Should I finally watch this cult classic? From the trailers it looks like decent kino...

Should I finally watch this cult classic? From the trailers it looks like decent kino. Gucci Mane once described it as a 'white pulp fiction'.

>Should I watch this?

If you'd like to: sure
If you wouldnt: probably not

It is huge piece of idiot shit. People who enjoy boobs claim it's art. Figures.

It's pure cinema
even herzog agrees

>outing yourself as a pleb

I don't even care. This movie is diarrhea in glitter.

Who the fuck cares about what Gucci Mane says about anything

Honestly you're missing most of the point by missing it when it was in theatres.

The entire thing was basically Korine's trolling the yolo crowd and finally putting his exploitive style to good use. If you went opening night you were treating to crowds of girls running out crying when it looked like Selena Gomez was about to get raped.

its pure kino

If you like the smell and taste of shit by all means watch this pleb tier shitfest.

I laughed at this post.

sure, it's like the tree of life if you like these kind of movies

Spring Breakers was an infamous disappointment.

Korine disguises an immoral glorification of an American iconoclast youth pretending to live the consummerist and self-destructive American dream with neon lights and directorial dissonant trademarks that reminds us of his minimalism clashes of sounds, imagery, reflections and anecdotes. Spring Breakers is a morally rotten, intelectually empty glamorization of criminal and carnal escapism, a shower of sexism and a stunningly generic product encapsulated by the boundaries of the genres it belongs to.

Mistakenly confused with a satire of the American dream when it offers nothing more than acceptance to an empty lifestyle, Korine does not even try to extract something emotionally appealing or a socially acceptable message from the "spring breaker" lifestyle. All of its characters, except maybe for one who realizes the consequences of such life and ends up escaping (being subtly ridiculed in the process) have nothing of value to offer. They are as empty as an atomic bomb shelter. There are no protagonists to root for. That last claim, however, is the case for many crime/gangster films where all characters pose against utopian ideals of freedom and social justice. I'm thinking of Scorsese. However, there is always a backfire. There is a reflection and an invitation to thought whenever the American underworld is portrayed. Empty guns like the The Fast and the Furious series can be blamed for the same stuff Spring Breakers can. Here, the backfire is softened, once again, by its rejectable glorification explicitly stated since its "Skrillex opening sequence". In this world, there are hardly consequences.

Was it conservative?

Actually yes, in that it's a scathing, though sublime indictment of degenerate youth/media culture.

Uh, pretty sure Pulp Fiction is the "white pulp fiction."

Nigga has an ice cream cone tattooed to his face. His opinion is shit.

Gucci is on top of the world right now. Kys yourself

Flocka pls

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

>something like 2% of US poplulation are kikes
>apparently 100% of Hollywood are jews

>are you one of those cospiracy theory nuts who think us G*d's chosen people control the media and influence and brainwash you by telling you and showing you what to think and what to do? Get out of here before I call you an antisemite!

I like you Gucci but white pulp fiction is missing the point of the film so much it's fucking crazy.

It kind of sucks.

The only good thing is the cinematography but it's one of BenoƮt Debie's lesser works and you'd be better off jumping into the pretentious assholery of Noe instead if that's your sort of thing.

It's the movie version of a smug reddit poster.

And worst of all, it's not enjoyable. It somehow makes doing a line of coke off of an Vanessa Hudgens ass look incredibly boring. And of course THAT'S THE POINT, there is NO FUN here. Only the illusion of fun. It's hallow, just like the characters, just like the film. It's all very dull and just obnoxious.

It's just shit.

>I just took Film 101 and...