Orson Welles, at 26 years old, released the greatest technical and narrative achievement in film history...

Orson Welles, at 26 years old, released the greatest technical and narrative achievement in film history. At a young age of 26.

So what the fuck is your excuse for not making a great film RIGHT now?

Too much French Champagne

I think about this a lot. He was born rich, into show business, had tons of freedom as a lad, and at 17 he was living alone. I grew up poor.

I figure he has a 10 year advantage over me. I'll see what I can do by age 36.

i made National Treasure II

Still have a good 12 years to come up with something

Fuck him.

A twat. Full fledged, twat.

Too much competition, pretty much everything has been done already

Dont want to be in the illuminati.

He also directed a one man show of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde when he was 14 for his school.

Nigga, he lost his mom and dad at a pretty young age. And his dad was a worthless alcoholic who did nothing when Orson was in his teens. He wasn't dirt poor but it's not like he was in some perfect situation.

>MWUAHHH THE FRENCH

O.W.:I hate Woody Allen physically, I dislike that kind of man.

H.J.: I’ve never understood why. Have you met him?

O.W.: Oh, yes. I can hardly bear to talk to him. He has the Chaplin disease. That particular combination of arrogance and timidity sets my teeth on edge.

H.J.: He’s not arrogant; he’s shy.

O.W.: He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups. Everything he does on the screen is therapeutic.

>shy autists on Sup Forums btfo

This is the worst time in history to be alive, orson welles knew this and died before having to experience it

he was wealthy and had complete freedom as well as an early artistic bent at a young age. He went around ireland with a donkey selling paintings for room and food.

Times are different now, if I was born in Orsons time and from a decent family i'd be reading shakespeare as a teen instead of sci-fi shit.

He was a genius but it was much easier to be closer to greatness in his age then it is now with all these computers and vidya games distracting people.

I'm not saying his life was good or easy, but he had independence, even if that came at a price.

I'm 28 and I live with my mom and dad. my life is ok, I'm not unhappy, but I have no independence or money.

He's more talking about Redditor-types. That sort of "I'm too smart to be socially skilled" thing.

I gather Orsen never really ever got into a fight. Badasses don't talk this way. Divas do.

Look at me defending the Jew.

reminds me of something Steven Assanti would say if he had such vocabulary.

>the age of having the most technologically advanced tools (by far) is the "worst time in history to be alive"

Ungrateful fuck.

I don't like movies

>having shitty toys to play with makes life worth living
huh.

If he was so smart why did he end how he did?

>I consider some of the greatest and profound technological achievement in human history to be "toys"

Ungrateful fuck.

Whatever Orson is saying may be true. But I see nothing wrong with art as therapy, it describes a worldview of a great many men, and so it has value. I'm sure this is set to BTFO a lot of Sup Forumsedittors, but Woody is producing something that appeals to the sort of men Orson hates. That doesn't mean there isn't a place for them or the art that reflects them.

>So what the fuck is your excuse for not making a great film RIGHT now?

>no social skills
>no money
>no talent
>no vision
>it seems like everything has been done by now

they are

Him and Brando just couldn't stop eating those twinkies

It sounds like Orsen was projecting.

Real pompous cunt.

>A reality where trump got elected is ok

This might be describing me but the difference is I'm just afraid to speak up, it's not like I put up the pretense of being shy.

nevermind I read it more thoroughly, it is describing me. thanks Orson

Did manchildren even exist back in the 40s or whenever this guy was 26? During what decade did manchildren become a thing?

>one of the most believed director, actor, magician, radio host, to grace hollywood

>pompous cunt

you're the cunt.

timidity's always been a thing

>Allen
>still makes movies
>enjoying is life
>even got away with marrying his step-child or something like that

>Orson
>ended up voicing transformers and other stuff he hated for money

"modest" fatfuck BTFO

Even a king can have delusions of grandeur.

The man was a tyrant & unless you are a genius you shouldn't emulate his narcissistic qualities.

You know how Orson got his own first acting gig ? He literally strolled right into the theater pretending to be a famous Hollywood actor and demanding a gig, and while they didn't believe him, they were impressed with his bullshit and let him in.
And there's this
He spend a lifetime fighting tooth and nail to get his shit done, being "born rich" (he wasn't even that rich) wasn't why he got anywhere.

>believed

slip