What did Sup Forums think of the new episode?

What did Sup Forums think of the new episode?

It was good but I want to fit in with my fellow Sup Forums secret club friends so actually it was bad and 'reddit' haha am i right guys

Trying too hard to be smart and edgy. Didn't laugh once.

I'm pretty fucking disappointed they had to abolish the new status quo so quickly, I wanted to see Earth under Federation rule for at least an episode. I predict Rick will be a full Mary Sue by the end of the season.

I love the show but it was unironically that good. Really straightforward and bland for a season premier. I hope they don't start going plot heavy with
it.

reddo

I liked it a lot.

plot was rushed imo, Rick escaping and destroying the goverment could have easily been the arc for the whole season. but it was ok I guess, too bad we have to wait again for the rest

*not that good

It was really funny and well plotted. I liked it a lot personally.

So was this officially the season 3 debut? Or is it just a one-off episode to resolve the season 2 ending?

Reddit

Good but it lacked the HEART, it felt like a Zigerion simulation

Implying i would be watching again after a huge letdown that was season 2

Liked it a lot, I just hope the show doesn't become so plot-heavy every episode, like South Park did

I watched the entire series at work the other day and as someone who hasn't been waiting ages for the new season, it was pretty much on par with all of the other episodes.
People just had higher expectations because season 2 ended on a cliffhanger.

I liked the part when they acted like sarcastic postmodern shits

Was mediocre, the only bit i laughed at was the alien dick joke

Please report these shitposts that only try to derail the thread.
I would but I already posted about them and that would be announcing a report, but I can ask all of you to please report this obnoxious shitposting.

>reddit and memety

>MFW THE PLAYED THE EPISODE TWICE DURING SAMURAI JACK'S SLOT

reminder

Spoken like a man who never had mcdonalds Szechwuan sauce

Wait, so Sup Forums is Jewish? That doesn't seem right.

Why on earth would the writers wipe out the Council of Ricks in the same episode that Rick breaks out of prison, in the same episode that Beth gets divorced?

This was half a season's worth of material wiped out in a single episode. If anything, this entire episode reads like a simulation designed to indulge Rick rather than anything pragmatic for plot development.

It was pretty good. you retards should stop with the reddit xD thing already, honestly. It's not funny anymore.

SOOOO FUNNY! XD

AND WITTY TOO! :DDD

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. Upvoted.

Reddit shit.

IT JUST WORKS

Thanks for the gold

I'm sure enough of the council survived to be some sort of plot device

>it's the only council of ricks in the multiverse

Lame.

They only destroyed ONE Groflamite Empire. Throwing ONE Council of Ricks at a rinky-dink galactic federation is overkill.

>everyone forgetting about phoenix man

I'm more convinced that this is a two part episode, and that Rick is still in a simulation.

Season 2 was not build up. The last episode was literally the only plot-heavy episode in the season. Destroying the council of Ricks is stupid but all the federation shit was only -truly- built up in the last ep of s2.

Phoenixperson.

I loved it! Made up for the frustrating emotional waiting room that S2 was.

i'm sorry

What's the difference?

Of course Dan had to revive the character he voices, what a fucking cop out.

The council of Ricks is indeed just one, as it takes all the Ricks from all dimensions.
As for the Empire, Rick took down the Empire of his own dimension, noo need to think about the others

Why would there be another council of ricks?

Why would one council of ricks even allow another council to exist?

Fuck off with the thousand rick and morty threads Jesus Christ
God I hate rm fans

is basically doctor who animated and on drugs

Season 2 is better than season 1. You aren't going to convince me otherwise on this.

i was shitposting on Sup Forums

You can always hide the thread, and you know it

*burp*
le uboat me Morty
*stutters*
Drumpf isn't real Morty

The episode started a bit meh, but it picked up a 1/3 of the way. It is better with the second viewing.

I enjoyed it.

S2 had some top episodes but S1 was more consistent.

Liked it a lot. It was fun to see a sequel to the council of ricks & the original rick & morty world.

Seems like they fit a lot of shit into a single episode, to bring things back to normal. Hope it means that they are going back to not having a plot, and taking the show out of its own ass.

>dude i'm a sarcastic sociopath lmao nothing affect me: the show

no thanks

it was okay, like a really weak futurama episode

Horrific pedophiles like this dude should be hanged publically.

There are infinity councils of Ricks. They probably merge all the time.

This

Amazing...

Rick escaped the way a villain would escape in a regular science fiction.

What quote is most commonly associated with that picture.

How does it relate?

Why does everyone always shit all over Jerry? I hope him and Beth really do get divorced. He deserves better.

it alright

>s-stop calling me a redditor o-or I'll get the mods on you!
t. redditor

It was good but I was left wondering if the episode actually happened or if it was still an illusion.

You guys are talking about this show as if you're dissecting the plot of The Wire.

It's supposed to just be stupid episodic humor, It'd be terribly boring if all these "plot points" were dragged out and explored over several episodes.

It's a scene from Mad Men.
>Ginsberg: I feel bad for you.
>Don: I don't think about you at all.

That was the joke you idiot

Oh, okay. Makes more sense.

Please report this shitpost that brings nothing to this thread or this board and it's baiting for flamewars.

>report this guy he hurt my feelings
this isn't reddit faggot

Please report this poster, he's attempting to start a flame war and is derailing the thread.

Season 2 had worse dialogue and was trying too hard to be deep and emotional

At this point this show is literally just random shit

somebody post the reddit laught at rick and morty pasta

Reddit

Literally Sup Forums the show. Rick is who anons wish they were

Pretty much this.
Justin is /ourguy/

because all those things set up the possibility for new entertaining adventures that aren't bogged down by boring melodrama

now beth can go on adventures instead of being stuck at home with jerry, and rick can face enemies more interesting than >muh evil government

and I don't understand why people wanted the jailbreak shit to be an entire season arc. the show is called fucking RICK and morty. If Rick was stuck in jail the whole time and it just focused on his family trying to break him out then we wouldn't get to see Rick do what he does best, get into crazy scifi antics and go on insane dangerous adventures

SAME SHOW

why can't you guys just enjoy things...

in before i am too smart for happiness

Hopefully Jerry is back.

I'm a huge Chris Parnell fan.

i thought season 1 was great

season 2 was not

If this season continues with the way this episode was done it will be amazing

Why do they have to repeat each others name all the time?

- we're going to have adventures morty, I lied morty. I'll figure it out Morty.
- What Rick. What are you talking about Rick.
- The sauce Morty. I fooled them Morty. I was all about the sauce Morty.
- What Rick.
- You heard your mother Morty. We'll have adventures forever Morty. To find the sauce Morty.

Why does it need to be this way? Its annoying.

>implying this is the actual first episode

it's catering to its ADHD audience.

because doc and marty would always use eachothers names in back to the future and that's what rick and morty is a parody of (with a bit of doctor who mixed in too)

i forget their names if they dont do this

Did they forget why people like the show? Because this premire wasn't funny

On mark, but little on the nose.

So because that's what the show is inspired by, they have to do that all the time.
It was funny in the first episode. But then it lasted all season. Then it continued through season 2, and now the ending of episode 1 of season 3 seems to be repeating the setup of the first episode of season 1 when Marty had to show the seeds up his butt.

It kinda of gets really annoying.

why does morty have to stutter and rick have to burp?

I watched it with my housemates and there were at most 2 or 3 small, strained laughs the entire episode. Some of the action and plot was pretty enjoyable, but I hope the show becomes actually funny again. When I watched the first season back when it came out it was one of the first things to make me laugh really hard in a while. Maybe I had lower standards back then or something but I think the show really declined in season 2.

Season 1 was probably funnier because they hadn't settled into the characters and style yet, Rick is too predictable and too caricatured now. He's barely a fucking "drunk grandpa" now (compare with Rick's character in the pilot episode) and he seems more adolescent than jaded. The nihilism has become more of a meme than a theme and is way too forced, it worked well as an undercurrent of black comedy in the first season and was genuinely disquieting sometimes, like with the flu episode, but now it's really fucking obnoxious reddit shit.

It's much deeper than The Wire.

Because Morty is a nervous wreck and Rick is an alcoholic

Autist.

oh no they did a callback to season 1, how annoying, what a bunch of fucking hacks

this is what you sound like to me

>in the same episode that Beth gets divorced?
That "material" has been developing for the past two seasons.

And I swear to god, if her and Jerry get back together, I'm going to drop this show and kill myself