Movies that are a complete waste of time

>movie about a drug addicted repressed homosexual
>wife gets fucked by his friends
>shoots her in the head 'by accident'
>metaphor for releasing the shackles of his hetero identity or some nonsensical shit

Fuck this movie sucked balls. I shouldve know better once I saw (((Cronenberg))) was the director.

After researching the source material to make sense of this literal nothing of a movie I discovered the author was literally typing random words on a page while drug addicted and after fucking loads of (likely underage) boys after killing his wife

Im sick of this pretentious literal nothing bull shit.

Why are (((directors))) so obsessed with showing filth and degeneracy for its own sake?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degeneration_(Nordau)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

kys

>likes a movie with a literal talking asshole
>so deeeeep man

Naked Lunch is pretty tame compare to his other novel The Wild Boys.

Hes a shit author that appeals to retards that buy into the heavily marketed drug culture. The guy is a literal degenerate and displays it smugly.

The definition of untalented cancer

Okay then.

You may disagree and think that plot structure, prose and meaning are not important components to a novel. If so, then I can understand why you would give people like Burroughs or his (((associates))) the time of day.

You do realize that he wrote parts of Naked Lunch to woo his close gay friend Allen Ginsberg because he thought the passages sounded 'artsy' and cool. He was no doubt corrupted by Ginsberg type publishers of his day that had no ounce of creativity in them.

Pic related is the handsome fellow

Here is a poem from Ginsberg (the man Burroughs idolized)

>Millions of babies in pain
>Millions of mothers in rain
>Millions of brothers in woe
>Millions of children nowhere to go

Fantastic stuff

It's actually a pretty interesting biography of a man told through his most infamous novel. If it's not your thing, it's not your thing. But if you're not going to give it a real chance don't pretend there is nothing to get from it, because then you're just wrong.

i watched it

i gave it a chance

it was fucking shit

there is literally no plot. it is about a repressed homo with pedo urges on a drug binge. tell me what i missed

>Why are (((directors))) so obsessed with showing filth and degeneracy for its own sake

tautological

>researching the source material

Why not just read it for yourself?

In what sense?

Through my research I had the displeasure of reading parts of it and it was very bad user.

>taking movie suggestions from Sup Forums

You fucked up

Kek

(((directors))) produce degeneracy. winemakers make wine. the profession is dictated by its product

William S Burroughs often wrote through a character called William Lee, which is one of the characters in Naked Lunch. The book itself has no real plot to speak of, its just a series of vignettes of people living their lives in this place called the Interzone. So what Cronenberg did was decide to use that source material and insert events from Burrough's real life to make a sort of drug induced biography. It's unconventional, and no one says you have to like it. I'm just saying you aren't making any real arguments against the quality of the film, only that it wasn't for you.

Your post is literally meaningless. Who said I have to like it? I provided reasons why it sucked. You merely stating that "it's for some people" is a waste of time because no shit "it's for some people". Even Batman vs Superman is "for some people".

Der Ewige Jude incarnate. Never forget NAMBLA was closely associated with the early gay rights movement.

Him and Allen Ginsburg are responsible for nambla. There's no probably about it

It's sad seeing dumb commoners lauding these (((directors))) as talented and revolutionary because it's "whoa so shocking and subversive".

>ITT OP shows what it means to be a complete pleb

Well fuck me everything makes sense now

Tell us what you like about the movie dickhead. Was it the talking anus? The plot line? The sexual innuendos? Or do you think yourself to be part of a pretentious elite that "get it"?

My post was meaningless? I literally said no one says you have to like it. Just calm down with your hyperbolic bullshit. The film has substance. It's not even your fault you didn't understand it without the context behind it, just move on, my dude.

its the unavoidable consequence of moral relativism. If you accept that all belief systems are fundamentally and equally null, there is no point in pursuing them and nothing is left to appeal to then sheer reaction. What illicit the greatest reaction, positive or negative, must consequently be the best.

>All of these underage who have never read anything by the Beat Poets
>All of these underage who don't understand the philosophy behind the Beat Generation
>All of these underage who don't recognize Cronenberg as one of greatest directors of the last century

And did I not say that you said such meaningless drivel?

>but you just dun get it my dood

Typical response I expected. Fuck off

>Cronenberg as one of greatest directors of the last century

2/10 almost got me

All of those things and more. It is Cronenberg's best film and a perfect synthesis of his common themes of transformation and acceptance of one's true self. The designs and art direction are top notch. It's a perfect film.

Nose checks out.

It's not hard to understand.

The Beat Generation was a counter-culture movement in the '50s and '60s. Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsberg, William Burroughs, and more all experimented with drugs as a form of spiritual enlightenment. They wrote about sex, religion, and the human condition in general. Naked Lunch covers an array of topics that were controversial at the time: Homosexuality (and the ever-growing freedom of sexuality), embracing Buddhist ideologies and rejecting Christianity, the meaning of life, the use of drugs to expand the mind, and more.

Cronenberg did a pretty decent job at capturing the feeling of the novel, even though the movie isn't a direct adaption. And as always, his effects were on point.

The best generation were a bunch of critical theory Frankfurt jews who were actively subverting American values in effort to demoralize the citizenry and destroy traditionalism in the United states. It was the beginning of Weimar 2.0

Hey, man, you told me to tell you what you missed so I told you what it meant, then you said it was meaningless. Anything else you want from me?

Telling me its a drug induced biography and a vignette is what I missed? Wow, truly it's a masterpiece.

>Anything else you want from me?

Yes, I want you to stop posting. It's embarrassing you and the film you're defending.

It wasn't a metaphor for faggotry.
It wad a metaphor for WRITING.

His wife is his creative muse. When the book writing is finished the story ends and his muse is killed.
That's what the gun trick was about.

Then he moves onto his next book.

It's literally what happened in the end.

You would think it was have that sort of depth wouldn't you? That was my understanding when I first watched it.

If you read the book and the foreword to it, Burroughs associates state that he felt unshackled after killing his wife. While it brought him much grief, he was finally free to experiment with men.

That's literally in the book

Haha im telling you its literally trash and you were duped son

god you're such a fucking crybaby

I said the book was a series of vignettes, which the film has little to do with. And sure, I'll stop discussing this film on an internet film discussion board.

he shrekt you. stop anytime

A book and its film adaptation don't necessarily have the same themes

That's his first post in the thread, dumbass.

Stop living in the fucking Stone Age.

That's fair but it's also possible that you're reading more into the movie than intended

Your guys' heads are so far up your own asses it's incredible. The fact of the matter is that degeneracy is what is interesting. Making a film about people living their normal life in a normal home who go on to do normal things isn't interesting. What is interesting is seeing things you don't see everyday, leaving the sphere of possibility and entering a realm where anything can and does happen. Most people don't get to experience "different" in life, but they can live vicariously through the different in films they see.

Lets be even more honest. There isn't much in the way of methods of placing meaning into a film about normal regular boring things. There are infinite possibilities in films where things like degeneracy are being shown.

shh samefag its getting ridiculous now

>a film is either boring or degenerate

Nice false dichotomy moron. Get back on your opiates and talk to yourself about da meaning of da universe broo. At least you will convince yourself that you're anything more than an imbecile

This guy gets it

A movie NEEDS a talking asshole and disgusting scenes for no reason to be interesting. Every good movie has these qualities.

This guy nailed it

I know you're a retard, but I'll oblige you.

I bet when you saw this you thought you were looking in a mirror

I still can't decide whether autists lashing out with almost no provocation is one of the best or
worst things about this board

>The fact of the matter is that degeneracy is what is interesting.
Only for degenerates.

KEK

this post is everything wrong with society. Allowing people to living vicariously though others degeneracy? Really? That is what art should strive for?

Also being exceptional or embodying and ideal are by no means regular, without being degenerate.

plz tell me this isn't the same sci fi author whose books I loved reading as a kid.

No.

You may want to leave this thread.

OP you are truly a faggot. I have no issue with you claiming that Naked Lunch is shit, but the fact that you ACTUALLY are concerned about "degeneracy" in art as a sign of cultural collapse is hysterical.

As if YOU know what art should strive for. Some fucking dweeb who is posting on an anonymous message board claiming to know what art's purpose is, that's what you are. Biggest sign of an idiot is someone who actually thinks they know everything about something.

U suck.

Yes, but why is it called "naked lunch"?

It's what you see on the end of your fork before you take a bite.

>can't stop saying degenerate
found the Sup Forumscuck

seriously if you've reached a point in your life where seeing other people live there's in a different way threatens your idealized utopian pipe dream and factors into your persecution complex which you've adapted from fellow failures at life on a Cambodian knitting forum, seek professional help. seriously.

if you werent lobotomized you would read the post he is responding to

found the lobotomized one

>if you werent lobotomized you would read the post he is responding to
yep still doesn't change anything

stay mad pol/cuck/

How is his post meaningless dude?

He gave you some insight into the movie, I've watched it and thought it was interesting in its boredom (kinda like improv jazz where you don't get the joke the people playing seem to understand) and now knowing it had passages of WB real life in it, makes a bit more sense, it's degeneracy but at least had some cool looking monsters.

Degenerates wouldn't find degeneracy interesting because they're already living it. It's old hat to them. "Degeneracy" as you call it, which is just your way of putting down anything that doesn't fit into your tiny box of orthodoxy and regularness, is something people want to experience without the consequences of that lifestyle. It ties into most human desires to romanticize a less than optimal/healthy(either mentally or physically, usually both) lifestyle. People love to be sad because everybody is secretly longing for an interesting life and there just isn't anything interesting about happiness or the clean cut culture you're putting on a pedestal. Is it a simple, easy going life filled with repeated incidents of happiness? Yeah, probably. Is it also boring to look at from any other angle other than in that persons shoes? Definitely.

Where do you think the general idea of a mid life crisis comes from? it comes from 40 years of a mediocre life taking a toll on the person living it. They took the "right track" and got their degrees, had a family, had an okay or good job, and they live that life for 20 years and hate it because they missed out on the exploration and excitement. They throw themselves into a fast car because fast cars are close to the danger that the "degenerates" are always in. They eventually hit the same wall. The great clean cut guy in his Ferrari doing 90 in a school zone, the degenerate in no vehicle but still at 90 being shot forward by his actions and degeneracy. Both dead, both end up the same place, but not both accomplished the same thing, and not both truly lived to the fullest.

not him but

>"Degeneracy" as you call it, which is just your way of putting down anything that doesn't fit into your tiny box of orthodoxy and regularness

no shit. that it's literal definition of degeneracy, a deviation from the norm, especially when it is viewed as possible eroding or even destroying said norms

> It ties into most human desires to romanticize a less than optimal/healthy(either mentally or physically, usually both) lifestyle

a recent phenomenon. Historically it appears only at the end of decadent civilizations. For us it appeared during the Romantic era. Has been nothing but trouble for the West since

>Where do you think the general idea of a mid life crisis comes from?

another recent phenomenon, possibly only a half century old. Mid life crisis didn't exist in western society because, as one got older, there status became more esteemed, especially for men. the reason why mid life crisis exist now is because youth is worshiped to an unhealthy extent. Its the same motivation behind "cool" parents. People put far to much emphasis on the opinions of youth, much of this is a result of the sexual revolution, which commodified human youth an sexuality to a toxic extent, to point in which people believe once their sexual value diminishes, no value is left

I'm so glad I skipped Naked Lunch. Reading this thread just shows how shit it is.

Thanks OP

Shouldn't being young be respected a little more? New things tend to run better, granted their knowledge tends to lack but they learn as they go. Its older generations jobs to inform younger generations so that the world can remain a well oiled machine, not try to keep up with them. You can't run with the devils forever.

If you can honestly sit there and believe that art is the downfall of society and not rampant political corruption, jews, and the destruction of the nuclear family unit than you're either an idiot or willfully ignorant.

I'm a conservative who doesn't attribute a shitty world direction to art, I attribute it to a lot of other things.

When did I say art was the downfall? Degenerate art however...

>If you can honestly sit there and believe that art is the downfall of society and not rampant political corruption, jews, and the destruction of the nuclear family unit than you're either an idiot or willfully ignorant.

>I'm a conservative who doesn't attribute a shitty world direction to art, I attribute it to a lot of other things.

i agree with you on almost every count. The difference is you have yet to recognize that degenerate art is a contributing factor to all of this. The average person's opinions are no longer formed by religion, tradition, or even their parents worldview, they are formed by the entertainment the consume. People learn history from entertainment. People learn philosophy from entertainment. People learn morality from entertainment. Heck, its why so many stupid historical myths are still believed today, because movies repeat them.

If you honestly can't see how, over the last few decades, art, especially film and television, have been eroding values like the nuclear family i honesty don't know what else i can say.

What a shame they didn't succeed.

Aren't all movies or litreally any way of entertainment a waste of time?

Also, fuck you OP, it was and pretty OK movie.

>(((Cronenberg)))

Is Cronenberg really Jewish? Wasn't expecting that one.

Can somebody give me a quick rundown on this?

Bill was a bottom. The weirdest type of young boy luster.

Degenerecy or entartete was coined by a jew by the way. Max Nordau.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degeneration_(Nordau)

Art is not the cause of society's degeneration. Art is representative of the society it comes from. Hence a degenerate society creates degenerate art.

art imitates life imitates art........

it's mutual, but the greatest art cannot save a society from itself.

bait/10, and I bet you're a cunt irl too

>de Chirico

My nigga.

are you the user from yesterday? Hopefully you've been writing.