Homer thinks Bart is turning Gay Episode

>this wouldn't be able to be made today

Remember when having a gay character on tv was seen as a rare event?

It would, but everybody would be all happy about Bart being gay, and Lisa would read a piece about the struggles of the gay men and women throughout the years.

>homer : those poor men and women.. not allowed in bars!
>marge : yes I'm very glad we as a nation have finally embraced these people.
>Lisa : did you know that in *country* being gay is still punishable by death?
>Bart : I'm not gay tho
>Homer : its okay to come out of the closet now Bart!!
>Marge : yes come out sweetie!!
>Bart : I'm going to Millhouse.
>Homer : Yes be with the one you love!
>Bart gets mocked by Nelson outside
>Millhouse is all supportive and tries to make Bart the bottom
>Bart : NOT. GAY.

>We work hard. We play hard.

I remember watching some episode where they were happy that they thought Abe was gay. They had baloons a whole homoparty planned out for him

HOT STUFF COMING THROUGH

Smithers has been there since episode one.

>Its an original opening episode

>the hands are black now

I haven't noticed. Is it racist or progressive?

>episode where Homer learns to accept gay people and at the end says that will be ok with Bart no matter what he is
>not being able to be made today

Smithers was strictly Burns-sexual till they decided to just make him fully gay.

it's not the message, it's about people stupidity.

It's Apu.

Be nice!

Jesus , it's so.. Static and soulless.

That would mean showing Homer's intolerance for the first 15mins. Idiots don't care how it ends

remember when having a gay character on screen was an event representative of their prevalence in real life, remember when you didn't need a hamfisted 'coming out' episode for a character that was already established to be gay

Homer, he enjoys the company of men.

Either one depending on which delusional individual you talk to.

This never ceases to piss me off. It's just so telling of the entire modern entertainment industry, whether it be music, television, art, video games, movies, etc.

We have technology our fathers only dreamed of when they were our age. We have the ability to create movies and effects with greater fidelity at a cheaper pricepoint than ever before. With advances in cameras, film techniques, CGI, and computer animation content creators have practically limitless resources to realize their artistic vision to it's fullest extent.

In practically every single industry in the history of mankind, as the tools improve, so does the quality of the product. Except media. Media seems to be the sole exception of this rule. The more advanced CGI and special effects get, the worse movies seem to get. The more better computer animation gets, the worse cartooms get. The more advanced game engines get, the worst video games get.

I don't get it at all, and it really pisses me off. We could be in a golden age of kinos, but for whatever reason despite having resources more advanced then any other time in history, they churn out lazy shit like this.

zzzap

>More better

>what is a nostalgia filter

Remember when Lisa used be a subtle voice of reason and not an insufferable turboliberal? She was my favorite character for years.

weeb culture turned him gay.

Samurai Jack has issued in a new era of kino

The dog from family goy too

It's fucking weird bruh, a rebooted children's cartoon is 100x better animated and has more emotional depth than the currently running adult cartoons.

And no, "muh depression/sex life/alcoholism" doesn't add emotional depth if it's not done well.

Every era has its share of classics and its army of absolute trash.

Do you like modern simpsons?

>Top half of the gif
>Painstakingly animated by hand
>Conveys cartoonish amounts of emotion

>Bottom half of the gif
>Computer animated, saving massive amounts of labor, time, and money
>Conveys no emotion

>It's just your nostalgia filter, the bottom one is obviously superior due to it's oversaturated colors and sharper lines.

ZZAP!

New tech and new formats means creators have to learn to adapt, and that doesn't happen overnight.

You could shoot a deer, that's like shooting a beautiful man.

This episode has always been one of my favourites since every line is just genius.

It was a shit episode anyway. What's your point?

>MARGE, the value of this house will plummet, now we can't say only straight people have only been here

There's no way that would ever get said on today's television.

Oh, be nice!

I guess you have a point. A lot of top-tier silent movie actors turned out to be really shitty when they started appearing in talkies.

Just look at Sir Ian McKellen. He is indisputably one of the greatest actors of our time but even he has a very hard time working with new technology and techniques.

>It's fucking weird bruh, a rebooted children's cartoon is 100x better animated and has more emotional depth than the currently running adult cartoons.
You sound a lot like a ponyfag.

But is he wrong?

>"So this is your sick mother?"
He was always fully gay.

>episode about the media randomly accusing people without facts and ruining their lives
NEVER would be fucking made today unless they said it was specifically only Fox News and internet blogs doing it.

>Everything is MLP

>Apu
Is it racist or progressive?

>give apu 300 kids
>the reason is muh twins.

Thuff*

But that's portrayed as a negative thing in the show though.

Your standars are too high.
Also, in CGI we have hit the law of diminishing returns.
You can't get "better" and "better" CGI at this point, only wait for the breaking through HumanLike CGI, that I assume with come with a revolution in technology as modern engines and 3D software will never achieve this.
I'm a Maya user since 2014.

It works like this:
Imagine you're a young director. When you were a teenager, you made films in your backyard, your basement, and all over town because you loved filmmaking. You had a budget of exactly $0, but it didn't matter because your talent with cinematography didn't rely on money, but on the amount of passion you gave to each and every project. You placed limitations on what your movies could be, and your movies excelled under those limitations.
Now, it's your big break: a big-time studio has just hired you to direct a medium-budget movie! At first you don't know where to start; you've never had access to this many resources before. So you dedicate as much time and effort as you always have to your movies to make the best movie possible under the (now much larger) limitations. And it's great! Fans love it, critics love it, and you have your in to Hollywood.
But then many years pass, you get handed a big-budget blockbuster. The studio tells you you have no limitations on your budget. You can do whatever you want. The technology seems so powerful, beyond anything you've ever thought within your reach. So you overstep yourself. Instead of making a passion project, you decide that the mere presence of this wonderful new technology will make your project good. And guess what? The majority of the masses don't even notice the flaws, don't even realize how little time was spent making sure everything was exactly as it should be. You're encouraged by the public and the studio to continue churning out the same shit because it's no longer about passion; it's about making the most money off of the least amount of work. And it works.
The same applies for cartoons, video games, comic books, you name it: if it can be produced on a mass scale with little effort and minimum backlash, it will be.

I get your point, but I don't really think Ian is a good example. He still delivers as an actor, he's just very displeased with the production method. And rightfully so.

>fully gay
>you're not gay if you're just attracted to one man
Come on now.