ITT: Directors that have ruined cinema forever

ITT: Directors that have ruined cinema forever

Every movie's got to be "dark and gritty" because of this faggot, and now all space movies have to be boring, stale and "scientifically accurate", too, which means shit characters, 99% science jargon dialogue, and no sound in space.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T7kK6vvxQrs
youtu.be/TV1767i8X4Q
youtu.be/i6XkEEzjVFA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Marvel pleb spotted

>implying Spiderman 3 didnt usher in edgy capeshit

Xmen 2000 kickstarted the whole capeshit meme

kys

He's one of the few semi-authentic mainstream directors left today

He made the good movies during the good era (the Call of Duty craze). Unfortunately for him, what is made to be hip and cool with its era usually age like shit.

Get this shit outta here!

he's the gift that keeps on giving, god bless that retard

honestly all what I would like to know is why he cannot convey a single fucking human emotion. Most of the time it ends up as extraterrestrial inteligence trying to imitate humans beings. Is he autist or what?

Guys,

answer me this honestly

Why do you hate Christopher Nolan? Give me an actual genuine reason, not the >le reddit meme answer.

He only affected the turn in capeshit, so you blatanly outed yourself as a capeshit plebeian

exposition overload

>Dolan movies are slow
This fucking ADHD generation I swear to god.

He makes Marvels look bad.

He can't write dialogue to save his life. The concept of show don't tell has either never been presented to him or he's so arrogant as to ignore it. He talks like a pretentious fuck in interviews (pic related).
His action scenes are laughably bad. His films are normally full of plot holes (which he admits but doesn't fix) or nonsensical conclusions. He and his fanbase think he's the next Kubrick despite the fact that he's almost the literal opposite.
His filmography gets worse with every film he makes. He's an elitist idiot who adopted conservatism because the bfi wouldn't fund his first feature film.

Off the top of my head that is

thanks for a good sum of why he sucks.
Give up tho, 80% of this board has awful taste and think this man and tarantino are high tier directors

Thanks for actually giving me reasons. And honestly, I agree with you on a ton of those points.

Would it still be okay though if I enjoyed Memento and The Dark Knight? The rest of his movies suck.

Still probably the best blockbuster director working today, aside from George Miller.

>Would it still be okay though if I enjoyed Memento and The Dark Knight?

Are you fucking retarded? You can enjoy whatever you want insecure faggot.

>another "look at how contrarian I am guyzz" post

He's a solid director. No more to it.

>Would it still be okay though if I enjoyed Memento and The Dark Knight?
Sure, you can even add the Prestige
Just acknowledge that none of them are masterpieces by any metric

>triggered.jpg

Name some good directors who make blockbusters then lad.

Yes. His flicks are bland, dumb, and lack emotion. The messages and themes are heavy handed and explained for the audience with little subtlety, and the Dark Knight ruined cinema forever. Momento and Inception are the only movies I've seen of his that I'd genuinely consider good

I would enjoy whatever I want, but if I say what I enjoy on here, people call me names.

Better than Nolan and Miller? Easy
>Spielberg
>Zemeckis
>Scorsese
>Matt Reeves
>Ayer
>Snyder
>Bay
>Villeneuve
>Stone

even fucking Whedon's better than your hacks

>He can't write dialogue to save his life.
> His films are normally full of plot holes (which he admits but doesn't fix) or nonsensical conclusions.

Only things that somewhat explained the negative view people have of his work here. The rest was jus bashing him, his fans or completely random shit you made up on the spot with no ground at all to stand on.

>Every movie's got to be "dark and gritty" because of this faggot,
His movies aren't dark and gritty. Shit, they're clean looking, barren and almost clinical.

>His action scenes are laughably bad
>random shit you made up on the spot with no ground at all to stand on
what did he mean by this?

>His flicks are bland, dumb, and lack emotion.

Yea, that's why a shit tone of people consider Interstellar to be one of the most emotional draining movies they have seen amirite?

I'm not defending Nolan but you're literally just grabbing the buzzwords that came to you first.

>Ayer
>Snyder
>Bay
Hahaha fuck off dude.

>stop hating on Nolan for no reason!

youtube.com/watch?v=T7kK6vvxQrs
Are Nolan fans blind?

Who are you quoting?

Because it vary greatly from movie to movie? Anybody can cherry pick

youtu.be/TV1767i8X4Q
youtu.be/i6XkEEzjVFA

>Bay

you should consider suicide

(You)
Top lel

Stop saying shit nigga
Get the hell outta here

>normies opinions matters

Fuck off

>shitty sci fi scene ruined by awful dialogue and done better and with more emotion in fucking Gravity of all films
>scene with constant quick cuts to hide the shitty choreography with maybe one or well-made shots

Films aren't one scene. Anyone can make good one scene. The best directors are those that have no bad scenes. This is even more ironic when the two scenes you posted aren't even particularly great. Or are you gonna start praising Dr Strange and Iron Man too?

>Snyder

LMFAO

What amazes me is that many of the directors here, if not all of them, are guilty of the exact same criticisms Nolan receives which only means he's held to higher standard by you memetic faggots.
The only reason you guys don't like him is because he's overpraised by mainstream audiences, critics and even other directors.

You don't like cerebral movies, it's ok user we have marvel shit to entertain your autistic needs.

At least most of those directors make movies with heart, even if they're bad. Nolan's movies are all soulless garbage.

The reason why he gets the criticisms is because they recognize quietly or subconsciously that he is a high tier very successful director in regards to blockbuster movies, that's why they attack him.

Also, Nolan does not claim to be some auteur director, he makes blockbuster movies, that's it. And good ones at that.

Can you at least try to argue? Your post is literally just saying "it's bad because I say so"

>The best directors are those that have no bad scenes.

Every director have bad scenes. Being biased for or against one make you either see over their faults or see faults that aren't actually there.

>What amazes me is that many of the directors here, if not all of them, are guilty of the exact same criticisms Nolan receives
No they aren't

Why are Nolan fags' arguments so predictable? It always goes the same way
>"Nolan is a good director, he's just meme'd by idiots"
>list pointing out all his faults
>"those are baseless accusations that aren't true"
>evidence is provided
>"well he also does good things"
>people point out that even the worst films like fucking F4 had their moments
>"Nolan gets unfair hate! Every director is just as guilty as him!"

Guess where we go next?
Other filmmakers make much better films than him. Stop living in denial and fuck off back to your hugbox

>Every director have bad scenes
Name a bad scene on Nolan's tier in 2001
How about Drive?
Se7en?

Seriously, show me a single moment in any of those films that's on the same shit-tier as Nolan's fuckups and I'll accept your argument

But you don't have any arguments? You're just screaming "Nolanfags" and counter with "other directors are better" when you can't even say why. It's pathetic.

>Other filmmakers make much better films than him

No shit sherlock, problem is you keep inadvertently putting him on a pedestal because you know he makes good blockbuster films.

nolan is one of the most untalented hack directors of our generation. it's insane how much reddit is on this board that actually get butthurt when you talk about how trash nolan is. on top of that there's redditards here who unironically like the dark knight and the the dark knight returns. what the fuck happened to Sup Forums?

>Other filmmakers make much better films than him.
Christ, no fucking shit you absolute moron.
Did you even read my post?

>Name a bad scene on Nolan's tier in 2001

The travel multi-color scene that goes on at the end.

>How about Drive?
LMFAO Drive? By Refn the hack who resorts to ultraviolence on an pseudo electronic pop music backdrop in order to look artistic?

>Se7en?
The whole seven deadly sins shit is cliche and cringey as fuck.

Get the fuck out of here you cuck.

I'm not going through all of those movies. But good meme movies mate. Maybe retarded shit like the awkward pauses in Drive? You just extremely biased. Heck, your arguments are literally using the directors best movies. The directors of 2001, Se7en and Drive have all made less good movies. You chose to ignore my point and started to cherry pick again.

Jealous? Good, cry more faggot.

>Le Sup Forumseddit Nolan internet defense force

Show me a single mainstream director as highly praised as Nolan who has shit like this or in their films
I'll wait

Show me another director so loved by fedora tippers who makes intellectually devoid films

How can a director keep getting worse? It should be the opposite.

You seem upset

jealous of what you stupid fucking reddiard? you "people" are cancer

>so loved by fedora tippers who makes intellectually devoid films
You are projecting so hard right now.

>le boogie man xdddd

Grow up

>The travel multi-color scene that goes on at the end.
While perhaps a flaw in the story-telling of film, there is no technical error nor a thematic error nor a plot hole. So no, not at all is that on the same tier

>LMFAO Drive? By Refn the hack who resorts to ultraviolence on an pseudo electronic pop music backdrop in order to look artistic?
Good argument

>The whole seven deadly sins shit is cliche and cringey as fuck.
Your post is cringey as fuck

So you've failed to point a single scene. Surprising. But I thought every director made the same sort of mistakes as Nolan? Fucking idiot

Nolan is a bloody auteur. How dare you speak ill of a man who has produced such memorable kino as The Dark Knight Trilogy.

Nolan is loved by fedora tippers
His films are intellectually devoid
Where's the projection?

>Sup Forums can't even have an argumentation anymore and just resorts to buzzword spamming, boogieman blaiming and projecting

you're literally a redditard invader on this board though. there's no boogeyman. you exist and you won't fuck off

Defend Intersteller. Take your time.

>Nolan is a bloody auteur. How dare you speak ill of a man who has produced such memorable kino as The Dark Knight Rises opening scene
ftfy

>Where's the projection?
In your over generalisation about Nolan fans.
Most casual moviegoers like Nolan but yeah, I'm sure they're fat, neckbearded fedora adorning sub-humans like you are.

>b-but /GoT/ says we're welcome here!

Stop baiting so hard.

>So you've failed to point a single scene.

No, you're just too retarded to understand.

Get shot by a firing squad, for the betterment of humanity, don't spread your autistic genes.

>can't surmount a single instance as bad as a nolan film
>gets mad and starts autistically REEE'ing
well I for one am surprised

Your little ego can't help you admit losing an argument m8

A very interesting and original concept with great music, extremely well made scenes (and how they were used together with the music, an interesting plot and a great emotional impact. It had lots of flaws but also a lot things it did very well.

But you haven't even pointed out one single scene? All of what we got from you was 3s of frames.

literally this
i can't believe anyone who actually likes cinema likes this faggot
oh shit, i forgot where i was for a second
nevermind

Is the average age on this board 15?

And let us remember that it's simply a blockbuster movie, but the autists who have a strange hard on for hating him think it's supposed to be "some profound auteur movie and holy fuck reddit why does everyone praise Nolan so much? lol"

Literally the only flaw in that movies was the "love" theme, which was actually a nice concept, just handled sloppy as fuck.

Otherwise it's a great movie. Name a flaw.

B.v.S, Snyder fags are.

>Name a flaw
Encoding the entire formula for gravity into a binary with no indication for when the code's starting point is

The entire space mission relied on a farmer who just happened to find them at the right time because they made no effort to find him

The predictable as fuck 5th dimension ghosts

The 5th dimension in general being portrayed as a space library

Matt Damon

I thought it was great but some of the actions of the crew and the dialogue was pretty retarded. Like their actions on the before going down to the water planet. And the ending could have been better. It felt a bit forced to get that happy ending.

I really liked Interstellar but the flaws were:

-The dialogue wasn't the best, ocassionally
-The characters could've had more depth to them, whilist they still had depth, and I really felt for Mccoughaney and his daughter's character, I would've liked a bit more for the other characters
-The third act seemed to go into a mild "fuck it" mode, where there was a bit of a dip of quality to the film.

Otherwise, Pros
-Great cinematography
-Excellent moving music, sweeping emotional landscapes
-Good acting
-A sense of wonder with the themes of the movie in regards to space exploration
-Most importantly, Good story

Of course, I can admit all this because I'm not an autist and I don't praise Nolan as some genius mastermind film director like the autists haters love to claim us fans of his movies, which have flaws like other director's movies.

Unironically yes

>all space movies have to be boring, stale and "scientifically accurate", too, which means shit characters, 99% science jargon dialogue, and no sound in space.
Don't get your panties in a bunch, Disney and Marvel are making some more Pleb Wars and Guardians of the Plebs for you

why do you marvel redditors hate Nolan so much? just admit it's DC films that trigger you

That's nitpicky as fuck

There's nothing wrong with the movie as a whole

>pointing out a film's flaws is nitpicky
Nolan fans everyone

I still like Inception though

Those aren't flaws you idiot. That's completely fucking subjective.

You literally have no arguments, just memes, kys.

>criticising a subjective artform isn't allowed unless it's an objective criticism
wew lad

notice how no one makes threads about Marvel directors

They're underage dumbfucks.

I love how Sup Forums always dismiss every criticism as "subjective". Not even that guy, but you're pathetic.

Because none of them except for Shane Black and Joe Johnston are real directors, those movies are all ghost-directed by Kevin Feige.

Nolan is DC's worst director
At least Ayer made a film that knew what it was

>couldn't even find any flaws and resorted to purely subjective matters

How retarded are you? You could have used a shitty like the "love: garbage said by the ogre, their actions when they went down to the water planer and how it didn't make sense at all. The only flaw you posted was the fact that they made no effort to find him and that he found them instead.

how retarded are you? marvel's target audience is middle schoolers

dc target audience is adults with jobs that voted for Trump

>Shane Black
>Joe Johnston
>real directors

Go to bed, kid