Mexicans, I need to know...were the Mayans really this dark?

Mexicans, I need to know...were the Mayans really this dark?

why would they know?
why would anyone know for that matter?

also, probably not, they must have been the same as the rest of the natives.

The natives varied in skin colour though. Also the Peruvian "shrunken heads" look black but I think it's because they cover it in ashes or something. Otherwise they would be good examples of preserved bodies.

>The natives varied in skin colour though.

yes, barely.

like how an entire black family is different shades of black.

not that much difference.

They still have the same skintone

Whatever they're trying to do with their hair is not working.

No, they're like milk chocolate color
t. see mayans every day

I heard that modern Mayans aren't even related to the ancient ones and that ancient Mayans disappeared long before European contact so idk who to believe

Yes, they are not wh*Te subhumans.

I'm guessing yes.

Some Iberians tan to light brown, other to reddish depending where they are from.

They described the Spaniards as pale skinned with gigantic beards, after months at sea getting sun non-stop.

A tan is nothing like centuries of natural selection though. I think they varied since there are paintings of Mayans with a wide range of colours. Some claim that this is because they painted their bodies but I don't believe it because you wouldn't see the same cultural tradition throughout various different societies and why would they only paint themselves skin tone colours? Pretty sure the Brazilian natives had red and white paint so why are there no depictions of that? It doesn't make sense to me.

That's not true
At least in my country the mayans were enslaved and the bloodlines persist
Today's mayans are the same ethnicity as ancient mayans
I mean it just happened 500 years ago its not that much time

it's just being punk
it looks the same everywhere
I especially like the dude who's got hair coming up through holes he cut through his toque though, that shit's crazy

Well I had seen a documentary that discussed the "mysterious disappearance" of the Mayans. Apparently they vanished for no reason, leaving behind their cities as if they were forced to evacuate by some disaster. I don't know how true it is, but I think if modern Mayans were the real thing they'd be able to give information about past events and cultural traditions

They didn't just vanish
They were conquered and driven out of their cities by force
The culture and tradition is still very much alive

I have no idea honestly.

I just know how they described Spaniards ( they caught some of them and sacrificed them, that's when they realised they weren't gods).

But they described man that were at sea for months getting sunburn as pale. So at most, they were chocolate colour more or less?

>why would anyone know?
proceeds to try and answer

Yes, why does that confuse you?

Mexico is 90% white you an*Mefag

This. Though Mayans did completely disappear from here. They abandoned Copán even before the Spaniards came.

what a shithole

I know

w2c elmo shirt?

post mayas