Would Ghost in the Shell have been better if they had casted an Asian actress in the leading role?

would Ghost in the Shell have been better if they had casted an Asian actress in the leading role?

No. Having a competent director on the other hand

NOBODY CARES

Yes, also having a competent director would have helped.

No Asian American women can act

has brenda shown her most intimate bits bare?

No

does she do facesitting femdom? asking for a friend

She showed me once.

Wow, that compelling argument really convinced me.

wow can you describe your experience?

Hasn't even the director of the original movie come out and said that it's not important at all.

>cast asian woman
>still no one knows what GITS is
>the ads still suck
>it bombs

probably even worse with a no name asian actress

With that terrible script? Nope.

Change the cast and whoever wrote that malarkey.

a) he got paid for that line
b) he doesn't give a shit because it's not his movie

maybe both. it's not like he has any stake in the game because he made his already.

only if she has hips

It would have done better if they cast just about anyone else in the leading role. My ticket was covered so I didn't have to waste a dime on the garbage, but I was expecting to have some laughs and have something to shit on with my friends. I was having a good time until Kusanagi got captured, Kuze's identity and motivations were revealed and I got to see Michael Pitt give a real goddamn performance with physical presence and a nuanced perspective. Seeing what he was able to put together compared to the frumpy jewess who couldn't pull off dialogue if her life depended on it ruined my night completely. I wish I hadn't seen it at all.

>Casting an Asian to play a white character

MUUUUUUUH

That would be fine since I didn't want a live action version in the first place.

>it's not like he has any stake in the game
But your first point contradicts that.
Also, he still stands to receive profits from the original film because of the potential renewed interest in the property.

It might have been better, but it also would've flopped.

Noone but anime fans and a few devoted sci-fi buffs know the series well enough to go in for a movie on its name alone, so they had to have a big-name star draw to attract.

G R U E S A

I meant if he got paid up front to say it then he doesn't need to do anything further. I really doubt he would be given points on the 2017 movie for his little blurb. Having something new come out for the 1995 film isn't going to happen since they did the 25th anniversary a few years back.

London, no! Put my childhood back on!

they gambled on having big name versus having word of mouth from fans. i doubt either would have panned out successfully.

"bruh it's got scarjo"
"bruh its fucking ghost in the shell you have to see this shit"

No, but it would have been a lot cuter! Cute!

ok

>Ghost in the Shell is pretty much just animated philosophy with a little action here and there
>make a live-action of it and remove the philosophy
Hmmm

THIS

When Larry and Andy Wachowski were pitching The Matrix to their producers, they played them a DVD of an 82-minute Japanese cartoon and said: "We wanna do that for real."

it would have been better if it wasnt a remake

It would have been better if they just never made it

brehs...

No. They dumbed it down to basically make Robocop with a female lead. They ruined it in the writing already.

It probably would have done better with any other actress than Johanson. Her "I'm acting" face in the trailers was a huge turn off.

And people still ask why there's no Black Widow movie

wew gentlemen

haha you can see her bush xD duuude

hnnnnng

what no you cant

oh thank god for google