Can this squad win the Champions League?

Can this squad win the Champions League?

They can. But they won't

No

Why not?

that entire defense is fucking shit
mourino should do what guardiola did and spend 140m on 2 actual good defenders because the offense is clearly there but I really cant see Jones and Smalling winning anything but 2nd place in EPL and CL quarter finals anytime soon.

Because there are quite a few better teams in the competition

Maybe if every other team dies in seperate plane crashes.

Man Utd have the fewest goals conceded this year in the PL, and the second fewest goals conceded last year.

>de GAY
lol haha

yet they are still 2nd behind mancity and just 3 points above chelshit you dumb fuck, you're just proving my point

Defence is pretty crap, but the main issue is having Pogba that deep.

Bringing in another cm and pushing him up would solve that. He's far too much of a creative player to be sat that deep.

>le park the bus team has fewest goals conceded in the PL
No fucking shit

Imagine fucking Jones and Smalling against Coutinho/Messi/Dembele or Cavani/Neymar/Mbappe fucking lol

That isn't due to their defence tho, it's the GK and wildy defensive tactics that keep goals out

No, you’re point was that the defense was shit, you fucking mongoloid.

>Dembelel

That’s Mourinho and De gea lad

this, and while defensive tactics are legitimate in CL, they are effective only if you have a great defensive line which this manutd doesn't have
so I'm going with no and I see them knocked out by anyone they get after sevilla or even sevilla

ofcourse it's shit you stupid spic, it's a CL thread so you should compare them with actual potential CL winners from both EPL and the rest of yurop, not with Stoke City and Swansea

Mou won with a less talented squad in porto.

You mean the Swansea that beat the Liverpool team that beat the best team in the universe?

>beating monaco, lyon, deportivo
lmao

dont play dumb fagget

>monaco, lyon, deportivo
>Implying these teams were shit in 2004

>A monaco team that beat real madrid and chelsea on the way to the final.

Don't play dumb fagget.

>madrid memegalacticos and chelsea pre-mourinho werent shit
lmao

lyon was alright, monaco was leicester tier, and deportivo didnt give a shit anymore and were on their way to becoming shit

>preseason
>china
>Everyone walking around like they didn't care
>romero

naw m8

>this dumb argument
Yes all teams are shit except when they're not shit.

>w-we didn't care
mouyes did. shaw, rojo, bilnd and mktargaryan were all frozen out for a long time after this

Daily reminder that Chelsea won the CL with luiz, cahill, cole and fucking bosingwa while parking the bus

>Johnny Foreigners

It's a great defence you massive spastics. When Bailly is back for Smalling and Shaw or Rojo in for Young and it's one of the best defences in Europe.

They haven't conceded a single goal in 2018 ffs. One of the fewest goals conceded in the whole of Europe. Only Barcelona have conceded less goals in the Champions League so far.

>Imagine fucking Jones and Smalling
Terrifying.

if you dont rate all 4 of those guys over fucking smalling and jones, youre retarded

>Young - Jones - Smalling - Valencia
>2018
I'm pretty sure I posted this every year since 2011 or so

>pre-season
You're taking the piss, right

>It's a great defence you massive spastics.
no

>They haven't conceded a single goal in 2018 ffs.

Incredible feat against the mighty attacking forces of Derby, Yeovil, Stoke and Everton.

>the pogba meme
every damn time

This line up would stand a much better chance.