What's the single greatest video game ever made? Is it pic related?

What's the single greatest video game ever made? Is it pic related?

Attached: A Link To The Past 1.jpg (800x560, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

celestialheavens.com/forum/10/16657
youtube.com/watch?v=ppV2EMfbk0w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: Mega_Man_X_Coverart.png (250x185, 111K)

Nope. Your question is subjective. Objectively, the single greatest video game ever made would be the one that started the fad and made them popular. So, regardless what any mother fucker may think, PONG takes it home. Fuck your Pacman, fuck your Adventure, and super fuck your retarded text based adventures.

no, it certainly isn't the fucking one you posted.

Minecraft

Sorry but it hits all the marks

Close, but no cigar. It's actually Ocarina of Time.

fight me

Attached: Dragon_Warrior.jpg (256x372, 142K)

Big fucking yikes.

Right console, wrong game. I'm fucking 18 years old & never grew up with this, and it still blows me away with how much of a masterpiece it is

Attached: FF6.jpg (480x360, 57K)

Alundra was better

pokemon go

Go back to Sup Forums

I'd rather have a remake of this instead of VII, to be honest. Everyone is too busy jacking off Cloud that they forget about Kefka.

It doesn't need a remake, it's perfect the way it is. All it needs is a fucking sprint button & lower encounter rate

Use the fucking sprint shoes you faggot. That’s literally what they’re for.

Nigger please. Scale it up to 2.5D with enhanced audio, voice acting, and an updated translation for the script.

>lower

lol dude they did shit like that to make maps feel bigger. if they dropped the encounter rates for anything pre- and including some playstation rpgs, they'd feel fucking tiny for how fast you'd get through stuff.

Attached: 1450043525557.jpg (595x398, 53K)

> Voice Acting
No, name one Square Enix game with good voice acting. Oh wait you can't

Attached: Raziel[1].jpg (800x600, 48K)

you can't be on here. this site is for adults.

FPBP

No contest.

Attached: 564.png (220x261, 127K)

>listening to the opera midi tracks in 2019

Sorry, but I'd rather have something instead of nothing.

Sup zeldude.
That God damn music haunts me

>ocarina of timre
>mincraft
>majoras mask
>combat arms
>smb 3

Attached: 1483534442931_bd56ijc9s.gif (256x401, 1.6M)

that's cause they were all for niggers after you no longer had to read.

if you havent played this game youre a fucking faggot

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 209K)

Attached: 2ADAE200-82DC-44F6-807D-2CF613B28E0E.jpg (630x630, 100K)

Earthbound for me.

This for me.

Attached: Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence.jpg (600x800, 423K)

Sehr gutes Spiel

Attached: [email protected] (1800x1272, 588K)

Attached: 834F501E-14C8-46C8-B052-7BC8B867F3A8.jpg (1496x2144, 953K)

Nope. This is the best game of all time

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 191K)

Its tetris
fite me

Attached: Tetris blocks.jpg (1429x732, 145K)

yes. until breath of the wild

Portal is the best puzzle game

Portal is good to

There's no reason to play this mediocre game when Metroid Prime, Deus Ex & Bioshock exist

Attached: Shadow of The Colossus.jpg PS4.jpg (1600x830, 131K)

no, this is objectively wrong.
lets go arena shooter
quake didn't start this, but quake fucking ended it by being the perfect game with no improvements to be made while staying inside the genre possible.

you can look at most games, the game that made said genre popular is rarely ever the best in the genre.

Hell FUCKIN' YEAH MAH CHERIE

there is a definite argument to be made in favor of vanilla wow.

everquest has a bit too much of the game dedicated by game dev logic, and quality of life improvements to the game and genre happened after its release

with that said, everquest is the only mmo that can suck me in for 1-115 level and gear grinds.

vanilla wow kinda fucks with my ability to enjoy other games, the progression/mmo elements make time spent feel somehow more worthwhile so in comparison if i spend a few hours really enjoying an rts for instance it kinda of feels like a waste of time when that particular game ends and everything is gone. whereas on wow i could do some boring shit like farming and i feel like i have accomplished something even though i didnt really enjoy myself. kind of irritating

>fatty
however, then we'd be talking about Dark Souls

Attached: Attach23850_20191012_162126.jpg (1516x1758, 553K)

yea, thats most games for me anymore after playing involved never ending rpgs, multiplayer is just going to give me a number that's gone after the match, where as I could boot up an arpg and in that 10 minutes I may find the best loot in the game and have it for good.

I love Portal, one of my favorite games

Attached: PORTAL_WALLPAPER.jpg (1920x1080, 85K)

Not really the best, or my favourite, but many fun times were had playing this with the homies, I miss those days.

Attached: 220px-Destiny_XBO.jpg (220x262, 22K)

Please be joking

Judge me as you may, for I have already won.

Attached: pmheader-1.jpg (735x520, 185K)

Attached: DEC077FE-6C60-4321-B544-DADBE9149A7A.jpg (1440x1308, 196K)

Pong was a prototype, but its not what made games popular. It's only in retrospect we discover its the first electronic game, and so it becomes a novelty. Much like the Eniac was the first digital computer, but Windows was what popularized the computer.

By that argument, I'd say SMB1 popularized video games, coupled with the release of the NES home console.

By another metric, the best selling game of all time is Minecraft. I honestly think its overrated and genuinely enjoyed 7's gameplay better. Materia is fucking fun as fuck. Couldn't give a fuck about weebshit, but VI must have been oversold for me.

I'm a MM fanatic, but I feel like the other games improved on the genre. Am sad they never repeated the "beating a level affects others" mechanic though.

Blood Omen was excellent. Defiance was a cool ending, but the gameplay got tedious.

Damn. Good. Candidate. Pinnacle of its own series and probably of its genre.

Arguments can be made, but Goldeneye is Halo for GenY and there are other puzzle adventure games. Like probably has more of a claim than Okami.

It's excellent, but much like the above, I don't think it will be a timeless classic.

It's objectively MGSV

heroes 3 best game your favourite game can suck it

Attached: homm3.jpg (220x279, 35K)

i bought full series couple days ago

despite my inflammatory claim above i actually have more of a fondness for 2, it was my first and the atmosphere / music / art style has a quality that 3 doesn't quite match. highly recommend playing 2 and then 3 and not bother with the others but im a nostalgic autist so maybe your experience will differ

Objectively true. I don't think there has ever been a bigger game.

Attached: soviet_mudkip.jpg (600x600, 66K)

Attached: HOMMiii.jpg (639x361, 47K)

my n word

I prefer 3 to 2, but 2 is good and worthwhile.

I'm neither of you, and I agree this is a legit possibility. It's timeless, and no matter how much I play it it never stops being fun as fuck.

People dont even know.

Attached: 166457-dragon-warrior-monsters-game-boy-color-front-cover.jpg (800x803, 170K)

that's a weird way to spell Chrono Trigger

put it on Octopath Traveller's graphical engine and I'll take it

It could be, O.P., it could be.
My choice would be impossible for me to make because all of the variety of games I'd played through the years.
I'm pretty sure in the next decade there will be a slew of games made that quite possibly be perfection for video games in general with all the advancements in technology and the developers getting more privy and experience with how much more complex it is to make a game in these times.

I preffered 2 over 3 but I still loved both.
I also had a fondness for some instalments of the main serie. Might and Magic 6 & 7, if I remember right. They had a certain charm to them

The first Zelda game I've ever played and i really enjoyed it. For me personally it is a masterpiece and a 10/10.

If we go by "most players", games like fortnite and candy crush would rank high.
And there's no way they would be contenders for "best game ever"

yeah i love the might and magic games too, 7 & 8 are the ones for me. 6 is objectively better in certain ways but i always had difficulty getting immersed in it

some industrious fellows have merged them together based on mm8 engine celestialheavens.com/forum/10/16657 installed and checked it out briefly and it looks pretty great but i havent got around to playing properly yet

That's true, I like going back to it and completing the scenarios and campaigns every once in a while. You can also download countless custom scenarios and campaigns from the fanbase making it even more timeless, if that's even possible.

Oh, thanks for the link, I'll take a look.
It's one of those games I could reinstall once in a while just for nostalgia's sake. Like Theme Hospital or Transport Tycoon Deluxe

Attached: nethack7.png (508x403, 4K)

What about OOT aswell though? That was pretty incredible

The question is damn hard to answer since it encompasses all genres, and what makes a "perfect" video game is very subjective.

I could argue that for me it would be "the latest mario kart", since it's likely to be the game that I'll enjoy the most with friends around.

A very underrated ps2 game. Its got interesting combat and a storyline with surreal dreams.

Attached: dualhearts_1-257821.jpg (604x547, 89K)

there were dedicated Sup Forums threads since the alpha days. so we find ourselves in a predicament here, newfriend

More like overrated. Honestly though it was a bit meh. It's just Google maps with added mini games with pretty under whelming rewards that gets very repetitive (capturing gyms feels pointless) If it wasn't pokemon and other random animals or bugs you wouldn't play it.

Going by mobile apps it will be bigger but that doesn't mean better. Ingress was out before it with more complex gameplay and more features that isn't targeted at children giving more of a adult community. Played this before pogo so I was very disappointed how lacking pogo was. I feel like I run out of pokeballs before I can catch them all and it's frustrating and unfun and I never had that problem with ingress. Walking around for pokeballs to catch mostly pokemon you don't care about so you can put it in a gym for the the sake of owning for no reason at all just got boring for me.

Best game ever

Attached: E0ED8119-A282-4F77-BEE1-7C58A4F46534.jpg (640x449, 67K)

Chrono Trigger

Attached: Deus_Ex.jpg (600x746, 57K)

Oh shit.

This and the original are two of my favorite games of all time. Something about the universe of paper mario was just super awesome and cozy.

Good game

I'm curious to see if Cyberpunk will manage to overthrow it

Bloodborne beats everything else posted in this thread by miles.

MGSV is objectively superior to bloodborne on all levels.

HOMM3 and Isaac for replayability

But if you put replayability aside A link to the past is a great game that i've finished a couple of time but it's only a one time story.

Gonna trigger some faggots with this one, but the single player was legitimately one of the best experiences I've had playing a video game, and I 100% plan to get it for PC.

Attached: 1186.jpg (600x315, 25K)

I played DS1, DS2, DS3, and Bloodborne. I'll rakn them in order.

>DS1
>DS3
>DS2
>Bloodborne

Even DS2 could hold me for a few hours before I got bored. Bloodborne was just shit. DS3 is the only one that came close to DS1, and even then, it didn't live up to it.

VtmB did not make the cut cuz it needs mods to be not broken

Attached: 220px-Thief_The_Dark_Project_boxcover.jpg (220x281, 15K)

RDR2 is by far the best game right now and nothing from the late 90s like zelda can beat it

fuck yeah my nigga. I have been posting this game in every thread like this no one has ever postred it themselves or responded.
This is a better pokemon game that somehow no one knows about.

Bully was a better rockstar game than RDR2

Attached: jet-set-radio-img-4.jpg (462x260, 36K)

thief was dope. halfway through, it goes totally bizarre. i finished it. i didn't like the sequel though but i have it in my steam, with the two new thief games but it's just, it's too cheesy steampunk. the two new thief reboots are slick and different. the original was dope. total atmosphere.

youtube.com/watch?v=ppV2EMfbk0w

I grew up in the '90s, and I honestly agree. I have so much nostalgia for those old games, but I RDR2 is just so goddamn enjoyable to me.

For me, Bully is a close second. I do agree it's one of their greatest games though. I'd love to see a sequel, but they'd have to make it a prequel or something. I feel like modern tech would ruin the feel.

I Love Minecraft

Sam and Max

Attached: download.jpg (640x400, 117K)

Played a lot of good games in my day, but none that I felt were as complete a package as this one.

Attached: The Witcher 3 (2).jpg (1920x1080, 487K)

Based. It really was fantastic

i also never got the hype surrounding Thief 2. It has a few new gadgets that allow for some neat tricks like the Eye but it did not feel as dreamlike as the original.
Thief might not get the crown in terms of raw inovation or gameplay but it has to be the king in terms of emersion.