youtube.com/watch?v=fXT2QDqs_RY
youtube.com/watch?v=MjohsyoJjao
youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM
youtu.be/9i-dB_6Dvcw?t=28
youtube.com/watch?v=1o34mnI2Az4
youtube.com/watch?v=-CmWuiifwDw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

hes basically schroedingers mobster, tbqh femme

yeah well careful analysis of this scene makes it pretty clear that he dies but then again hes tony soooooo

you know Quasimodo predicted all this

the hero we deserve

No. He doesn't.

The entire setup is to make you think that random guy is a hitman, when in reality it's meant to represent Tony's increasing paranoia over his lifestyle.

Remember, up to the last few episodes Tony was always made of Teflon. Nothing ever stuck. He was a lucky bastard.

The ending was designed to make Tony - and by proxy the viewer - think that Tony has everything reaching that perfect moment. Therefore having everything to lose.

No matter what he does from thatbpoint on he's a goner. Whether the FBI bags him on conspiracy or an assassin pops him in some restaurant, Tony is living on borrowed time.

Filming the scene like that was a great wsy to end the show. It hives everyone a chance to apply their own resolution.

Oh, and AJ was a limp dick pussyboy. I'd have let the fucker drown.
Over privileged whiny cuntsack.

Still mouring you, Bobby

No, there was a power outage. The lights didn't come back up so they left the restaurant.

It doesn't matter

These threads used to be instant war zones. What happened Sup Forums?

>be a guy
>go have some coffee down the block at Holsten's
>it's comfy
>oh look, it's Tony Soprano having a dinner over there
>gotta take a leak
>*10 years passes by*
>plebs still think I killed Tony becaue of le ebin reddit theories
>le Gene's lost bro XD
>le MO jacket LMAO geddit XD :D

We've gone over this, Chase left it up to the viewer.

I choose to think he survived long enough for Carlo to turn state evidence.

Of course he died.

Of course he didn't die user, it doesn't matter what they tell you, just don't sto

Except Tony is blase and casual the entire time, the entire episode. He's NOT paying attention.

He only looks up when he hears the bell.

The point of the scene is the RHYTHM.

It makes you FEEL what Tony felt like, the sudden ending of it. It comes out of nowhere.

The philosophical point of that is to show that life is precious- that it ends before you know it.

Appreciate every moment. We're all still alive.

>Tony died in the final scene, right?

David Chase, the creator, show runner, and head writer of The Sopranos, says Tony does not die in the final scene.

The choice is now yours. You can believe Chase - the man who FUCKING CREATED THE SERIES AND WROTE THE LAST EPISODE - or you can believe the assclowns posting personal theories in a thread on an image board.

What's it going to be, punk?

can you be an adult and have a real discussion without resorting to memes

I think he died, it wouldn't be the first time the creator of a story with an ambiguous ending wants people to keep talking about it for years.

The whole deal with the Member's Only jacket hitman, Phil Leotardo's death not necessarely finishing the NJ vs NY and the future indictments they'd be facing would have been shown in a future season, it just didn't happen because Tony is dead.
The whole final scene gives a satisfying family feeling, but things are just as fucked up as always.

>gabagoolkino

This is the tastiest shit you could even try.

Prosciutto > gabagoola

>I think he died,

What you think doesn't matter. Seriously. Your opinion doesn't fucking matter.

Chase is on record saying he deliberately set up an ending which would make the viewer think. What he didn't count on was how many people like you are unable to think. So many people were unable to comprehend the ending that Chase eventually had to spell it out for them in small words.

explained the ending as written and intended by Chase. The final episode hammers home to fact that nothing and not of the characters truly changed or allowed themselves to change.

Tony is still living on borrowed time. Whether it's the FBI, someone in the crew, another family, it doesn't matter. He's the same piece of shit he was in Season 1 living much the same life. The therapy, the pills, it was all for nothing.

Carmela, Meadow, and AJ are the same. Each toyed with the idea of getting out of the disgusting live they lead and, in the end, none of them had the courage or strength to do so. They're right back where they began, mindlessly living high on the criminal actions and profits of their husband and father.

Whether you're able to understand or comprehend the ending is your problem and not David Chase's.

That's actually bondiola, tastier than both

>No. He doesn't.
he died. The writer even told that in countless interviews. Last few minutes are all from Tony's POV, out of nowhere, he gets killed. Like he talked with Bobby "out of nowhere and you are dead".

The entire point is that neither you the viewer nor Tony himself will ever know if he's safe or not.

He has to live the rest of his life knowing any random face in the crowd, any knock on the door, could be out to kill him.

>out of nowhere, he gets killed
Chase says different shit in every interview, but the one thing he's never said is that.

>He has to live the rest of his life knowing any random face in the crowd, any knock on the door, could be out to kill him.
>the rest of his life
lucky for him that's only a few milliseconds

The whole time they forecast this exact situation. It even happens to Dante, though Dante isn't killed. It just happens, and it isn't until he realizes he wasn't killed that Dante realizes the shooting.

The fact that Tony is looking around like that proves his survival instincts are telling him to beware, but he is in a state of security knowing Phil is dead and NYC is satiated to peace.

Who's to say who sent Members Only, but we all know how it ends of mobsters.

Who here /existentialaj/?

AJ reminded me of Raymond Patriarca Jr. - he's someone the family would have put in place like Junior to take the heat despite being a fucking idiot.

>implying New York would just let New Jersey get away with whacking a boss, Phil Reatardo no less

This. Tony was killed by NYC. Remember Coco?

If anything, it wasn't the lupertasi - it was another one of the 5 families. It's about fucking respect. Neither family showed it and the war was nothing but fucking weakness.

Sure, Phil was a fucking man child yelling at Tony from his upstairs window - but he was a fucking Boss and Jersey is nothing but a glorified crew.

youtube.com/watch?v=fXT2QDqs_RY

youtube.com/watch?v=MjohsyoJjao

youtube.com/watch?v=rnT7nYbCSvM

Some people would only be satisfied with Tony dying on screen.

DON'T POST THE ROAST.

No.

how come somebody posts this same picture and quote in every sopranos thread

Do we have the meats?

It happens to Phil Leotardo in this same episode. And he's shot in the same location as Tony's head is to the bathroom- from the back left side.

Phil never sees it coming.

When they reboot the series they'll use CGI to bring him back.

David Chase shows us how Tony's death is going to go in this episode:

youtu.be/9i-dB_6Dvcw?t=28

From the back left. Never sees it coming. His wife is there. She screams- you know Carmen's reaction.

The difference is this scene wasn't from Phil's POV.

Tony's scene has that POV- the shot reverse shot.

It's film 101- it's what a reaction shot is meant to be.

The problem with people who misinterpret this scene as being about Tony's "paranoia" is they only consider the final scene in and of itself, they don't analyze the entire episode.

Literally the scene before Holsten's:

youtube.com/watch?v=1o34mnI2Az4

Tony is looking at Junior. There's a nigger behind him, wanting to get through. He says "excuse me" and Tony doesn't see him. The guy says "sir, sir, sir" and Tony doesn't hear. We see Tony's face, then we see the reverse- what Tony is seeing.

The guy makes his way from Tony's back left, same place Phil got shot. What if that nigger had a gun? Would tony have seen it coming? did Phil? Why was he "nervous" in Holstens but not here?

Tony doesn't know Holstens is the last scene of the TV show that is his life. It's one of a series of continuous incidents. The last scene could have been the mental hospital, and the audience couldn't been all nervous and tense seeing "what's gonna happen," and the black orderly might have had a gun.

But Tony's reaction would've been the same. He can't see what the audience is thinking. We can see what hes seeing, which is nothing. And we've privileged, we see him being careless and sloppy and not paying attention to the back left where the shot might come from.

It's about the POV reactions.

Cop out because they were talking about a potential movie. Only a pseudointellectual idiot doesn't see this

First of all, a cop out doesn't mean an excuse, not even a bad one. A cop out is an admission of guilt.

Second of all, literally nobody was ever seriously considering a fucking Sopranos movie. The ending is the ending.

Matt Weiner said he had that ending planned since season 3.

youtube.com/watch?v=-CmWuiifwDw

Mad Men's ending was similar.

>thinking it matters whether or not Tony dies in the end
Hehheh

>"Van Helsing, let's go!"

>entire monologue about how "ya probably don't even feel it, i bet everything just goes black" earlier in the season
>people actually "argue" about what happened in the finale

why do you think was he killed in a hobby store? seemed like a pretty mundane way to die for such an important character for the viewer.

i get it but some people are only just experiencing sopranos have patience man let them enjoy

Breddy udderated

>Captcha: NJ Turnpike :3

his death seemed to be the saddest and most unnecessary death, and Pauly living makes it even worse.

The diner idea was stupid as fuck.

Oh look guyz, they are American gangsters, eating up the Americana in a greasy spoon diner. Pass me the onion rings, psycho suicide emo kid.

Except they had never had a family dinner anywhere at all like that, in the course of the series.

Having never watched the show then seeing the ending. I can indeed confirm that the writers didnt know how to end it. So they just cut to black. So now it can be analyze and argued about by autists on the internet, and seem more profound then it actually is.

Why do people shit on Artie so much?

>successful business owner
>hot wife
>not a sociopathic, murdering sumbag

'cause he's a fuckin' hysteric.

Imagery my nigga. The model train on the rails represents the series of events that led to Bobby's death approaching in a predictable manner, as if on rails, but unstoppable, like a speeding train. Sopranos was big on the lack of agency in people's lives.

I demand you kill yourself. I'm not gonna devote multiple posts to address the litany of bullshit retarded things you're implying but I'll address a few.
>mattress hitting mob game of cat mouse unseen since times of gotti
>Tony might as well be dead, his family might as well be dead considering how he dealt with phil leotardo in front of his family
imminent doom for yourself and your family makes you cherish your time together a bit more
>"they" are american gangsters no just Tony you retarded fat fuck
>nice alternative you described
>they had multiple dinners together at home as a family, let alone just one, let alone never
just never give an opinion ever again

>muh arabs
>muh wars
>muh poor

were they trying to imply all new yorkers get brainwashed

Couple of ways to look at the show politically. All the obvious on the nose current event shit (gangs, terrorists, cops....)

And then the meta. The entry of the weak self evaluating hysteric. Failings in the modern family, Tony lets his son fuck interracially, but not his daughter. He lets her flourish into adulthood, he never supports his son. This was happening all the time when Sopranos aired, but developed much more much worse as time has gone on.

It was a final shout from patrician men to get off your asses, look at whats happening to your sons, your cultures. Dying.

Or men were supposed to sympathize and slip further out of reach, admonishing their own depression and seeing Tony as a failure they could get behind. Many posters here were the AJ to their Tony.

The entire show is following a weak man, not properly raised by his father, making poor choices for his community (The Sopranos.) Tony is responsible for the destruction of the syndicate with almost every single action he takes, just as he is responsible for the destruction of his family through his weak son.

Each point here is worth pages of explanation....

when chrissy came out of his coma he had a message for tony "3oclock"

now whereabouts was the bathroom in relation to tony in that final scene