Hey petty criminals!!

Hey petty criminals!!

What would a thief do with a stolen iPhone 4?

So, I was victim of a recent run-of-the-mill home break-in. They rummaged through drawers, took a few things, including my old iPhone 4 - which was still in perfect working order. I’m pretty sure the passcode was on.

After thinking about it for a while, I realized I had a lot of sensitive stuff on there - partial logins and passwords for various online accounts (not complete, but they could probably piece some things together.) .. probably other PII, and of course, the fun part - some lewd pics of my gf(!), and some nudes of me because why not. Lol. Ugh.

So my question is, if part of your haul was an iPhone 4 (among many other things - the thieves hit the whole neighborhood), would you:

A) toss it? My friend at a cell phone repair shop said they don’t even buy used iPhones older than 6. Just no market for them anymore.

B) try to wipe it/delete it to black market sell or give away?

C) scrap it for parts?

D) try to break the passcode? And to be clear, I didn’t have activation lock or Find My Phone or anything like that active on it ... just the passcode.

Obviously, “D” is all I’d be concerned about. Just curious what you think.

Thanks

Picture: Not me. lol

Attached: girl on phone.jpg (852x480, 30K)

dunno man I hate iPhones

Id wipe it, jailbreak it and use it as an internet device not linked to my identity with which to run scams/whatever online.

Probably b. If there was a passcode on, they'd need to wipe it to make it usable.

Attached: 012.jpg (594x950, 191K)

not sure what you mean by "try to break the passcode" ... you mean sit there and type numbers in for hours and hours?

IF you forgot to activate the passcode, then it's done deal, all access

There are tools that do this, not sure how common they are cuz apple keeps changing their security

autofellatio autocunnilingus Ouroboros on cam n post pics here

Haxx? But prolly only if I knew there were nudies on it beforehand. Maybe

Need an ip box or other such device

Not common, a common criminal is likely just to either wipe it and use it as described above or sell it to a used vendor, who will then wipe it.

The 4 is pretty old. Might not even mess with it though I do like the idea of repurposing it

OP here. So a vendor probably wouldn’t have much use to try to break into it, right? (Other than wiping it). Unless the crook claimed to forget their passcode and asked to recover it, but I don’t know why they would do that

And are there any weirdos who just try to break into old iPhones for fun? I guess if they are identity thievers, but hopefully they’d be turned off by the oldness of the phone. (Cuz old data .. maybe)

There are soooo many unclaimed phones out there. I doubt yours would warrant any extra effort or scrutiny.

they'd probably try to sell it if they can't initially break the passcode. if they can't get any money from it, they'll just trash it. the type of person to commit a random home burglary is probably not the type to dig deep into breaking into an old phone they found amongst a bunch of shit they lifted from a guys house.

Others answered this sufficiently.
On a tangent...
Does the US have cross-provider IMEI blocking for stolen phones?
Here we just report the phone's ID and it's blacklisted, no reseller will want it because it's useless as a phone, so it'll just end up in the bin.

1. Swap it for drugs.
2. Swap it for alcohol.
3. Swap it for drugs.

OP again. The way you said that makes total sense. I worry a bit about whoever it gets to afterward, if the crook doesn’t wipe it or doesn’t know how, but I guess I can only worry so far.

The old iPhones are less secure so I’m thinking if they really want in, they’ll get it. On the other hand, they probably don’t fucking care. They want $

I think it’s still only through the individual provider. Or the actual maker - I know you can register your stolen phone w apple

Nobody want you pics (shudder) .

Hehe

Same here...after cracking the passcode and archiving any useful info, including gaining access to mail accounts tied to the device. I’d wait a while to do anything much with it until after the victim was pretty sure all was ok.

You wouldnt do shit cause you dont know how to do that.

Criminal fag here
I would
1.wipe it probs jail break
2.trade for drugs (if they're robbing houses they probably did that already)
3.take to phone repair store and give it to them for 20$ cash

Legit

>partial LOGins

Attached: 1567448203238.jpg (196x196, 29K)

that's the first thing you thought of when you read that sentence, huh? this site has warped your mind and you are beyond saving, i would seriously kill myself if i were you