Fact: the films fails not because of scarjo being white or not buff enough...

>Fact: the films fails not because of scarjo being white or not buff enough, but because they failed to grasp the basic themes of the original material.

It sucks that SJW sidetracked the debate with their useless non issue though.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VH60MY5WbN0
youtu.be/MK1g5dMYR3s
youtu.be/o6HXmYi6Jw8
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it was mainly that i bet. the original had an almost paranormal feel to it, it was sort of creepy, as well. you cant recreate something like GiTS. shame for even trying. most, if not all remakes, are in bad taste. just there to sedate retards and trick them into paying for the same thing more than once. literally not art.

SAC was better than the original movie.

I am afraid the reason it can be sidetracked is because people don't care about it in the first place

Very true

>but because they failed to grasp the basic themes of the original material.

Lol.

Long ass monologues on philosophy 101, does not make a good movie.

>its a failure because our sjw journalists said it so in their 50 articles shitting on it for not casting an asian

Just watched it. I liked it very much.

Pros:

- The visual style is there. It's a little cluttered at times, but their heart was most certainly on the right place

- Everything Batou. The guy is the heart of the movie.

- Original GitS theme at the ending made me all giggly

Cons:

- They streamlined the original's theme about identity so that it could be easily understood. That doesn't make it less entertaining, but people that wanted it to be all philosophical are gonna be VERY disappointed

- Cutter was a shitty villain

- That doctor lady was nothing but an exposition machine that shouldn't exist in the script

>Long ass monologues on philosophy 101

Please watch it first before showing everybody you didn't with retarded comments like this.

true, but merging Motoko's and the puppeteer's consciousness into one was the climax where the whole thing was leading up to

I have watched it. There moments where the world stops from them to wax lyrical on philosophy 101

Even from an action point of view both the pursuit and the tank scenes are billion times better in the original, in the live action the effects were mediocre and sometimes even awful

>claims to have watched it
>gives further proof of the contrary

it does if the rest of your philosophy comes from videogames haha

scarface (1983) isn't art?

What themes? That technology blurs the line of what's human and what isn't? That's all still there, unless you think the absence of someone stopping the movie for 10 minutes so they can go on a long, pretentious tangent means that they've ignored the themes of the anime movie

No, the theme that individuality doesn't matter, which this movie literally does the opposite.

>he was impressed by first semester philosophy
Well, you're a weeb, so the joke's on me.

>trolling

Ah, I'll stop feeding you.

>scarface (1983)
That wasn't really a remake though, just shared the same name.

But thats not even the issue because Brian de Palma and Oliver stone are real filmmakers with real vision and balls.
Even a remake would have their mark(for good or bad).

Cant compare it with this by the numbers hollywood trash

The sequence when she's on the boat blabbering on and on about nothing for 5 minutes well the camera slowly Zooms in on her face and her mouth does not even move half the time

> Made The Major as a stolen person and a corporate tool. Basically the reveal was a origin story flick

> The puppet master became this failed cybernetic experiment who just wanted revenge

Deus ex did cyberpunk way better than GitS 95, and Deus Ex is a videogame with some of worst (but hilarious) acting.

How is that a theme, it's a concept that literally gets introduced in the last 10 minutes of the movie

Haha eat shit. I watched em both. Not him but fu

That scene is microcosm of the entire 95 movie. Scenes set up just so characters talk drivel about their high-school philosophy like no one's ever thought about it.

*a microcosm

it's both, Scarjo is so monotonous to watch perform. any other white woman would have sufficed

OK this meme is retarded.

THAT was single conversation, are you so ADD that you can't watch a character speak for 1 fucking scene without shit blowing and fast cuts everywhere?.

Protip: The best parts of the movie are shown not explained.

Agreed, but I still like GiTS 95 quite a bit.

youtube.com/watch?v=VH60MY5WbN0

I was talking about Ghost in the Shell 1995. Not the new movie. The new movie is good. The older 1995 Ghost in the Shell is typical for cheap anime

>that you can't watch a character speak
Not when the dialog is written so transparently that the writer/director might as well replace the character on screen to navel gaze the shit out of the scene.

We're still talking about the 95 movie right?

I only like 95 for nostalgia.

They really had no idea what they were doing. It was a disaster

The shills have changed from praising this movie to shitting on the original.

Anyone with a sliver of common sense can see through it.

More like the weebs just found their favorite shitty anime isn't as deep as they thought.

But that's okay, they watched it when they were 13. The impression had to last.

Basically, the 95 movie only worked philosophically if you were a teenager. There's really nothing deep with it. Weebs trying to find something that isn't there

OP, look, we all love the original 95 movie but NO ONE is going to make a live-action film with that sort of pacing or long speeches about philosophy or existentialism and spend 100+ million on it.

We got that movie, it was called Ex-Machina and it was great and was allowed to be so because it was low budget.

I liked Ghost in the Shell for what it was. It wasn't perfect but it was entertaining and didn't become another Marvel film with non-stop quips and puns. It felt like an actual DRAMA. My only disappointments with the movie is that it wasn't R-rated and needed a bit more inspiration along with some nudity and gore. If it did it could have been this years DREDD.

It's too bad GITS failed because now that the origin story is out of the way, I would have liked to see a team based sequel that was like a cybernetic Mission: Impossible flick.

But we wont get that now!!!FACT!!!

Watched it earlier on. Feels like the got someone to rewrite the plot who just lacked the intellect to understand the original film.
Rather than try to understand the originals concept he was like "lol fuck all this talking lets just add more shootouts".

>- Cutter was a shitty villain
>- That doctor lady was nothing but an exposition machine that shouldn't exist in the script

All they needed to do was not make Cutter a generic corporate scumbag. Give him a philosophy that the work they're doing, although unethical, will pave the way for human and machines to merge because if they don't humanity will be left behind.

The doctor is reluctant but agrees although she argues that what is it all worth if they give up their humanity.

Script just needed a bit more work. Sanders didn't do a bad job with the Direction, the 3D was GREAT, but this could have been 10X better with, say, Alex (Ex Machina) Garland and Charlie (Black Mirror) Brooker on script duties!!!FACT!!! youtu.be/MK1g5dMYR3s

I was shitting on it before it was cool.

A lotta anime have the same problem as GitS but GitS95 came at particular time (on Manga Entertainment VHS tapes), with cyberpunk being popular and cartoons finally being filled with violence and sex.

>scarjo being white
How's it feel to fail in life.

Yeah, cos they realised you can't weave a story around high-school philosophy statements and make dialogue sound natural.

Which were

Come on back your shit up. I would argue it hit everything. It was the perfect adaptation. Liberals have just convinced you it's bad

It's implied they merged in the movie though. Did you even watch it?

I liked it. This coming from a guy who liked the original gits. I was legit expecting to hate this shit but you know, it was fine. Original gits was 50% bureaucracy 30% action and 20% philo. It wouldnt've done well if released for the first time today, in theatres. My qualms with it is that it is lacking subtlety. It could have gotten across the points it needed to without END THE HACK and YOU DONT HAVE A DAUGHTER YOU LIVE IN AN APARTMENT ALL ALONE type stuff. But I got that they needed to hold the audience's hand a little bit-in that regard I would have scaled it back. You can say what you want about it, but does it really deserve lower ratings than Boss Baby? Looking forward to the next one.

concept art proofs they were going in the right direction, but they fucked up at one point

and that point was when they cast Scarjo as the Major

she straight up denies his petition to join him before he gets shot in the head. Did you even watch it?

yup

It would've been a non issue if byt he end they just kept the character of Mira Killian as Mira Kilian instead of backpedalling and saying "jk, she was actually Makoto all along".
But besides that the whole movie just recyvles the themes from Robocop, but lacking any grace or self awareness (or smarts) from Robocop.

Hmm.

>The new movie is good.
>The older 1995 Ghost in the Shell is typical for cheap anime
I know you're joking but jesus christ...

He had already put himself inside her was what he said right before.

Anyways it's such a trivial little thing. I can argue they were if you'd like but it's still pretty and a trivial thing

They really should have cast Sonoya Mizuno as the Major. She would have curtailed the SJW bitching, given that she's mixed race, and if they had hired her she wouldn't have problems doing full frontal nudity. They also wouldn't have to pay her whatever insane amount they gave Scar-Jew!!!FACT!!! youtu.be/o6HXmYi6Jw8

Yeah, it's not high art but it's honestly pretty solid as far as action movies go
It definitely isn't a 43%, I don't know why RT either horribly inflates or completely lowballs their scores

ew ew ew no thank you she's gross

Weta and Territory are the only two good parts about the 2017 movie. It's a lot easier to be good at art than it is to be a writer or a director and this shows it.

They also gave Iron Fist a low rating because of SJW's. Meanwhile Jessica Jones and Get Out get neat 100% because of those fucksticks. RottenTomatoes has no meaning.

but then they couldn't promote it as Scarlett Johansson presents Scarlett Johansson's Ghost in the Shell starring Scarlett Johansson, a Scarlett Johansson film.

the tomatometer is a strict mathematical formula. it's 68/159. the 68 are reviews that said it was good. that's it. the 43% is them saving you from having to punch 68/159 into a calculator.

>I don't know why RT either horribly inflates or completely lowballs their scores
43 isnt a score

> they failed to grasp the basic themes of the original material.
I hate when people say this. The basic themes in the 1995 are the same as they are in the 2017 movie. You either didn't see the new film, or are an idiot who doesn't know what the hell he is talking about.

>Long ass monologues on philosophy 101, does not make a good movie.
>people takling about anything other than the direct events of the plot means it's philosophy 101
Please remove yourself from the gene pool

which i dunno if it was a smart move since people were already chastened by Lucy

Major was a lesbian. That was a theme of the original which was cut.

>A movie isn't good because I liked another movie more

Please stop perpetuating this argument fallacy.

The original GitS was more concept driven than character. That was this the live actions foundational flaw, but they did that to draw in your average popcorn munching normie.

The original GitS is about the journeyt the Major goes through to become semi omniscient and what this means for her overall identity and humanity. The new one is about Major and her loss of self in her new body.
Thing is the old Major was already adapted to the idea of being 100% synthetic, the new one has not.

Nigga that bitch is gross

Fucking webs with their shit taste I swear

>videogame iqlet pretending he isn't part of the quote unquote "average popcorn munching normie" crowd
lel

it's a special rule that applies to remakes, reboots, and direct live action adaptations

It's brainlet, you moron.

This whole movie felt like a mediocre fan fiction. Like somebody hijacked the setting and aesthetic but couldn't quite graph the personalities of the main characters so they just wrote their own take on it which falls flat. They even have their own "oc do not steal".

Also why the fuck is aramaki the only dude speaking japanese in this flick?

Yea, what the fuck are these gigantic faces doing in GitS

>Also why the fuck is aramaki the only dude speaking japanese in this flick?
THat bothered me too, I'm guessing Takeshi doesn't speak english or didn't bother speaking english, or learning english.
On a sidenote I was pretty hyped for Takeshi in the movie but his overall character fell pretty flat, he had one "badass" scene, but he was pretty weak overall.

No! I must kill the cyborgs," she shouted!
The private network Hideo said "No, Mira. You are the cyborgs."
And then, Mira was Motoko

What would have made people who say the major was white washed happy? In the anime she didn't look asian, that was kind of one of the things about her character, that her chassis was a mass produced model with military mods.

I'd imagine the movie draws more from the movies than the manga since they did the dollar store version of so many scenes in that flick.

Hilarious how you shitty all this weaboo critique of the movie is

You guys are retards. It was a good movie as far as sci Fi is concerned. Good action movie. Only sjws and tumblrinas hate it

someone post the original, this feels off

ash thorp is the one to blame for that, which is ironic because he did project 2501

You don't understand user if the character does not look like pic related then it's white washing

>Hilarious how you shitty all this weaboo critique of the movie is
and you call us the retards

Evil Corp. + Love Story that ruined it for me

They could have had Scarjo get wrecked hard and swap her cyberbrain into an asian, or vice versa.
original movies seemed to imply she can and has swapped bodies several times in her life. The show sets up that she's constantly reusing the same models that look the same, but the movie turned her into a loli

true cyberpunkino coming through

SAC is the best in the franchise.
I honestly preferred the second movie more than the first, which I think is an unpopular opinion. The overuse of philosophical quotes is a con but I think the stylization and overall story were better.

>Haven't gone to the movies in a long time kinda looking forward to this
>Buy my ticket and reserve a seat a few hours in advance, get right in the middle.
>show up to theratre somebody in my seat and wont move, have to get manager and they get kicked out
>finally I can enjoy this movie so I can shit on it later
>some fat fuck sits next to me and my right arm gets squished into me bothers me the whole movie

Is this why people hate fat people?

Any more of these?

there isn't much now, but arstation might get more concept art from the film in the next few days