True Detective

Seeing that season Three is in the works, Hollywood will no doubt be looking to us for inspiration. Post your ideas

>Who: Ben foster and Mark Strong

>Where: 1980s Canada (winter)

>Why Murderer/s bringing Gods fury on those deemed immoral (vigilante murders from within the police, church involved too, voice from above (or below) guiding them?)

>Theme:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Bwfm7-uNS4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DEp4pJ32Es8
youtube.com/watch?v=JuXMgO4hOyI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>You name the actors
>1996
>Texas
>Missing peoples
>Strange lights in the sky
>UFOcult
>Weird burned body (it's alien)

just bring back the first season's detectives working another case FFS

I'd rather they not. If they bring them back it gives them a chance to fuck them up. Just let season one remain great and try to make a new plot that isn't shit like season two.

yeah you're probably right

Early 90's, set in Sweden/Norway. Detectives looking into the black metal scene.

>neo nazis
>satanic blood sacrifices and shit
could be cool

I WILL NUKE YOU MOTHERFUCKER

>things reddit want

I bet you hated season 2 like this pleb this place is a shit hole

I didn't even watch S2, don't really care to. S1 will have set the standard and I don't think future seasons will be able to compete

deal with it

My idea? Don't do it. The second season was garbage. The first was amazing. Let it die.

Main issues with season 2 is that the story didn't feel as fleshed out as in the first one and vince vaughns character tried too hard to be a pseudo matthew mcconaughey from the first season

>the story didn't feel as fleshed out as in the first one
I'd disagree. The murder was always at the center of season 2, and all the corruption fitted into the story very well, around the murder.

In season 1 you get the memorable opening murder, and then just hear about other murders - I couldn't tell you the name of a victim. They then go on about some corruption but it's not fully explored, and it is not resolved - since the detectives end up in hospital for other detectives to do their work.

I mean I really like season 1 and I think the dialogue is much more consistent than season 2, but watching season 2 made me realise season 1 didn't really handle the corruption particularly well.

Nikolaj Coster-Waldu and Ingrid Berdal?

>Paul Giamatti and Guy Pearce as detectives
>NY 2016
>Two 20 year old dudes from boston violently killed in a penthouse. House full of cash, bricks of gold, and offshore accounts with dozens of millions. They dropped out of college, they were middle/low class and nobody saw them for almost 2 years.

Theme:

youtube.com/watch?v=DEp4pJ32Es8

Why even try? Season one set the bar so high they will fail again.

>Christopher Meloni and Kevin spacey
>1990s Miami
>Miami detectives investigate human trafficking cannibal voodoo/santaria cult after an alligator killed on a golf course has fifteen skulls in its belly and a strange cult tattoo

>again
It's yet to fail

>>Christopher Meloni and Kevin spacey
s Miami
>>Miami detectives investigate human trafficking cannibal voodoo/santaria cult after an alligator killed on a golf course has fifteen skulls in its belly and a strange cult tattoo

To spice things up, the alligator was found on mar a lago at trumps golf courses

They should do something near the Mexico border and involve a ritualistic series of murders that are disrupting the cartel internally

Congratulations dumbass that's literally the best way to ruin both the characters and their legacy.

Also :
Michael Nyqvist
Mads Mikkelsen
People turn up dead,maimed and gutted.Suspect is a killer animal at first but as the duo gathers the clues which were meticulously left for them to find ( things from their previous cases or some shit ),they finally realize that a remnant from their common past is on the loose and coming for them.

is that some niggers painting on the wall or just a mirror?

Btw, the solution to this is that the kids started to sell medicine and supplies for Venezuela in bitcoin, so the country kept their dictatorial government afloat this way. Eventually, CIA kills the kids because it is for the best interest of USA to get a revolution there.

I actually like the winter idea in Canada. Endless woods, heavy snowfall, heavy silence besides creaking snow and the sound of breathing. 10/10 would watch.

fuck that shit i dont want another fargo movie

>Britain, 1985
>Rowan Atkinson and Daniel Craig
>Random British shit happens

Honest Constable, Season 1

How much relevant is the King in Yellow in this series? I love the book but I dislike detective stuff.

>Chris Tucker and Mel Gibson
>Travel back in time to the year 1692 to investigate
>The Salem Witch Trials
>Gibson is pro-womanburning and Tucker is against it
>Which one will ultimately be able to say 'truly, we were a true detective'
>Theme song: In the End by Linkin Park

Would watch only if Hendricks agreed to expose breasts

>billabong

Instead of Lonestar being the brand in season 1, all characters would wear Billabong wide-brim hats

KINO

Gibson should accidentally let his power level slip at multiple occasions, like one time he accidentally says that he once saw his wife get raped by a pack of niggers, and Tucker hears him and is all, OH HAEEELLLLLLLLLLL NAWHH

Off the top of my head
>John Hawkes, Vincent Kartheiser
>Gilded Age
>A series of murders based on the writings of Nietzsche
>Skull and Bones, Robber Barons etc.

Duchovny and Mikkelsen. shit nigga I would watch the shit out of that.

>Who
Jeff Goldblum and Takeshi Kitano

>Where
Postwar Japan during the 50's (with Korean war still raging) in and around newly-established US bases and the recovering Japanese cities

>Why
Brutal semi-ritualistic murders were a disturbing but rare occurence in Japan, but when five corpses are found in five days, seemingly from the same killer, the instutitionally-inexperienced Japanese serious crimes division calls in an American consular police officer stationed in Okinawa. The stakes become international when another body is found inside the US army base and a diplomatic disaster seems inevitable.

>Theme song
youtube.com/watch?v=JuXMgO4hOyI

I'm with you except for Noe. Could he do a half way coherent season of tv?

>Stephen Graham, Vicky McClure, Joe Gilgun, Tom Turgoose, Channel Cresswell, Andrew Shim
>Set in the midlands late 80s
>Rival gangs. Skinhead, mods, rockers, punks etc
>Written and directed by Shane Meadows

>Takeshi Kitano
hahaha holy shit. Im with you on this user. Although I hope kitano stars with his old black hair, the white color doesnt suit him.

I need both Kitano doing English dialogue AND Goldblum doing Japanese dialogue.

>Watashi-ah watashi no namae, um, ofisa Johnu ah, Smithu

>Who:Rockwell and Shannon
>Where:Utah
>Setting:Mormonism, Mysticism
>Why:?

Pizzagate