ITT: Post the most obvious examples of American filmmakers ripping off foreign films

ITT: Post the most obvious examples of American filmmakers ripping off foreign films.

>pic related immediately comes to mind

What similarities are there besides Kimba/Simba and being about lions?

If it's foreign, then it doesn't count.

>Americans

what's the name of the jap one

You know what's great? You know where I'm from and so does everyone else, but nobody knows where you're from.

Yikes, that looks pretty bad. Apparently the Disney people continue to deny it though.

it's reparations those African lions are taking back what's rightfully their from those white motherfuckers

Kimba The White Lion

WHITEWASHING

>Gorgeous western animation of African animals in typical settings somehow rips off ching chong china doodles

I bet Kimba doesn't even have Shakespearean influences.

>it was okay when they ripped off famous fairytales or books but don't they dare touch japanese stuff

ty

Are you some kinda retard? Theyre both retellings of macbeth except lion king is even less original because its ripping off the concept of the retelling.
I agree the animation from disney is immediately and clearly superior but come on, they did a complete 1:1 rip off with no fucking shame

>what is public domain

>macbeth
>american education

>Ripoff is ripping off ripoff

Troll harder.

Disney didn't pretend like they created Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, etc. Lion King was presented like it was original work when it was just a shameless ripoff.

Reading Macbeth is pretty commonplace in American literature classes.

>Matthew Broderick has said that when he was hired as the voice of adult Simba in The Lion King, he presumed the project was related to Kimba the White Lion. "I thought he meant Kimba, who was a white lion in a cartoon when I was a little kid," said Broderick. "So I kept telling everybody I was going to play Kimba. I didn't really know anything about it, but I didn't really care."
>didn't really care

Never change, you vehicular manslaughtering bastard

The point is that it's fucking Hamlet dumbshit.
>evil power-hungry uncle kills main character's father, the king

dude was just psyched to be voicing a character from his childhood

So the hyenas aren't the Weird Sisters?

I bet Disney paid money secretly

Wow Kimba the white lion is that old I remember watching it as a kid in the town local channel but thought it was from the 80's. Did anyone knows how it ended?

there were multiple series

k-pax

that makes sense

Kimba's dad dies, or is lost or something, and he travels around with a wise baboon and a parrot, while being hassled by an evil lion and some hyenas.

It definitely lifted some visuals from it, but the plots share nothing in common. Of course, it just lifted it's plot from Shakespeare.

There was some local channel in my country that aired Kimba in the late 90's lmao. I guess they didn't have much money for anything else, they also aired other weird and old japanese shows.

>KINO
they know

>only black lion is the villain
how did they get away with it?

>it's an assblasted weeb episode

Mexico?

If by ripping off, you mean making a much better version.

Copyright infringement doesn't need to prove intent. Which is a way for artists to save face. That way the law can work without calling a huge company or personality a thief.

Look at My Sweet Lord by George Harrison. His song structure had been deemed virtually identical to "He's So Shy'. Nothing at all about thievery, just reperations due.

The people of your country are famous for being ignorant xenophobic assholes.

If you want to count that as a good thing then congratulations.

Argentina. You guys had The Big Channel too?

You forgot fat, you irrelevant dickhead.

>ignorant xenophobic assholes
>You forgot fat, you irrelevant dickhead.

Sorry about that, let me fix that.

>The people of your country are famous for being fat ignorant xenophobic assholes.

>If you want to count that as a good thing then congratulations.

Is that better?

Also, I would rather be irrelevant than famed for my douchebaggery.

That reddit spacing

I missed my point there. Why haven't the creators of Kimba already filed and won?

>kikes deny stealing to make profit

really makes the enzimes in my cerebral cortex oxidize

Really gets my noggin floggin

I just like using lots of spaces, I find it easier to read.

Have been doing it since 2008.

Eat shit and die, reddit can go fuck itself.

>what is homage

This is like saying Interstellar or Sunshine rip off 2001 because they take place in space. You could probably make an exact same image for 2001/Interstellar by posting Jupiter/Saturn and the Monolith/TARS

let's be fair, they fucking improved it

iirc the creator said it was flattering but he didn't care

Holy shit, i'm glad i'm not the only one who knows about this

plus K-pax is so fucking bad

Well, if Interstellar or Sunshine had a giant monolith that was blue instead of black, and a big space ship that was a ball on a long stick and an AI with a big blue eye named Pal and a main character named Rave.

It's so delicious how impotently furious you limeys can get

I am mildly annoyed and not a limey.

Still irrelevant and doesn't understand the difference between ripoff and influence

Basically, any property in existence, public domain or not, should be grateful for the opportunity to be presented in the unparalleled medium that is gorgeous Western Animation.

> grateful for the opportunity to be presented in the unparalleled medium that is gorgeous Western Animation
>unparalleled medium that is gorgeous Western Animation
>gorgeous Western Animation

Oh shit I needed that, first time in years I have literally laughed so hard I hurt myself.

Thanks

The Rion King

Resevoir Dogs is City on Fire
The Departed is Infernal Affairs

Tarantino doesn't plagarise. He homages

Gozilla is King Kong

But Stormfront said The Lion King is a white nationalist metaphor.

Kek

Oh, I thought you were shitposting at this point.

The film contains references to Shakespearean characters and themes in general, but the overall plot is very much primarily based on Hamlet

Implying it isn't an amalgamation of macbeth and hamlet

>Godzilla came out in 2014
>King Kong came out in 2017
>Godzilla rips off King Kong 3 years in advance???
>profit

Whoa whoa, wait. You mean to tell me there were african animals other than lions in both movies.

LAWSUIT IMMINENT

Calm down lad. I'll give you a word of advice: if you feel the need to write seven lines in response to one line, you've been baited

>1:1
Learn what this means before using it.

jesus man he could be torn to shreds

Simba is the Swahili word for Lion. You want them to not use that because it's Kimba with an S instead of a K?

Naa as long as he doesn't get in a car, the chimp should be safe

Those white lions look like mice

A Fistful of Dollars ripped off Yojimbo; Kurosawa and the studio successfully sued Leone for it.

K*brick is almost as big a fraud as Tarantino

>Xenophobic
Wew no one gives a fuck
Stay in your own shithole

The Departed was an official remake not just a ripoff, wasn't it?

Amerikikes being kikes nothing new

Kubrick began filming 2001 in 1965 and it's based off of source material that was written in 1948.

Perfect Blue and Black Swan

Jungle Emperor Lio.

Anything by Tarantino has already been made by Kurosawa

>I would rather be irrelevant

at least you got your wish

But he ripped off Tokyo Drifter and Yakuza Papers WAY more.

godzilla is beast from 20000 fathoms you dumbass ho

>people walking
>Mexican standoff
>hurr durr rip-off
I hate this meme. QT was telling everyone about this when the movie came out PLUS Rersvoir Dogs focuses on the stuff that isn't in City on Fire.

>ripping off shakespear
>thinking it's some gook shit instead
top kek

The Departed ripped off Internal Affairs
Juno stole from Jenny, Juno

Hey retard.
a) The movie is called Infernal Affairs
b) It was already mentioned.
c) The Departed is an official remake.
d) You suck.