to "friends" and people in need like homeless people (I'm super materialistic and I fucking hate homeless people)
That was like 2 years ago
Then back to 247 drinking
Now back on low doses of zoloft
And class in 40 minutes

I'm not talking about charity either it was way worse than that
Also weird suicidal thoughts I'd never have before
I probably fucked up drinking with the zoloft which it literally warns you not to do
But what can you do lol
I'll go sober soon

well, after 20+ of 'em the losing thing gets a little old

pic related, the last one

Attached: IMG_2371.jpg (600x800, 56K)

i never used drugs before to try to quit. exercise helps a lot too. i know its a cliche thing to say but it's true. never tried AA because i dont see the point of it but maybe it works

zolof made you happy?? i took prozac and shitload of other antidepressants and the extent of what i felt was just numb to emotion

from experience anitmeds dont really make you fucking happy unless zoloft is different

Running is the single best most natural excersise you can do, and it really can bring you happiness. Swimming and climbing also come close but running in particular can bring out something special in you. Sprinting in particular, theres something that's dormant in all of us
Also I have no idea, i drank throughout the whole thing then when i started throwing up from the zoloft i stopped taking it. Drinking and walking to class right now lol

It made me feel a bunch of things, I think one of them was happy

Attached: 1508616743890.png (201x200, 42K)

Ex-alcoholic here. I used to drink all hours, non-stop. I shit you not, I would wake up with the shakes at 4 am, take a swig to "take the edge off", and would just continue on from there. Once I started, I couldn't stop.
Eventually, it took my marriage almost falling apart to stop. In my case, it was stop drinking or lose my family. I did the AA thing for about 3 months, which seems to work for some people. For me, it helped a little, if only in the fact that I felt that I wasn't alone.
I stopped cold turkey and this user is right. You'll feel shitty for a week, then feel like you're done. Hold on there cowboy. Here come the cravings again at 2 weeks, along with depression. Then again, even worse, at 1 month. It starts to get easier once you get past this. Your emotions and cravings will cycle again a few more times, but it gets a lot easier. Honestly, AA did have one thing right: One day at a time. You don't have to promise you won't drink ever again. That's too daunting. Just don't drink TODAY. Make it today and worry about tomorrow when tomorrow comes. I've not had a drink in a year and a few days at this point, and don't plan on drinking today.

thanks for this post user

You're welcome, fren. You are not alone.
The hardest part of stopping drinking is realizing that others currently are in the same place as you, were in the same place as you, or will be in the same place as you.
If you haven't started drinking today, don't. Otherwise, start tomorrow without drinking and see how it goes.

how do i super post the mega roast

That's not the hardest part for me.
And that doesnt help me want to stop.
I'm drunk in class right now
The bottle is loaded and I'm losing interest