Just saw this, what did I think of it

Just saw this, what did I think of it

To be honest I like this one a lot better then The Devils Rejects. Probably one of my favorite guilty pleasure films.

Captain Spaulding and the ending were the best parts. Sequel is better.

You thought thoughts.

kinda shit. was just an exercise in bullshit.

Complete garbage, just like all of Rob Zombie's movies.

Zombie's worst, but still very good.

It was fine. But you liked The Devil's Rejects more.

I didn't hate the movie but I really struggle to see how anybody can term it "very good" even Zombie didn't like it when it came out.

would have been kino if they gave more backstory on Dr Satan

Zombie's Halloween 2 was worse

Bad pastiche of 70's horror.

Probably because it took three years for it to finally be released and they cut a bunch of the scenes short.

Different movie from The Devil's Rejects really. Has a unique vibe to it which is nice considering how boring horror can be. 7/10 Mr. Zombie, not bad.

I get why people would dislike this more than Zombie's other films, it's very clearly a debut an not everything works, but at it's best, it's a funny and fascinating riff of TCM2. I didn't think much of it the first time I saw it, but it grows on you.

Halloween 2 was kino.

Halloween 2 is unambiguously his best film, nothing else he's made even comes close.

That's Zombie's entire oeuvre

Was 31 any good?

Halloween II > The Devil's Rejects > Lords of Salem > 31 > Halloween > House of 1000 Corpses

I was not really that into it, but I'd give it a chance

I agree. It had a campy feeling that was a throwback to 70s/80s horror films. This feeling was missing from The Devils Rejects, which honestly is painful to watch in its extended torture scenes.

Yeah, the ending was one of my favorite parts, I read originally that the grandpa was supposed to be Dr. Satan, but it was scrapped and how it turned out was way better

1000 Corpses > Halloween > The Devil's Rejects > Halloween II > 31 >>>> Lords of Salem

This. Lords of Salem is an abortion.

"Honey, can I be the lead role?"

>dropped

>Not wanting to watch two hours of Sheri Moon

Your loss.

I thought The Devil's Rejects was predictable and poorly shot. However I kinda liked the character dynamics, there was some emotion in the end. But again, I felt that Rob's visual ideas, which are great, were hurt by bad camera work, and his good emotional ideas were ruined by just as many bad ones in terms of dialogue and plot. Should I check out House of 1000 corpses? Or any of Zombie's other movies for that matter? It seems like he has cool ideas but is very incapable of executing them

>wanting to fuck a dirty hippie
>wanting to see fully nude elderly women

I liked it when it came out.

Watched it a SHITLOAD because I moved as a kid and I only had that and Blair Witch Project on tape to watch until we got cable.

It was very interesting; it had its own flavor visually. Though, the plot was... OK. The ending, however, plain sucked.

He's a serious horror buff from all decades.

I liked the movie, but he overdone with the music and the camera work, the devils rejects it's lot more solid as a film.