Visionary or overrated hack?

Visionary or overrated hack?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11824427/r
thefilmstage.com/news/miles-teller-to-lead-nicolas-winding-refns-crime-drama-too-old-to-die-young/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

A very good director

visionary hack

Teenage girl trapped in an adult man's body.

Somewhere in between. He's a pretentious, but not untalented, director. Pusher, Drive, and Bronson were pretty good. Only God Forgives, Neon Demon, and Valhalla Rising were kind of bad.

Keenomaker.
strawpoll.me/11824427/r
Heresy.

Visionary.
Also this

its this a bad angle, or does he have no chin? one of the most thumb-shaped heads I've ever seen

I love his last three films. I found Valhalla Rising terribly boring and Bronson to be adequate. Also, I haven't seen the Pusher trilogy.

So I don't know what to tell ya.

Talentless hack propped up by post imdb drones that still have their hotpocket cinema sensibilities

A very poor director

he does now

>I haven't seen the Pusher trilogy.
You best get to it

boy toned up. good for him

What's he workin on these days?

Good when he keeps his ego in check which only happens if he is in debt

Good at making eye-catching but kinda hollow kubrick-pop visuals but absolutely cannot direct or write humans to save his life

Save for Bronson

>He self inserted himself into Mads Mikkelsen's character in Pusher cause he wanted to look cool but Mads told him he had to change the script cause was the definition of not cool

Pusher is great.

Overated visionary

THIS
H
I
S

you're probably trolling, but I agree. he's good, but not as good as people make him out to be

Fid you even saw Pusher trilogy, fuckin pleb? Also Drive show very realistic humans and human interactions

That is exactly what i just posted retard!

>Drive show very realistic humans and human interactions

Last time I heard, he was supposed to make that film in Tokyo "Avenging Silence", but he postponed it to direct a Pusher-like tv series for Amazon set in LA or Miami, or something like that.

Pretentious cringy douchemiester and I love every film he's made.

Both and neither.

Wow, so deep

Thanks for reminding me to get some more hotpockets

He's a good pleb filter.

his last movie was the worst thing i've ever seen

He's a hack, but I'm not sure he's overrated.

#3 Kino of 2016, according to French critics

>fagmodovar

Maybe he's just a guy trying to do the right thing

Bad writer but at least his movies look nice and can be somewhat entertaining

thefilmstage.com/news/miles-teller-to-lead-nicolas-winding-refns-crime-drama-too-old-to-die-young/

>miles teller

dropped

Are they good? Trailer didn't impress me. It looks like a documentary.

He's pretty good. Drive, bronson and the neon demon are great movies. Sometimes he goes too stylistic and it becomes boring but when he's good, he's great

It uses the documentary-like handheld cam. It doesn't look bad and it actually kind of adds in the experience.
Generally it is a very solid crime/thriller (1 and 3). 2 is more like a drama. It is really worth it.

poor man's Nolan

You must be retarded to think this.

NWR is the bearer of dank kino

Refn is no visionary, but he's no hack. He is overrated though, especially by Drivefags.

He does interesting things.

is it worth watching instead of silence?

>elle will never step on your balls
jdimsa