28 year old career firefighter. AMA

28 year old career firefighter. AMA

Attached: E3A922CA-7B63-4A53-82B0-38BABD585D16.jpg (474x474, 54K)

how are people lighting fires without getting caught?

Why are you gay?

What types of fires is water ineffective against?

How big of a city do you cover? I mean, are you mainky focusing on car wrecks or actually doing fire shit

Easy, go into a vacant house in the middle of the night and start a small fire. It will take a good while before the fire becomes large enough for people to notice. This is very common during the winter because of squatters and homeless people shacking up in abandoned houses. The house is usually fully on fire by the time we get there because people don’t notice it at 3 in the morning

Is fire hot?

Fuel/oil fires but we carry foam for that. Electrical fires require this special shit called purple k but we don’t have that stuff. Only large departments like fdny carry it

It’s around 8 square miles but very busy and very high fire load. We have a lot of wood frame houses and they are built very close to each other

Sometimes it is. If a house is fully on fire it can make the house across the street light up just from the heat alone. Sometimes you pull up and the fire truck starts burning

how many firefighters are juiceheads

Not that many in my department, it’s more common among cops.

How do you make things burn really well?

Attached: backdraft-8.png (800x348, 355K)

how do i block up the smoke alarm on airplanes

interesting...brb dipping electrical wires in oil

Start it with something that’s hard to put out, like napalm

What do you do when you're not fighting fires?

You can try taping the entry holes up.

black turnout gear is fucking retarded for so many reasons. how come everyone switched from brown

Make food, clean, sit around and bullshit, play video games or watch tv, clean some more, sleep at night if we’re lucky. Oh and keeping the coffee pot full is pretty important

how much sleep do you get average, per day or per week

I’m not sure, my department has always used black. It’s hot as shit standing in the sun during the summer

We work 24 hours on and 72 hours off. I get about 4-5 hours of sleep at night but it’s usually never straight. It gets split up due to calls coming in. Some companies are slow and those guys sleep through the entire night

and think about how many accidents you respond to at night. you have some green reflector stripes and that's it. goddamn it makes me mad. there must be a reason all the departments are buying this shit

What's it like getting paid well to sit around all day?

It’s scary when we go to accidents on the highway. You don’t realize how fast cars are going until you are standing next to the median

How many widows of dead fire fighters have you fucked?

It’s give and take. I’ve caught 3 fires in one shift and have had nothing another. It’s not asking much to have some free time when you have this stressful of a job

What was dumbest call you were sent to?

do dangerous shit but come home safe. godspeed bro

None

>What do you do when you're not fighting fires?
Jerk off and collect the cum for fighting fires. And watch tv.

nice picture. you never rape a cat?

We don’t have trees for cats to get stuck in

sadly?

Probably when people have water leaking in there house. They expect us to fix it for them but all we do is shut the water off

Id really rather not get a scared cat out of a tree lol. We had a call where a cat was stuck in a wall. They were remodeling a bathroom and tiled the poor guy in there

Someone’s gotta do it

lmao