People who unironically like MDE and BvS criticizing Rick and Morty for being """""Reddit""""" and filling up every...

>people who unironically like MDE and BvS criticizing Rick and Morty for being """""Reddit""""" and filling up every thread with this bullshit

Yes I'm mad.

that use of greentext and spacing smells of reddit

>using greentext
>rick and morty
>spacing
>commas
>irony
>mention reddit
You need to go back

every rick and morty fan i've met irl was a psuedo asshole
show not bad tho

ironic shitposts are often not funny

I actually haven't seen anything mentioning R&M in like, 2 weeks at least.

And I lurk here daily

What I dislike about R&M is the creator's obnoxious lack of a sincere & dedicated approach to the show. The creator's revel in their ironic detachment, exemplified most of all in their improv episodes. As if preemptively shielding themselves from criticism by releasing something deliberately half-assed. It is emblematic to me of the creator's lack of genuine insight or a lack of conviction in their own ability. Which would be understandable given the personalities behind the show itself.

Half-assing is only real philosophy of the creators. The show is conceived & shaped through a click-bait understanding of science, a lifetime of media addiction & the only partially digested nietzschean philosophy of the creators. It knowingly spouts the kind of lazy, autodidact, self-serving, personal philosophy of those weaned in the information-era: "Nothing really matters so do whatever you want."

It's a half-baked nihilism dressed up as cynical realism used to justify a shallow unexamined lifestyle of hedonistic "Dopamine is the greatest good". Ironically championed by those who consider themselves more knowledgeable than the rest of the world because they're armed with an internet connection and a wikipedia tab. It aims to make its audience feel smart & clever without making them think too hard. To validates the choices they've already made & reinforces their lifestyles. To makes them feel superior while downplaying their own shortcomings.

In other words. It's reddit.

>That 9/11 commentary
>He who controls the banks controls the Galaxy

WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS?

I didn't see the new episode last night

give me a run down

It's fully baked existentialism.

>Dopamine is the greatest good

You do not understand this show.

>It's fully baked existentialism
you dont belong here reddit

Jerry is Ruler of Earth, but very unpopular.

Rick escapes off-camera, and Summer tricks him into helping the human resistance.

Morty uses one of Rick's inventions to make a clone of Jerry so he can be assassinated. Aliens leave Earth when the cloning machine creates infinite alien diseases.

Now Jerry lives in a closet in the house because all of humanity still hates him.

>It knowingly spouts the kind of lazy, autodidact, self-serving, personal philosophy of those weaned in the information-era: "Nothing really matters so do whatever you want."
That philosophy is about doing what you want without worrying about the judgement of others. Not that "nothing matters". I bet you think people support child raping and murder under this philosophy too.

who cares what autists here think. if you like it, keep watching. i personally like it.

And he drops the redpill
My second favorite review of rick and morty

It's an adult comedy.

>reddit post
>reddit show
>reddit image
It all checks out.

Nice try Dan Harmon

>Do I fit in yet guys?
What did this faggot mean by this?

Rick and Morty is a trash show to me, but seriously if everyone else here is talking about "foot game" and shit you should be able to talk about this too.

There's a duality here
Rick and Morty is great, it does exactly what it sets out to do well with interesting art and writing
The Crux in it is that it's literally what Reddit tries to be(or at least it's user base tried to pass themselves off as)
So while it's good(or it was I still haven't decided if the newest episode was good or not) it's not wrong to say it's reddit the show
For me I enjoy watching it with one of my best friends and when I need some white noise in the background while I work or read. Buy I also have to hear redditfags and because of them Normie's talk about it when I go places and it's annoying as fuck.
I haven't been as mad about a show(though I hardly ever watch any shows at all because the is cancer so it's rare for me) since I was in college and everywhere I fucking went I heard people talking about the big bang theory and how quirky it is and some of the pleb sciences it covers because they think it's le deep scientific discussion
It's problem is excessive exposure, just like '08-10 when adult swim finally got around to normie circles and all you ever heard people talk about was robot chicken.
If this shit ever happens to Freakazoid I'll be devestated

its a shitty cartoon for children that think its edgy to stay up late. Grow the fuck up

By the fucking screenshots posted on Sup Forums I can tell 9gag and meme is a Sup Forumseddit show and I haven't watched a single fucking episode.

not to mention the absolutely asscancerous community rivaling only game of thrones, sonic, mario and dr. who

>Rick escapes off-camera
Fucking hell thats lazy

>being unafraid to like things because others don't is reddit

sure is underage and insecure in here

>judging by shit I assume here's my uneducated opinion
Thank you user.

He's trolling you and pulled this out of his ass, you dipshit.

This post better be bait, you dumb fuck

user, DChads don't hate R&M?

WHO CONTROLS THE BANKS CONTROLS THE UNIVERSE

>watching a show made by a literal autist named Dan Harmon

jesus christ you are the fucking worst.

>implying Community was bad

Shut up, you dumb toilet

There's only been 2 improv episodes
Also the creation of the show is literally Justin Roiland locking himself in a room for a few days and writing non-stop then handing it to that fat faggot Dan Harmon and having him pick out what's good and what isn't and the rest of the team gets to work with dissecting it for a show
If you find that a problem for a show because it isn't "fluid" enough for you you clearly can't appreciate real story telling and need a single arch structure which is one of the most base and over uses writing styles the world has ever seen.
Episodic shows should be exactly that, episodic.
The motley space crew goes around the galaxy having adventures, the bandit crew traverses the world doing jobs, the bounty hunter/wandering knight goes around the world helping people/killing monsters.
All of those things should work that way but because Hollywood is shit and they have forced everyone to be incapable of enjoying stories without having some focal point or main villan they don't exist because there is always some master evil that you have to defeat and save the world/country/galaxy

>I know this thing is like this because of what other people say
>I have never watched it myself
You're an idiot

You're definitely overthinking this. You've deluded yourself to thinking the show is a 100% athiest nihilist cesspit, when in reality there are only a few quips relating to nihilism/athiesm/redditshit. And you know what, the creators only do that to show how much of an asshole Rick is.

You only look at the show this way because some redditors you don't even know look at Rick and say "Wow I like how he doesn't care, that's so cool." Don't blame the show for that, that's just people, as always, being stupid. You're not meant to idolise the way the characters act.

Also for someone who seems to hate the show for it's pseudo-intellectual fanbase that sure was a 'Look at me I use long words' critique.
>"a shallow unexamined lifestyle of hedonistic"
fuck off

I thought it was decent, even though I usually hate cartoons. All the burping and shit jokes are really most of what turned me off from it. Also cartoon voices are just fucking obnoxious. I hate cartoons for their lack of soberness and consistency, they are such stupid humor I can't even laugh at them. That said I did laugh at this show, at least the few episodes I could stand making it through. I'd give it 5/10 overall.

>havnt seen one of the oldest R&M copy pastas around
you are making it WAY too obvious holy shit

anyone pretending to like BvS is a troll

This, to be honest.

Then you must be retard, because there where non-stop reddick and memey threads since the new episode aired yesterday

Who is this semen demon

me

I honestly don't get why people like Rick & Morty -- I just don't.

It's like if a teenage nihilist binged Futurama and had drawing skills.

I cannot comprehend how people think it's good.

Truth is truth, a joke is a joke.

R&M is Sup Forums put to television. Highbrow and gutter.

Dan is this you?

>implying any user would stoop so low as to be Dan Harmon

Jesus Christ.

id like to know what shit you consider good television

rick & morty is literally the only show on tv atm not drowned in neoliberalism. is there any critique you can make other than "reddit likes it"?

Rick and Morty is fucking awful. It oozes pretentiousnes

Dan Harmon ruins everything, someone kill him please.

10/10 don't care if this is pasta

My critique never included "reddit likes it".

I just don't get why people like it. I'd sooner watch the worst Futurama episode on repeat.

At one point someone actually typed this geniunely believing he is bringing valid criticism on the table

>calls a show insincere/pretentious
>the whole text is psuedointellectual garbage

Shut up and enjoy whatever you can you sperglords and if you don't fuck it, just shut the fuck up already. Complaining about shit and not liking stuff don't make you look smarter

but you don't offer any critique. tell me exactly what aspect of rick and morty you think is bad.

>I'd sooner watch the worst Futurama episode on repeat

futurama is a nice show, has clever writing in a sense of comedic timing, but doesn't escape neoliberal ideology. it's set in the us, a futuristic parody of it that's still pretty much the same, and uses the same old tropes based on nationality caricatures and stereotypes. Most episodes have a specific mold they follow, and while some characters do seem to escape these tropes and ideology (like bender), it's ultimately simpsons in space with better writing and more interesting characters.

Suck my dick.

I think Rick's constant reminder that he doesn't actually gice a fuck is a reaction to the cliche bullshit we see on tv all the time
>he acts like that but he actually cares for his family
No, fuck that. I'm glad finally someone is taking this road. The "smartest man in the universe" doesn't have to abide by your weakminded rules
I hope they make him even more uncaring hence evil in perspective

>that one triggered samefag ITT

>say stupid shit about a show you haven't watched
>get called out as cancer
>hurr durr u mad u mad u mad? u triggered lmao :^)
Go back to whatever shithole you came from

>What did this faggot mean by this?
What did he mean by this?

>durr it uses big words it is dumb

It adequately states some valid criticisms you philistine.

I know it's pasta

no it isn't, the guy who made the pasta is literally crying that an adult cartoon show isn't striving for an intellectual masterpiece.

I gave it another chance, read it thoroughly and still can't find a single coherent idea in that shit
Only gist I gather from the passage is the "do I fit in yet?" subtext:
>nihilism is dumb
Which certainly is an ignorant stance to take. I get why some philosophical titles are regarded as emo crap here but one shouldn't be too quick to dismiss them as angsty teen BS just because angsty teens seem to be drawn to the shallow shores of these ideas. Hating something because of its fanbase is equally lame

having standards is crying.

Personally kinda bummed about the wasted potential to be honest.

Why does this show trigger alt righterinas again? Because it makes fun of religious people a few times?

Standard divide and conquer shit.

There will always be edgy contrarians here. We all loved it before its popularity skyrocketed, but now the cyber-hipsters feel obligated to shit on it.

They basically do the "atheist in a fox hole" scenario in season 2 episode 1, so it's obvious the show doesn't completely shove away the idea of faith.

Rick knows his universe is a miniverse. He's just pissed that that universe's version of him doesn't visit.

allow me to translate:

-The sole driving idea behind the show is that nothing matters.

-this mentality can be found in the fact that there is no structure, or at least it shifts constantly (almost no continuity in s1, lots of stupid emotional relationship stories in 2) so it seems like they are just making t up as they go along

-no character is likeable, or relatable

2 a lot of humor is just very basic (scientist man says stupid made up words, that's wierd) effectively lowering the bar.

-radical dips in quality throughout due to 'go with the flow', slacker style of witing and production

kind of see what you mean, not really answering his question though

Well, that's just like your opinion man
I like almost all characters and humor is quite abundant, if you don't seek puns like a faggot
The "keep summer safe" bit was really good imho

>-The sole driving idea behind the show is that nothing matters.

No it isn't. It's that anything matters.

>-this mentality can be found in the fact that there is no structure, or at least it shifts constantly (almost no continuity in s1, lots of stupid emotional relationship stories in 2) so it seems like they are just making t up as they go along

The structure is a rambling dialog. Like Old Man and the Sea. Or Ulysses.

>-no character is likeable, or relatable

I don't even.

>2 a lot of humor is just very basic (scientist man says stupid made up words, that's wierd) effectively lowering the bar.

Absurdist.

>-radical dips in quality throughout due to 'go with the flow', slacker style of witing and production

True.

I agree there was fun to be had lawyer morty

just sad that a good series (season one) went into mediocrity so fast

>I will keep mentioning reddit
>I will keep behaving as I would on reddit
>I will not make even the slightest attempt to adjust to the site and its customs
>I will get triggered and bitch when called out
>why do they call me reddit and tell me to fuck off?

>No it isn't. It's that anything matters.
if anything matters, doesn't that mean that mattering is meaningless?

>The structure is a rambling dialog. Like Old Man and the Sea. Or Ulysses.

The format is too conventional to be labelled as post-modern. The idea, again is interesting, only completely lost on a comedy animated show.

>I don't even.

Morty is obvious here, but he is just portrayed as so dumb that it's either a sublte insult at the viewer, or not meant to be. the series seems to have a lot of contempt for morty. Rick is completely detached from the viewer by design. the rest of the family is too one-dimensional.

>Absurdist.

not even, because they have established this as a trait of the character. Absurdism comes from a complete destruction of expectations. You just know rick is going to say poop poop fart. the expectation here is that a smart man doesn't say that, but it doesn't go any further.

>true
nice to see we can agree on something

that's just my opinion though You can't argue over taste

>if anything matters, doesn't that mean that mattering is meaningless?

Not if anything can matter. Just fucking pick something.

>The format is too conventional to be labelled as post-modern. The idea, again is interesting, only completely lost on a comedy animated show.

Then don't label it post-modern.

It would work as a radio show or a play. If they could animate it as quickly as we get South Park, we'd be getting shitty first drafts, if it took as long as Simpsons, we'd be getting traditional cartoons, it's at the sweet spot for the format. It's the only show that could possibly do an improv show and have it broadcast.

>Just fucking pick something

The show just sends mixed messages and has lost me desu. Pretty much anyone who cares about something gets shit on in the show though.

>radio show or play

Absolutely. I think the animation is actually holding them back. Then again, they like to do a lot of action sceses so who knows.

Personally I enjoy the show for the same reason I found Suicide Squad more tolerable than most comic book movies; it's also why actors will generally prefer playing the villain.

S03E01 cemented it for me: Rick is Nietzschean Ubermensch, with all the endemic flaws. He's numbed himself to caring and meaning through his 'emancipated' addiction to dopamine. He's a reckless alcoholic who manages to cover it up thanks to his intellect. And he's an abusive, selfish monster, who gets away with it because of how successful he is at manipulating others.

He is a terrible person, who's utterly miserable, like Heisenberg from Breaking Bad. He's what would happen if we gave in to our worst impulses - and thus he's relateable.

That's what I enjoyed about Suicide Squad; just how broken Harley Quinn was, how she'd fallen into becoming a BPD/Codependent for her narcissistic nigger of a boyfriend (though to be frank, I could have done without the nigger grill on the Joker).

The Reddits, however - they seem to completely miss the point. They think being a mentally-ill, blue-haired freak is admirable; or that being an abusive monster like Rick is an achievement to strive for.

I'll give the series major props if - during the final season - it's finally revealed that Rick isn't a super-genius super-scientist, but rather a hallucinating alcoholic, supported by a suffering family, who dyes of liver cirrhosis and the realization that he wasted his life.

>tfw even their improv episodes are better than anything else on tv atm

seriously, they can bullshit in front of a mic and it's still better than any other garbage produced in the us

>faggots think this is good analysis

Ahh yes, there he is. The Rick and Morty fan who is so upset that his taste is not validated that he has to act it's all due to contrarianism and that Rick and Morty was actually beloved in here up until it became popular, completely oblivious to the fact that, even back in 2013 and 2014, reception of the show was mostly mixed and it only got more negative once more people started finding out about it. Of course you have to act as if there was a period in time where your taste was more validated, because it's crystal clear you weren't actually here during this period.

We call it Reddit because it encapsules a lot of things we hate about Reddit culture and what they deem good. Unbearably forced memes and the repetition of them (get schwify xDD wubba lubba derp derp), hamfisted "feels" moments which exist for the fans to go "wow so deep" and to give the show at least some form of substance (due to a lack of genuine insight or a lack of conviction in it's comedy), half-baked nihilism dressed as cynicism, a quippy invincible and condescending main character who's "totally depressed and stuff" (as if it made him less of a self-insert), and of course, can't forget those pop culture references and that half-assed art style.

You know those ironic Family Guy memes that poke fun at how poorly the show has aged ? You know how a lot of us used to love Family Guy back when we were impressionable edgy teenagers who thought they were smarter than everyone else, and nowadays we feel embarassed for even liking it ? That's you. That's exactly what's going to happen to Rick and Morty and it's fans. This scenario of the week memefest is aging like cum and a lot of us are noticing this and jumping ship. That's what happened with Family Guy.

And it'll happen to you.

Is this pasta ?

RLM are the living embodiment of the smug, detached Gen-X ethos.

I'd venture to guess none of them has felt a single sincere conviction about anything since childhood. They exist as polyps upon the colon of culture, satiating themselves on the perceived failures of others (i.e. "The Man") while adding nothing new to the discourse aside from ironic complaint.

They're a group of insecure, lost, rapidly aging burnouts who silently believe they could do a better job of making films than the professionals in the industry. Yet they lack the ambition and ability to actually enter the very industry they're obsessed with. They choose instead to fuck around and make student film piss-takes well into middle age.

They are awful, awful people. I've met thousands just like them, and the last thing we need is for these people to gain any attention for their navel gazing.

Please, Sup Forums, do not aspire to become anything like these people. Theirs is a lonely road leading to depression and a life devoid of real purpose.

I hope they disappear and their disaffected followers stop subsidizing their lifestyle. Perhaps that would force them to do something productive with themselves.

>we

cringy newfag

Might be pasta but I'm saving this for later

Just grabbed this off the "evil" board

Rick and morty is just the big bang theory dressed up for reddit manchildren

>we
who is we?

its incredibly clear you don't understand what the word neoliberal means.

funny thing is that you're the one that doesn't know what neoliberal means. you're probably american too, and call social liberals "left".